Los Angeles area hunters -- rifle ban?

PDA

ArmedBear
June 29, 2007, 03:26 PM
Anyone know if and where deer hunting is shotgun-only?

I understand it's around the LA area, but I'm not sure which deer zone, county, or whatever boundary defines the "no rifles" area.

If you enjoyed reading about "Los Angeles area hunters -- rifle ban?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
brighamr
June 29, 2007, 03:57 PM
I can't tell you a specific answer, but the F&G hunter's guide will. I hunted around lake comanche a few years back and it was shotgun only. The F&G showed the boundaries on the map as well as in the zone descriptions.

HTH

ArmedBear
June 29, 2007, 04:02 PM
That's what's odd. I can't find mention of it in F&G Hunting Regs publications. I just remember it from my HS course.

It hasn't ever been an issue, but this year I got my 3rd choice tag in the drawing, and it includes LA County and surrounding areas.

I guess I'll have to call F&G. God help me.:)

Yosemite**Sam
July 2, 2007, 06:02 PM
I believe it's D11 or D13 north of the San Fernando Valley. May Canyon to Bear Divide Ranger station is shotgun only. You don't want to get stopped there with a rifle. Instant ticket. There may be other areas. Call the local ranger station where you want ot hunt.

If you enjoyed reading about "Los Angeles area hunters -- rifle ban?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!