Brown Bear Ammunition- 7.62x39mm Soviet

PDA

kcmarine
July 1, 2007, 03:12 PM
What is the composition of this ammunition?

If you enjoyed reading about "Brown Bear Ammunition- 7.62x39mm Soviet" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MIL-DOT
July 1, 2007, 04:03 PM
i just ordered a 1/2 case of this in hollow point from sportsmansguide,after discount and shipping, $84. i believe it's got the same specs as golden tiger and most other ruskie ammo : laquer coated steel case,copper jacketed-lead core projectile, berdan primer,non-corrosive. good stuff according to everything i've been able to dig up on it, manufactured by barnaul.

chris in va
July 1, 2007, 09:45 PM
If I may add one more thing, my Wolf and Golden Tiger x39 are steel jacketed, the Brown Bear may be also.

kcmarine
July 1, 2007, 10:11 PM
Yep... got steel in 'em. They did an ammo composition check when I was just getting into my last box... apparently my refrigerator magnet at home isn't powerful enough to find the iron in it. They were gracious enough to let me use up the last of it, and they didn't make too big of a deal about it. I just can't use any more of the 400 rounds I have left from my purchase at that range. Oh well...

Gun Wielding Maniac
July 2, 2007, 09:16 AM
Bi-metal jacketed bullet, with lead core, 123 grains. Steel casing, with laquer coating.

If you enjoyed reading about "Brown Bear Ammunition- 7.62x39mm Soviet" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!