Good reloading equip. store in SE Pennsylvania?

PDA

yhtomit
July 4, 2007, 01:59 PM
I recently bought a Lee Classic Cast press, and expect to have it until I die in 120 or so years. I am impressed by how sturdy it feels, and with the precision engineering of the dies -- it's amazing to me that the equipment to reload handgun ammo costs less than any of the handguns I own. (And I don't have any high-dollar guns.)

However, I'm curious to see in person (rather than mostly by reading about) the differences between various brands of presses, and I wonder if anyone can recommend a shop somewhere vaguely in between (or near) Philadelphia and Harrisburg, PA. (Within the state, those are my usual end nodes for travel.) I'd like to find a shop that has a lot of presses set up for demonstration purposes, so I can get an idea of the ergonomics of them in direct comparison. Having heard some (slight) grumbling about roughness in the action of Lee presses vs. other more expensive brands, I am curious to see for myself whether I can detect it. Maybe mine is a lucky one, but I sure don't feel anything even close to rough!

Since I am not in the market for a new press, I'd be happy to pay a slight premium on some other reloading supplies if it justifies the time spend browsing and playing in a well-equipped shop -- I don't plan to monopolize any salesman time.

(Gander Mountain in H-burg has a few presses set up, a surprising number of which are shotgun shell reloaders; last time I was in there I also remember them having a Lyman Crusher II and a Hornady Lock n' Load kit. But no RCBS, and I think no Dillon, not to mention anything slighlty more obscure. So, a *whole lot* better than nothing, but I'd like to find the Mall of America of reloading-oriented gun shops ;) )

Any ideas?

timothy

If you enjoyed reading about "Good reloading equip. store in SE Pennsylvania?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ian Sean
July 4, 2007, 02:46 PM
The Cabellas in Hamburg (off I-78 roughly 1/2 way between Allentown and Harrisburg) does have a few presses set up and sometimes offer reloading classes from time to time, check out the Website for the Hamburg store, I believe they list dates and times for all of those kinds of activities.

captain54
July 4, 2007, 06:28 PM
You can give these guys a call-King Shooters Supply, Inc. 124 W. Church Rd, King of Prussia, PA 610-491-9901-I have not visited their store, but I know that they cast their own bullets and have shot them and they worked well. I am guessing that if they cast there own brand, they would have reloading supplies.

RON in PA
July 5, 2007, 02:35 AM
King's has a number of Dillon models set up, but I don't think any other brands. They are a good source of cast bullets, powder and primers.

If you enjoyed reading about "Good reloading equip. store in SE Pennsylvania?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!