Is Mossberg originally from Sweden?

PDA

SIGfiend
July 7, 2007, 02:18 AM
Couldn't help but notice because it looks like the Swedish flag is in their logo:

http://www.lisc.net/mossbe~1.gif

If you enjoyed reading about "Is Mossberg originally from Sweden?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
toivo
July 7, 2007, 04:34 AM
I believe the company started in the US, but the founders have Swedish heritage.

deadin
July 7, 2007, 11:49 AM
Mossberg, O.F. & Sons, Inc.
Founded by Oscar F Mossberg in 1892 at Fitchburg, MA. It's been located in New Haven, CT since 1919. It is the oldest family owned firearms manufacturer in America.
I never noticed the Swedish crowns before, but imagine that toivo in right on the mark.

SIGfiend
July 8, 2007, 05:19 PM
well the name doesn't sound like an American last name more like a Germanic possibly Swedish one, especially given with the colors, bars, and crowns

TSH77769
July 8, 2007, 06:35 PM
Yes, the founders absolutely had strong Swedish roots and were either 1st or 2nd generation immingrants IIRC. In a similiar vein, here in Alaska, out on Adak island is a commercial fishing operation called Adak fisheries. Their logo is based on a long pennant version of the Norwegian flag. The owner is a 1st generation immigrant from Norway.

I used to live in Norway and while I really hated Norway in particular, I very much enjoy Scandinavia in general, with my favorites being Finland and Denmark.

Tsh77769

If you enjoyed reading about "Is Mossberg originally from Sweden?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!