rifle press

PDA

grafsk8er
July 7, 2007, 02:13 PM
can i possibly buy a press for under a $100 new, or can i find a decent one off of ebay?

If you enjoyed reading about "rifle press" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Bushmaster
July 7, 2007, 02:15 PM
www.midwayusa.com

trueblue1776
July 7, 2007, 02:26 PM
Midway has a Lee Challenger kit (press, scale, powder measure, autoprime) for less than $70. I never get tired of recommending that, I use the hell out of my Challenger press and have no problems.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/productview?saleitemid=149097&t=11082005

The best deal running if you ask me.

dcloco
July 7, 2007, 02:44 PM
Lyman has reconditioned Orange Crushers (nearly identical to a Rock Chucker) and turret presses....I believe...about $80 shipped to your door.

They work VERY well.

Hawk
July 7, 2007, 03:41 PM
If it's just a single stage press under consideration, 100.00 will get you a lot.

Lee Classic Cast 79.00, Lyman Crusher II 96.00, Redding Big Boss 105.00, Rockchucker and Hornady LnL classic just a smidge more.
(Midsouth - before freight).

No paraphernalia or dies with the above.

If you're looking to test drive the LNL die system you'll need a press that takes 1-1/4 X 12 dies. I believe all the above, with the exception of the Lyman will. Presses like the Lee Challenger, Redding Boss and RCBS Partner won't.

redneck2
July 7, 2007, 04:03 PM
If it's just one caliber, a single would be fine. If you're loading more than one, I'd suggest a turret.

You might check at some of the gun shops in your area. My local shop has some screaming deals from time to time on used stuff they pick up. Also, if you can find some bulletin boards (banks, laundromats, grocery store, etc.) you could put up fliers. I've found some really cheap stuff at garage sales.

At one time I had a single stage and a turret that I gave to friends.

SnakeEater
July 7, 2007, 04:51 PM
I'm tickled pink with my Lee Classic turret. Very stout.

presspuller
July 7, 2007, 05:29 PM
Be VERY careful on ebay. Know your prices. Most reloading stuff that I have watched on there went for more than new.

grafsk8er
July 8, 2007, 11:32 AM
trueblue, that's a perfect kit, i just ordered one, it's on its way, thanks

trueblue1776
July 8, 2007, 12:00 PM
Glad I could help. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "rifle press" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!