A2 Stock Rattle

PDA

Number 6
July 7, 2007, 09:13 PM
I built my first AR-15 and have an A2 stock installed on it. I put the spacer in and the stock fits tight, but I can hear the spacer mover around in the stock and rattles a bit when I move the rifle. Is this normal, or is there a problem with the stock? Thanks for your help.

If you enjoyed reading about "A2 Stock Rattle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
benEzra
July 7, 2007, 10:28 PM
That may actually be the recoil buffer and/or buffer spring rattling in there.

Number 6
July 8, 2007, 05:30 AM
I don't think it is the buffer or the spring. When I hold the rifle to my shoulder and then lower the rifle I can hear what I think is the spacer slide forward and then slide back when I hold the rifle with the barrel pointed upward.

DnPRK
July 8, 2007, 09:57 AM
There is a weight trapped inside the buffer. You hear that weight sliding back and forth. As an experiment, remove the buffer and spring and tilt the buttstock up and down. Did the noise go away?

If you enjoyed reading about "A2 Stock Rattle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!