H-S precision detachable magazines for rem700s

PDA

taliv
July 7, 2007, 10:53 PM
i've been searching the internet and thr and can't seem to find any useful info.

unless i've missed something, about the only threads here talking about them are talking about the lack of availability.

anyone actually used one? if so, did it require modification to your stock?

If you enjoyed reading about "H-S precision detachable magazines for rem700s" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mute
July 8, 2007, 12:34 PM
They work ok, but a number of users have reported reliability issues. Nothing that couldn't be easily fixed, but there nonetheless. If you want to go with DBMs for the 700 better to go with the Badger Ordnance one or get an AICS.

aubie515
July 8, 2007, 12:37 PM
Mute, is correct. Get the Badger, AICS stock or a V Bull Precision mag system for the Remington 700. I was leaning towards the V Bulll, until I found it it cost almost $500, just for the mag system. For $300 more, I could get the AICS stock and mag system.

taliv
July 8, 2007, 03:37 PM
i can't change stocks. i need to keep the stock that came on it. so i need something that will work with that stock.

Mute
July 8, 2007, 08:37 PM
Which model do you have? The Badger Ordnace system can be adapted to most stocks.

kcmarine
July 8, 2007, 08:39 PM
Heck... for what some of these things cost... you could get a new 700 with the detachable magazine from the factory.

taliv
July 8, 2007, 10:18 PM
it's an etronx, which i believe uses the same dimensions as the VSSF, but the electronics, the battery, LED, key, etc are built into the stock. It would be extremely annoying to attempt to fit all that crap into another stock.

Mute
July 9, 2007, 12:07 PM
Then you probably want the Badger. You just replace the bottom metal and trigger guard and probably have to do some minor inletting. Stay away from factory DBM from Remington. They still haven't got it right yet.

aubie515
July 9, 2007, 02:51 PM
Dang Mute...beat me to it again...haha.

He is correct about the factory DM system...avoid it.

If you enjoyed reading about "H-S precision detachable magazines for rem700s" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!