What happened to my thread?

PDA

Double Maduro
June 28, 2003, 02:29 PM
I posted what I considered to be a rational rant about the topics of some of the threads on the board lately -comic books, movies, video games, etc. and now I can't find it.

Did it get pulled and if it did, why?

If I have just misplaced it please tell me where to find it.

If it was pulled, please tell me why.

DM:

If you enjoyed reading about "What happened to my thread?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GinSlinger
June 28, 2003, 02:41 PM
Technical support

http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28804

GinSlinger

Double Maduro
June 28, 2003, 02:43 PM
OK, I found it.

You moved it to technical support without telling anyone it was moved. I thought you let people know when a thread had been moved. Guess not.

At least I am glad to see that it wasn't pulled. I do wish you had replied or at least let me know it was moved.

For anyone interrested the title of the thread is "When did this board become----?"

Double Maduro
June 28, 2003, 02:45 PM
Thanks GinSlinger, I must have found it while you were telling me where it is.

DM

Mike Irwin
June 28, 2003, 03:09 PM
No, generally the moderators don't tell someone when a thread has been moved, or combined with another thread.

I had the same situation the other day. I posted an editorial by the Washington (Com)Post, and it disappeared.

What I did to find it (I actually thought it might have gotten lost in cyberspace as I was having computer troubles) was to go to a message that I had recently posted and then clicked on the "search for other posts by this member" to find it.

Oleg Volk
June 28, 2003, 03:12 PM
I moved it without leaving a forwarding link. My mistake, sorry.

Double Maduro
June 28, 2003, 03:13 PM
Mike,

Thanks for the tip. I went to search and searched on my user name and it didn't show up, neither did a post I made later. I actually thought it had been pulled.

Thanks,
DM

Tamara
June 28, 2003, 03:15 PM
I'll make sure a forwarding link is left to this one. :)

Double Maduro
June 28, 2003, 03:15 PM
Oleg,

Thanks for the reply. For awhile I thought I was in the Twilight Zone.

DM

Double Maduro
June 28, 2003, 03:17 PM
Thanks Tamara

If you enjoyed reading about "What happened to my thread?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!