Why hunt with a Gun?

PDA

RubenZ
July 12, 2007, 12:49 AM
When you can use a Bird of Prey:

http://www.fazed.org/video/view/?id=724

If you enjoyed reading about "Why hunt with a Gun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Heavy Metal Hero
July 12, 2007, 12:58 AM
Good luck hunting elk with that. :)

RubenZ
July 12, 2007, 01:00 AM
BTW, thats actually a Hobby. Thats a trained Bird.

koja48
July 12, 2007, 09:37 PM
Bet it's a bugger to sight-in . . . cleaning probably wouldn't be much fun, either . . .

Sunray
July 14, 2007, 12:03 AM
Birds of prey take an incredible amount of time to train and look after. There's no taking it to grandma's or getting a friend to look after it while you're off somewhere for a weekend.

koja48
July 14, 2007, 09:12 AM
I hear that! Hell, I have an old African Gray parrot who lapses into "I hate the entire world" mode, whenever I'm away & my Kids are taking care of him. Consequently, I ensure that the band-aid supply is at max capacity before I depart (Kids can be slow learners & and you still can't teach me a darn thing . . . ). More back on thread, I believe that it's tougher to get licensed as a falconer nowadays, too, but watching birds of prey hunt is indeed a thrill.

If you enjoyed reading about "Why hunt with a Gun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!