Bumper Snickers ...

PDA

Autolite
June 28, 2003, 10:40 PM
I saw a bumper sticker the other day on the rear side window of a pick-up that read "If you can read this then you're in range". Is there anyone who can tell me where I can find one of these stickers. It has such a nice PC ring to it don't-cha think ??? :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Bumper Snickers ..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
blades67
June 28, 2003, 11:00 PM
Are you sure that's the kind of gunowner you want to be perceived as being? :rolleyes:

TXSniper
June 28, 2003, 11:06 PM
Cant be any worse than my favorite.. " If I can see you then you're in range.

chaoslord
June 29, 2003, 09:33 PM
"Keep honking, I'm reloading."

Edward429451
June 29, 2003, 10:31 PM
Aw being a gunowner don't mean you can't have a sense of humor. Does it? Personally, I don't like telegraphing the fact that I may be armed, but I don't see any harm in it for others.

You could make one in WordPerfect or something like that and print it out on sticker paper from Office Depot.

Autolite
June 29, 2003, 10:49 PM
I can see your point but it all depends on the environment. In my neck of the woods, everyone drives pickups and most have something crude pasted on the rear window. A gun related bumper sticker like the one I saw would be found humourous by most around here (and our laws do not allow us to carry loaded firearms in our vehicles anyway). Wouldn't drive around the big city with it though ...

blades67
June 29, 2003, 11:30 PM
Well, you never know when you might have to run into town for something.:neener:

Zundfolge
June 30, 2003, 12:30 AM
I appreciate the humor in these kind of bumper stickers, but they do nothing but re-enforce the attitudes of antis and worse, help impart these attitudes to the fence sitters.

There are good ones though. Like "Driver only carries $20 in ammo" and my personal favorite "Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people then my gun."

c_yeager
June 30, 2003, 01:59 AM
Around here parking a car at night with a sticker like that is like putting up a sign that says "Free Gun Under Seat!" Expect broken windows and rifled goveboxes/trunk if you park in the city.

MonkeyMan
June 30, 2003, 07:23 AM
At the university where I work I like to keep the libs on their toes with:

Vote Democratic. It's easier than getting a job.

MicroBalrog
June 30, 2003, 07:05 PM
"Guns cause violence like flame extinguishers cause fires!"

My own.

J Miller
June 30, 2003, 08:05 PM
"If you can read this then you're in range".

In range of what? Chewin tabaky is awfull nasty stuff..............:barf:

Standing Wolf
June 30, 2003, 09:06 PM
Guns cause violence like flame extinguishers cause fires!

I like that!

redneck2
June 30, 2003, 10:18 PM
WARNING

Handgun in vehicle is larger than it appears

grenadier
July 1, 2003, 01:02 AM
One bumper sticker that was quite funny was one that said "My guns have killed fewer people than Ted Kennedy's car" but was modified a bit. "Fewer" was scratched out and "as many" was written in there.

Mostly Harmless
July 1, 2003, 02:15 PM
Semper Fi
Save the Whales
and a gay pride rainbow

almost guaranteed to have people's heads exploding as they try to comprehend the juxtaposition.

Then there's Survivor XXX: Each team has one of those Toyota hybrid cars, with bumper stickers saying things like "Vegetarians for World Disarmament".

The winner is the one who gets furthest through Texas :evil:

J.

Elmer Snerd
July 1, 2003, 04:07 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?threadid=21182
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?threadid=10352

RustyHammer
July 1, 2003, 04:16 PM
GUN CONTROL: Hitting what you're aiming at.

SPECIAL FORCES: Kill them all, let G-d sort them out.

Don't go away mad ... just go away.

Seen in San Francisco: "Don't ask, don't tell, don't drop the soap"

MicroBalrog
July 1, 2003, 05:29 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns cause violence like flame extinguishers cause fires!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like that

If you end up printing a sticker, tell me.

Mil Novecientos Once
July 1, 2003, 05:42 PM
"Body Piercing by 1911"

"My 1911 is faster than your 911"

"1911 or Die"

"I love my 1911"

Larry Ashcraft
July 1, 2003, 06:04 PM
What Constitution?
Vote Democratic

ACP
July 1, 2003, 07:18 PM
I think gun bumper stickers are just inviting criminals to shoot you first, ask questions later. Kind of like "protected by S&W" on your front door. And "keep honking, I'm reloading" -- reloading why? Reloading means you have already expended your ammunition. On what? Did you just take part in a driveby shooting?? That bumper sticker makes no sense. I carry CCW and I take the concealed part of it very seriously, including not advertising my self-protection choices to my neighbors and total strangers...

Jeeper
July 1, 2003, 08:08 PM
Not really gun related but I had this on my jeep until I changed bumpers

"Had God not removed Man from the Garden of Eden the Sierra Club would have"

Standing Wolf
July 1, 2003, 08:35 PM
Nobody beats an armed woman!

Orthonym
July 2, 2003, 04:25 AM
Was on the back bumper of a very scruffy, rural-looking p/u (rare around here, what with all the damyankee golf trash) :fire: parked at the bookstore,viz:

"Nine out of ten politicians prefer unarmed peasants."

Recon By Fire
July 2, 2003, 05:06 AM
"If guns cause violence, pencils cause mispelled words"

Khornet
July 2, 2003, 09:15 AM
The Marines: When it absoutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight.

And, my fave:

I ALWAYS DO WHAT THE LITTLE VOICES TELL ME

Duncan Idaho
July 2, 2003, 10:08 AM
My favorite:

"Aids, Abortion, Euthanasia...Dont Liberals Just Kill Ya?"

Skunkabilly
July 2, 2003, 10:59 AM
This is Ghostrider. He's too close for missiles...switching to guns :p

rperry03
July 2, 2003, 12:17 PM
To answer your question where to get them.
The cheaper than dirt catalog had a few good ones or cheaperthandirt.com.
Around here it is really mixed.
You will get the pickup going down the road with dear antlers and anything else on it and the next truck will be your low rider that could not make it over a speed bump.
I like the sticker Keep honking Im reloading. It does send the wrong signal that you like road rage, but you also need a sense of humor. So if someone takes offense to it....good maybe they deserve it.

Oh yeah and the little bullet hole stickers you see on the back always crack me up!

simon
July 2, 2003, 12:29 PM
Not gun related but,on my truck bumper;

Don't like my driving?
Dial 1-800-EAT-SH*T

NRA4LIFE
July 2, 2003, 12:40 PM
I couldn't resist. My brother used to have one on his truck:

"I Hate People"

And to know him, he meant it.

trimation
July 2, 2003, 01:16 PM
What about.....

"Fight Crime, Shoot Back!"

Alan Smithiee
July 2, 2003, 02:30 PM
local one

"Make a Californian feel at home, shoot at them"

I've had SOOO many requests for those.

GinSlinger
July 2, 2003, 03:07 PM
"We ARE the people our parents warned us about"

Only non-libertain, non-Rolling Stones Bumper sticker to every gracee one of my cars.

GinSlinger

simon
July 2, 2003, 03:08 PM
nevermind

Ironbarr
July 2, 2003, 03:20 PM
Reading this thread got me thinking of an original (if there is an "original" left to coin). So I submit this as a test platform - use your imagination(s) and "fix" this 'bumper sticker':
When in doubt dial 1-911-COLT

Zach S
July 2, 2003, 04:18 PM
I saw one a while back that said:

Retired Marine
In other words, dont ???? with this truck!

Ian Sean
July 2, 2003, 05:25 PM
I used to have "Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage" on my truck, also one with Hitler and Clinton with right arm raised "All in favor of Gun Control raise your right hand". Plus a "Read Your Constitution!" from the JBS.

I recieved many positive comments about them, and several negative ones.

One in particular in a shopping center parking lot that I am quite proud of keeping my cool. A woman at her car calls over "Hitler and Clinton? whats wrong with you?" I ignored her and started loading the truck with bags. She again calls over "Well? just what is that supposed to mean?" I took a deep breath and calmly stated that "The Clinton Administrations track record on individual freedom and liberty is terrible, especially when it comes to the rights of law abiding gun owners". She says pretty nastily "your full of sh**". I replied that "I may be full of it, but I'm not the one verbally attacking a total stranger, cursing in front of children (my daughter about 5 at the time was with me) because you see a bumper sticker you don't like". She absolutely exploded! Jumped in her car slammed the door and squeeled wheels out of there! If looks could kill I'd be dead. An older couple walked by having heard everything, the wife leaned over to her hubby and said "what a nasty bi***". That comment alone made my day, I was starting to self critique and replay the situation in my head to see how well I handled things making sure my tone never got out of hand when she said it.

I remember this encounter vividly because I'm usually a hot-head and blow my top pretty easy. It took me great effort once the adrenaline started pumping to keep my cool and stay rational.

This is how you beat them, remain calm, be rational, state some facts and non-challantly prod them into becoming unglued and making themselves look like a nut!!

mcneill
July 2, 2003, 05:47 PM
-- Ian Sean --- Good for you!

-----------------

We just returned from a trip to visit my wife's family in the high mountains of southwestern Virginia. Her brother has a bumper sticker on his old wreck of a pick up. "I'd rather be shooting Yankees"

On the way back home our 12-yr old daughter said, "Uncle Chris is a red-neck isn't he?"

Not gun related. Saw one yesterday, "Yes, this is my truck. No, I won't help you move."

Jim

MicroBalrog
July 2, 2003, 05:53 PM
"I'm not the one verbally attacking a total stranger, cursing in front of children (my daughter about 5 at the time was with me) because you see a bumper sticker you don't like".

As a liberal democrat, I must ask, why the Feinstein are these Soccer-Moms calling themselves liberal?

Second thought: That was one of those moments when you think : "I wish I had a Solothurn".:evil:

Chairman Meow
July 2, 2003, 05:59 PM
Right in the middle of the back window:

"I WILL KILL YOU"

No other bumper stickers.

freeride21a
July 3, 2003, 03:34 AM
i got some of the things mentioned here, but i can add everythign else too lol.

http://www.cafeshops.com/000buckwear

buford1
July 3, 2003, 05:41 AM
Mine is MY CHILDREN CAN FIELD STRIP A M-16

swingset
July 3, 2003, 06:29 AM
I think gun bumper stickers are just inviting criminals to shoot you first

Look at it from Joe Badguy's POV: You're in a parking lot casing cars. You see 2 prospective cars. 1 is a nice late model sedan, clean cut guy behind wheel, looks like he might have some money, no bumper stickers.

2 is a pickup truck. Guy driving looks just like guy from car 1, with the exception of an NRA sticker and a "Keep Honking, I'm reloading" on the back window.

Which guy you gonna rob?

rperry03
July 3, 2003, 07:50 AM
MY CHILDREN CAN FIELD STRIP A M-16

See now that is cool! I wish I could find one that has Glock.

Which guy you gonna rob?

It's not going to be the pickup truck.

redneck2
July 3, 2003, 07:55 AM
'nuther good 'un

"Honk if you've never heard an Uzi fired from a car window"

Khornet
July 3, 2003, 08:21 AM
Honk if you want to see my finger

Skunkabilly
July 3, 2003, 08:28 AM
"MY CHILD IS AN HONOR STUDENT AT GUNSITE"
"MY CHILD IS AN HONOR STUDENT AT THUNDER RANCH"

And of course, Calvin peeing on the Glock :D

simon
July 3, 2003, 10:44 AM
HORN DOESN'T WORK
WATCH FOR FINGER

dav
July 3, 2003, 11:00 AM
redneck2 wrote:
Honk if you've never heard an Uzi fired from a car windowI've seen almost all of these at one time or another... but this is the first time I've seen this one. Laughed out loud.

MicroBalrog wrote:
As a liberal democrat, I must ask, why the Feinstein are these Soccer-Moms calling themselves liberal?I really look forward to the day when this is common... using the name of these <expletive deleted> politicians and assorted idiots names in place of common swear words. So totally appropriate. Thanks MicroBalrog!

For those who are worried about making themselves a target by saying gun related stuff. Get real. You are *NOT* the center of the universe. If you are funny, people will appreciate it. If you are not, you will be ignored. Who cares if you carry concealed? We don't. Bad guys don't. Cops don't, until it interferes with their work. Lighten up and *try* to get just a little pleasure out of life, okay?

CZ-100
July 3, 2003, 11:14 AM
Come any closer, and I'll flick a booger on your windshield.

meathammer
July 3, 2003, 12:00 PM
Not a bumper sticker, but I saw a T-shirt that read, "Honk if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley." Cracked me up. :D

Orion
July 3, 2003, 01:36 PM
Best thing to have a a T when riding a Harley? "If you can read this the Bitch fell off!"

Best gun bumper Sticker I've ever seen was a S&W logo with the words, "???? better NOT happen"

A play on the "???? Happens" bumper sticker.

JohnBT
July 3, 2003, 01:57 PM
I was headed to the range last Friday and saw the following on the bumper of a car driven by a redhead. JT

If you're going to ride my tail
You'd better be pulling my hair

Hardtarget
July 3, 2003, 11:14 PM
I have never put bumper stickres on my truck or car even though I've seen many I liked. I saw one not long ago that struck me funny:
I can't go to work... The voices said stay home and clean the rifles.
Mark.

sm
July 3, 2003, 11:50 PM
" I can do it 25 times in 8 positions" (skeet)
"I did the above 4 times in a row" (skeet)
"I did the above 4 times in a row with 4 different beauties"( skeet)

" 1911 was a very good year" :D

My brother has the T shirt and bumper sticker that says:

" I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to do"

(he had the shirt on the other day...2 hours later he had written a check for the wife a new Tahoe)

MarkDido
July 4, 2003, 12:07 AM
I used to have this bumper sticker on the saddle-tank cover of my truck when I was an over the road truck driver:

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche
"Nietzsche Is Dead" - God

Some people read it and laughed, but most people just looked puzzled
:)

Skunkabilly
July 4, 2003, 12:30 AM
"I only want five Wilson CQBs." --Daniel Flory

Feanaro
July 4, 2003, 01:23 AM
Here's one I liked.

"Don't rob me unless you need practice, I'm broke." :D

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
July 4, 2003, 01:40 AM
I had one on my car years ago ...'The ones with the guns are in charge'....Dan Rather, Tianamen Square"

and "Everyone should be required to own a gun and know how to use it".
That one got the most thumbs-up.

Latest one that isn't affixed yet, from CTD's retail store last month-
"Welcome to America- now either speak English or leave".

It does help that I can translate it into several languages if needed.

Regards,
Rabbit.

Overheard at a South Dallas McDonalds- "Dos hamburgesas, baybee"

arinvolvo
July 4, 2003, 05:15 AM
Ive always wanted a shooting had that says: "which end does the bullet come out of again?"

One episode of the Simpsons, the crazy texan pistol dueling guy had a bumper sticker on his RV that said "I (heart) dueling"....I thought that was funny, but no one would ever get it.

TNT
July 4, 2003, 10:39 AM
Calvin pissing on "gun control":D

Zach S
July 4, 2003, 10:56 PM
Best thing to have a a T when riding a Harley? "If you can read this the Bitch fell off!" I saw one woman at a rally wearing a shirt that said "If you can read this, the bastard fell off"

Mordwyn
July 5, 2003, 12:36 AM
"So, your kid is an honor student at a Government school......
And this impresses me how?!?

I do like Skunks though :)

Jim March
July 5, 2003, 01:34 PM
The funniest I've seen was on the oil tank (side) of an old, beat up Harley:

"Practice Random Senseless Acts"

:D

Runner up:

"My brat got your honor student preggers"

TallPine
July 5, 2003, 01:50 PM
It does help that I can translate it into several languages if needed.

Sign language helps, too :D

TimH
July 5, 2003, 02:13 PM
Well mine wan't really gun realted. I had one of those "Calvin pee on" stickers . His target was "Hillary" Unfortunately I work alot at colleges & universities where she is considered the smartest woman alive so I took it off for fear of losing business. It was amazing the reactions to the sticker. I've had people shake my hand and others tell me how disrespectful it was.

chas_martel
July 6, 2003, 06:36 PM
I thought I was seeing things when I saw that one. On a car with an 20 something young "lady" at the wheel.

Billll
July 6, 2003, 08:19 PM
Limit terms:
Declare politicians a game species.

telomerase
July 6, 2003, 08:27 PM
"186,000 miles per second. Not just a good idea: it's the law"

Skunkabilly
July 6, 2003, 08:45 PM
Practice random senseless acts of tacticality.

Think strategically, act tactically.

My caliber, my choice

My girl said she'd leave me if I bought any more carbon fiber. Sure gonna miss that girl.

My other auto is an MP5.

TerrierSandhawk
July 6, 2003, 09:25 PM
To paraphrase Gunnery Sgt. Ermy (sp)

"It's ONE nation under GOD, don't like it, leave

T/S

Mastrogiacomo
July 6, 2003, 09:48 PM
Heard of a cute one in Braille that read "If you can read this you're too close." :D

clange
July 6, 2003, 10:26 PM
"Nuke gay whales for jesus"

FallenAngelAR
July 6, 2003, 10:27 PM
More Sticker happiness

My President is Charlton Heston
I dont suffer from insantiy...I enjoy every minute :D
Evil Triumphs when good men do nothing

and of course

Bush/Cheney '04

Dylan

Zach S
July 7, 2003, 02:38 AM
My other auto is an MP5 I got to play with one at the range today, very fun:D

swingset
July 7, 2003, 05:37 AM
I saw a guy the other day at a local store (out in the country) with one on his truck that said "Have you hugged your ni**er today??".

I couldn't believe I saw that. I had to look twice to make sure I was actually seeing it. Some cajones. That's the kind of thing that will get you killed. Whatever.

ElToro
July 7, 2003, 10:59 AM
Legalize Freedom

KFD147
July 7, 2003, 11:42 PM
I CAN BE ONE OF THOSE BAD THINGS THAT HAPPENS TO BAD PEOPLE!:D

My father has this on his vehicle.

Thanks
Jason:cool:

mormonsniper
July 8, 2003, 12:52 PM
"Rugby players eat their dead."

Maddogkiller
July 20, 2003, 06:06 AM
Not gun related, but still funny. I was riding my Harley on the freeway when I came upon a 1970 Chevy P/U that had seen better days. The front right fender was flapping in the breeze, rust all over, smokin like a tar kettle, and the driver side was covered with tobacco spit. The sticker in the back window read " My other car is a piece of sh*t too"

Rock45
July 20, 2003, 08:39 AM
A very small sticker on the center of the bars on my motorcycle...

IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE AS MUCH AS I VALUE THIS BIKE,

DON'T F**K WITH IT!

XLMiguel
July 20, 2003, 11:27 AM
"Nuke the Unborn Baby Gay Colored Whales for Jesus" - annoys just about everyone.

For NYers: "Too Dumb to Leave Him, but Smart Enough to Govern You?"

"Better a gun in Hand than a Cop on the Phone"

Pointman
July 20, 2003, 01:13 PM
Smith & Wesson: The Original Point-and-Click Interface

Salmon: The Other Pink Meat

Coronach
July 20, 2003, 01:27 PM
Look at it from Joe Badguy's POV: You're in a parking lot casing cars. You see 2 prospective cars. 1 is a nice late model sedan, clean cut guy behind wheel, looks like he might have some money, no bumper stickers.

2 is a pickup truck. Guy driving looks just like guy from car 1, with the exception of an NRA sticker and a "Keep Honking, I'm reloading" on the back window.

Which guy you gonna rob?I know which one I'd rob, assuming I were a bad guy.

However, if I'm into smashing windows and trying to get at the contents of the vehicle while the (possibly armed) owner is safely in the supermarket, which one would I consider more heavily, eh?

Just a thought.

Mike

p35
July 20, 2003, 07:02 PM
A couple that stuck in my mind:

SUPPORT TED KENNEDY- DROWN YOUR GIRLFRIEND

SPOTTED OWLS TASTE LIKE CHICKEN (local reference)

this cracked me up for the first time in a long time:
WILL WORK FOR FOOD-
WILL BEG FOR SEX!

Could I see the hands of everyone who's had their car broken into?
Could I see the hands of everyone who's pulled a gun in self defense?

That's why I don't advertise my gun. I used to have a "darwin fish"- one of those little silver fish outlines like some Christians put on their cars, except this one has feet and says "Darwin" in the center- but they got so popular around here that I felt like I was in a herd.

spartacus2002
July 20, 2003, 07:07 PM
"I (heart) my homeland defense rifle" under a silhouette of an FAL.

Of course, my favorite scratch-yer-head one is "Gay Nazis for Christ"

farranger
July 20, 2003, 07:10 PM
Had my car broken into 3 times now, so I advertise NOTHING anymore, don't do gun stickers... no car audio speakers...heck even took off my K&N sticker, they attract too much attention... my favorite sticker was one i had on a pervious car, if only i could find it agian. "I have the body of a God...Buddha"

TimH
July 20, 2003, 10:21 PM
Mike in VA...I love the NYer one

sp5 The Kennedy one & the spotted owl one are good too

Edward429451
July 20, 2003, 11:01 PM

Which guy you gonna rob?

I know which one I'd rob, assuming I were a bad guy.

However, if I'm into smashing windows and trying to get at the contents of the vehicle while the (possibly armed) owner is safely in the supermarket, which one would I consider more heavily, eh?

Not only that but another scenario:
Car 1 late model sedan and car 2 Pickup truck with the I'm reloading sticker on it go through the pink light at the same time in front of cop. Who's the cop going to pull over?
Bumper stickers can be neet and expensive.

DrPsycho
July 21, 2003, 03:55 AM
Protection by the Mafia.

Legionnaire
July 21, 2003, 09:44 PM
Seen near the Chesapeake: "Pave the Bay!"

chetrogers
July 21, 2003, 11:51 PM
:)

six 4 sure
July 22, 2003, 02:10 AM
Before I busted the back glass out of my Blazer the two sticker I had were

"EARTH FIRST we'll mine the rest of the planets later"
"Strip Mining Prevents Forest Fires"

Neither seemed to upset anyone while I was in rural Nevada. I'm sure it would upset a few now that I'm back in grad school.

six

Legionnaire
July 22, 2003, 09:34 AM
My favorite T-shirt, especially for range outings:

"If you die, we split your gear."

If you enjoyed reading about "Bumper Snickers ..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!