Went to the range today

PDA

Guitargod1985
July 15, 2007, 07:01 PM
I went to the range today and shot my 3 handguns (sadly, yes, I only have three). Here's a couple pics of the targets for my Springfield XD .45 and HK USPc (.40). Both were shot at 15 yards. If anyone has any feedback on how to improve my groupings, I would appreciate it. :) Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Went to the range today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
spartan55
July 15, 2007, 07:13 PM
Sight alignment/picture,
trigger squeeze,
grip.
Most important practice, practice and more practice.

Walkalong
July 15, 2007, 07:55 PM
practice, practice and more practice

and be sure to remember to have fun doing it. :)

Guitargod1985
July 15, 2007, 08:01 PM
That, my friend, never fails. :)

CountGlockula
July 16, 2007, 02:41 PM
Looks like you're more accurate with the XD than the Hk.

JDGray
July 17, 2007, 06:09 AM
Looks like a couple dead BGs to me!

Guitargod1985
July 17, 2007, 07:03 AM
Yeah, but my thinking is that I need to improve my groups so that under stress I can still manage to shoot like this. But what I REALLY need to practice with is that damn snubby I just purchased. That thing is (for me) suprisingly difficult to shoot. I'm going to practice every week with it until I become acceptably accurate.

10-Ring
July 17, 2007, 08:46 AM
There is no shortcut for practice! It's about building muscle memory so you really can't cheat your way there ;)

Mad Magyar
July 17, 2007, 08:56 AM
Nice shooting...All my targets have the K-Zone outlined...I pick my spots...
BTW, I like your pistols....:)

JDGray
July 17, 2007, 09:27 AM
My local indoor shooting range, has a combat handgun qualification, funner than just punching paper. The course has a little bit of everything in it, all timed & scored. One handed shooting, behind cover, reloads, shooting while moving. About 900 rds to complete(If you can), but you know your weak points when your done. Good practice for winter months. IDPA would be fun!:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Went to the range today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!