I took the plunge and started reloading again after 16 years off

PDA

HighVelocity
July 16, 2007, 06:29 PM
Found a good deal on a Square Deal B with 9mm and 45acp setups so I took the plunge. I've been experimenting with the load for a few days and have come up with what I think works well for me.

124gr Berry's plated round nose bullet, CCI500 small pistol primer and 4.0 gr's of Bullseye. OAL 1.150", crimp .376.

I went with Bullseye because I am familiar with it and had good results with it when I reloaded in the late 80's early 90's with an old Rockchucker. CCI primers were the cheapest thing I could get at the moment and the Berry's bullets seem like a bargain.

Glock 34, at 77 degrees (indoor range), 5 shot avg 1067 fps. No smoke, no perceptible muzzle flash no signs of pressure and dead on point of aim at 15 yards. I am happy with the results thus far. Now I just need to find the cheapest source for bullets, primers and powder.

Now making noise for less,
Gary

If you enjoyed reading about "I took the plunge and started reloading again after 16 years off" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
flynlr
July 17, 2007, 03:44 AM
+1 on the berry's The rainier plated are also very nice.
powder valley has some great deals and will combine powder and primers in the same shipment for 1 hazmat fee.

If you enjoyed reading about "I took the plunge and started reloading again after 16 years off" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!