Smith & Wesson 40VE Trigger Pull

PDA

kickert318
July 17, 2007, 01:42 AM
I have a Smith 40VE and I like everything about it accept for the trigger pull. I do not know exactly how many pounds it is but it feels like approx 8 and it is SLOPPY.

Does anyone know where I can get an aftermarket trigger spring or anything else that can help?

If you enjoyed reading about "Smith & Wesson 40VE Trigger Pull" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kickert318
July 17, 2007, 04:54 AM
Any help at all guys? I realize that it is not the greatest gun in the world but I carry a Glock 35 with a 3.5# pull on-duty and I love it. Is there anyway to even get it close to that?

bob7398
July 17, 2007, 08:42 AM
hi kickert,
i have the 9VE and it took me a couple of months to work up the nerve to take the sear assy out and polish it....turned out to be easier than i expected! anyway, to see what i'm talking about, take the slide off and then push down on the trigger bar and pull the trigger.....with the bar not engaging the sear assy, my trigger was nice and smooth.....now, remove the sear assy (i used the flat end of a drill bit). with it removed, you can see how it slides up and down. now remove the pins, don't let the springs fly!!! i then took 800 grit sandpaper with rem oil and sanded at least 75-80 strokes (where metal to metal contact)....then i moved to 1200 grit sandpaper and did the same....lastly, i used a dremmel with polishing compound to get a mirror like finish. i reassembled using a gun grease, kept all the springs in their place.....its like a different gun now!!! made a big difference!
lots of info at www.smith-wessonforum.com
hope this helps!!

kickert318
July 18, 2007, 02:50 PM
Thanks, I'm gonna give that a try.

bhhacker
July 18, 2007, 06:53 PM
that sigma trigger pull is pretty horrible. I asked a guy at the gunrange if there was anything I could do to make the trigger better. He said he knew of a few people who did something with it, but all it really did was make the firing pin hit less hard and they had a lot of misfires. I sold mine and bought a springfield 1911 GI and im happy with that :)

FieroCDSP
July 18, 2007, 07:04 PM
Polishing the sear is the best thing to do, since it doesn't affect the striker at all. You might also do the same thing to the striker where it meets the sear. I think (don't quote me) that Wolff makes a trigger spring for it that is 8lb pull. The factory is 12lb, I think.

hankrearden2000
July 23, 2007, 04:09 AM
The pull is about 11 lbs. I think. Wolfe makes a striker spring that will reduce it to about 8 lbs. I did that with mine and it's been 100% reliable so far.

If you enjoyed reading about "Smith & Wesson 40VE Trigger Pull" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!