Dupont Teflon Dry, Wax Lubricant.

PDA

flounder22
July 19, 2007, 01:34 AM
Just wanted to know if any of you guys or gals have ever used this stuff on you auto loaders. I proudly carry a Kel-Tec P-3AT 24/7 and they really like oil and grease. A very knowledgable member on another forum states that he uses Dupont Teflon Multi-Use Dry, Wax Lubricant in place of any oil and grease and has done so for quite a long time and is very happy with the way it works. Anyone here on the Road ever use it? I got some today, going to apply it tomorrow, but just wanted to get some feedback from some of you that might have used it. Thanks, Karl. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Dupont Teflon Dry, Wax Lubricant." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wally
July 19, 2007, 08:07 AM
I use it on my .22 pistols and its great, not forming the gritty mud I used to get with Break-Free. I'd not recommend it for cold weather though. It doesn't get very cold here, but a few times I've shot with temps in the 40's my MKII was very sluggish cycling the first few shots until it warmed up. I've used it on some 1911s too with good results.

--wally.

flounder22
July 19, 2007, 02:29 PM
Thanks wally. Anybody else out there?

CWL
July 19, 2007, 03:27 PM
I use this on some of my guns and lockback knives and have never noticed any problems.

Jason_G
July 19, 2007, 07:26 PM
Better than the wax stuff (IMHO, anyway):
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=124699-39963-D00100101
Good for internals, and it comes off clean with solvent. My guns like it. Nice and slick. The blue can stuff is pretty good too, but not as slick IMO.

Jason

If you enjoyed reading about "Dupont Teflon Dry, Wax Lubricant." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!