M95 Bolt

PDA

JediJJJ
July 19, 2007, 07:04 AM
I recently purchased a M95/34. Took me a while to get the bolt open. Knew it ws straight pull but it took two hands to finally break it free. Trying to remove it for cleaning but pulling the trigger doesn't let it come out, it still gets hung up. Any ideas on how I can remove it for cleaning.

If you enjoyed reading about "M95 Bolt" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PTK
July 19, 2007, 07:15 AM
The trigger must be pushed forward for the bolt to be removed.

JediJJJ
July 19, 2007, 10:57 AM
You know, If I'd taken the time to check my SurplusRifle CD I wouldn't look so stupid right now. One day I'll learn.

Thanks for the reply.

JJJ

Spiggy
July 19, 2007, 02:57 PM
dont forget that once you take it out, the bolt head might try to lock itself, where as which you'll have to fight it back into position to get the bolt back into the gun

Cosmoline
July 19, 2007, 03:01 PM
It's known as Romanian finger wrestling.

cracked butt
July 19, 2007, 11:33 PM
dont forget that once you take it out, the bolt head might try to lock itself, where as which you'll have to fight it back into position to get the bolt back into the gun

I absolutely hate the m95 bolt design. I use the edge of my workbench to hook a locking lug onto, then applying roughly 700lbs of downward pressure on it, I try to twist it back into position all the while being careful not slip and maim or otherwise permanantly disfigure myself with the bolt.

The only thing the M95 bolt is good for is to help you appreciate the Swiss K-31 design. Even my 4 year old son can assemble/disassemble that one with the exception of the firing pin.

JediJJJ
July 20, 2007, 08:12 AM
Well, I got the bolt out. Amazing how things work when you read the directions. :banghead:

There is semi liquid cosmoline oozing out of it and some dried on visible surfaces, so I guess I'll have to take it apart at least once to give it a thorough cleaning. Starting finger exercises now. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "M95 Bolt" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!