My first FTF

PDA

harbinger_j
July 20, 2007, 03:54 PM
I am a new loader and I just had my first FTF.
I shoot 40S&W out of a HK USP.

I just took a pistol class so I loaded up 100 extra rounds so I wouldn't run out.
However when I was shooting I came to about 6-7 FTF where I pulled the trigger again and they fired fine.
Conveniently I was having my wife help me with these rounds and I think that she didn't press the primers in all the way causing the Failures which worked on the second pull. I was using CCI primers and had no problems except with these loads.

Do you think the FTF was caused by the primers not fully seated?

If you enjoyed reading about "My first FTF" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Steve C
July 20, 2007, 04:38 PM
Do you think the FTF was caused by the primers not fully seated?

Almost always is the reason, esp. when the fire on the 2nd hit since the first pushes them into the bottom of the pocket.

The Bushmaster
July 20, 2007, 04:43 PM
Almost always what Steve C said...SEAT them primers. Contrary to popular belief they will not go pop with a bit of seating pressure...SO push them into the pocket with a little more presure...

If you enjoyed reading about "My first FTF" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!