Winchester 1895

PDA

Nolo
July 20, 2007, 05:42 PM
Does anyone have any idea how to get new or good condition old Winchester 1895 Saddle-Ring Carbines? I know that Winchester was offering sometime at the earlier part of the decade, but I can't find anything else. I really love the rifle, and I love the idea of packing 5 .30-06s in a lever-action. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester 1895" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
oneshooter
July 20, 2007, 06:09 PM
Gander Mountain here in west Houston had two in the used rack last week. You DON'T want to know the price!

$1595, each

Oneshooter
Livin in Texas

Strongbad
July 20, 2007, 06:33 PM
Check Gunsamerica.com and possibly Gunbroker.com however I usually see more on Gunsamerica and they're priced much better than retail typically. I picked up my 1895 in 405 WCF on Gunsamerica a few years ago for $795. In all of the shops they were $1100 and up.

Nolo
July 20, 2007, 06:36 PM
Yeah, they're pricey suckers...
But I still want one.
I love it. Typical Browning awesomeness.

bigmedicine
July 20, 2007, 07:03 PM
Nolo,
You have good taste! Great rifle, great cartridge to match. I caught mine in a private sale - most are running ~$1200+ on the online auction places. I still think your best bet is to cruise for sale ads.

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester 1895" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!