AR30M/.338L/Blackhills 300gr. sierra

PDA

gunnie
July 20, 2007, 08:04 PM
four part inquiry....

1...has anyone out there chrono'd blackhills 300gr sierra BT through an AR30M in .338 Lapua? if so, what was muz-vel from same?

2...what powder, in grains and primer would come close this excellent loading?

3...i am unable to decide between getting the RCBS gold medal match series full length/neck sizer sets, or trying to have some custom made to a chamber mold...any thoughts on the pros and cons of these options?

4...any other input or suggestions, except changing bullet weight?

i am amazed how well this thing printed when dialing in the glass with the balckhills ammo from a bbl that hasn't even been broken in yet. i am equally amazed at the 33% jump in price since i bought the first 100 rounds. gotta start rolling my own or sell the house.

gunnie

If you enjoyed reading about "AR30M/.338L/Blackhills 300gr. sierra" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zak Smith
July 20, 2007, 09:55 PM
For the 300's, most people seem to be having luck with RL-25. I have also had good luck with Retumbo. Depending on your barrel and chamber, 2650-2800 is the right range.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR30M/.338L/Blackhills 300gr. sierra" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!