Eastern Arms Shotgun Questions

PDA

ARGarrison
January 8, 2003, 04:36 PM
My grandfarther left me one shotgun. It is a single shot, break action with "EASTERN ARMS COMPANY" on the left side frame; a small circle with 21 in it on the right side frrame; "PROOF TESTED 12 GUAGE" left side of barrel; "SELECTED FRORGED STEEL" right side barrel. The shotgun has a tang mounted action opener and an exposde hammer. Barrel is 30 inches long.

Where was Eastern Arms Company located?
What years did they make firearms?
With out a photo any idea on a price?
Any other infromation is welcome.

If you enjoyed reading about "Eastern Arms Shotgun Questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jagermeister
January 8, 2003, 05:22 PM
ARGarrison:
Eastern Arms is a trade name used by Iver Johnson on shotguns and other firearms made for Sears & Roebuck of Chicago in the 20'30's. There is a term used for these guns, and that is, "Hardware Gun." Made by a major mfg for a hardware store, and individual or a special distributor.

Your shotgun is not of much collector value, and just as a guess around $75.00 would be top dollar. Course now that depends on what part of the country, and possibly a little more for an Iver Johnson collector.

JM

ARGarrison
January 9, 2003, 02:39 PM
I've tried in the past to track down Eastern Arms, but to no avail. Always figured it was a small manufaturer. The years you listed is what I had figured, but wasn't sure. Figured it was bought in late twenties or very early thirties. When or just after he was living in Chicago. I also figured it never cost to much in the first place. Money was tight in thoughs days.

Thank you.

If you enjoyed reading about "Eastern Arms Shotgun Questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!