First time to the range with my M&P15A

PDA

txgolfer45
July 21, 2007, 10:31 PM
Ran 60 rounds of Monarch .223 Rem (made in Serbia) Soft tip through it. No malfunctions! I used the magazine that came with it and a D&H 30 rounder from Northwest Tactical. I shot it at 50 yds with the iron sights (BUIS rear). With these 51 yr old eyes and iron sights, I had about a 3 inch grouping. - which is definitely good enough for hunting and self defense.

I'm definitely going to like shooting this new acquisition. I'll probably put a dot scope on it before this Fall. I may also get some 20 round magazines for bench shooting.

S&W has a winner with the M&P15!

If you enjoyed reading about "First time to the range with my M&P15A" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MassMark
July 22, 2007, 09:31 AM
I know it's just "another AR" and I know it's made by Stag, but I really like the looks of that M&P. Sounds like you got yourself a nice rifle - congrats!

txgolfer45
July 22, 2007, 09:50 AM
Thanks! Yeah, I hear it has a Stag lower. Not sure about the upper. I hear the barrel comes from Wilson Combat and the BUIS from Troy Industries. I may build my next one. But, for the first, the M&P15A fits my needs. Quality build, quality components and functionally sound.

dakotasin
July 22, 2007, 10:02 AM
you know, i really like the looks of the m&p15 - i think its a good one. congrats on the rifle, and may it bring a smile to your face every week!

shooter503
July 22, 2007, 10:21 AM
Shot the 15T recently and hope to get two for training. Loved everything about it except the cost of the Trijicon (sp?) optics.

MassMark
July 22, 2007, 10:26 AM
Yes, the BUIS are made right here in Massachusetts by Troy. I'm going to be adding the Troy BUIS to my SOCOM as soon as time and money allow. I like the looks and feel of the M&P and would love to have one for the range.

maclean
September 2, 2007, 09:29 AM
I just put an M&P15 on layaway two days ago, my first AR as well. I was looking for an M4A3 style set up and the S&W was closest to the features I wanted (A3 carry handle/sights, telescopic stock, etc).

When I walked in I already had a Century WASR-10 on layaway but had been debating swapping it out for an AR anyway. I've bought enough from my local shop that they shave a few bucks off here and there and have the best layaway plan I've come across. Once I shouldered the M&P is was pretty much a done deal, can't wait to pay it off and get it to the range.
Jack

LiquidTension
September 2, 2007, 03:33 PM
I've put several hundred rounds through my M&P15 with no malfunctions. That's including at least 300 with a suppressor on it, which really fouls the action up. I'm glad I jumped on it when I could get it for $868.

Rokman
September 3, 2007, 11:21 AM
The M&P AR's get great reviews. I wish you many years of fun with your new rifle.

browningguy
September 3, 2007, 03:30 PM
Congrat on the new rifle, sounds like your eyes are catvhing up with mine. I've gone to red dots and scopes on all my AR's. I just got one of the 2x red dots from Truglo and so far I really like it, just enough magnification to help me out.

If you enjoyed reading about "First time to the range with my M&P15A" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!