newbie to reloading need advise

PDA

poker2112
July 21, 2007, 10:37 PM
im looking into reloading my own ammo (223,40cal,&12g).......... what equipment do i need to get started with.....which brands are good ..... but im on a budget so i cant spend alot..........thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "newbie to reloading need advise" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SASS#23149
July 21, 2007, 10:59 PM
read the sticky at the top of this page...near the top anyway...
and them come back with questins.
if you are going to reload shotugn for economy,i'ts very hard to save money on ti anymore...lead shot has gone thru the roof,pricewise.
Yo can still save a lot on center fire ammo though.Especiallyh if you shoot cast lead bullets.

Smokey Joe
July 22, 2007, 05:06 PM
Poker2112--SASS has about nailed it on equipment. In any new endeavor, thought, what you really need first is knowledge.

So your first purchase oughta be The Standard Textbook about the endeavor in question. For reloading, this is The ABC's of Reloading put out by Krause Publishing www.krause.com

Pick it up @ yr local sptg gds sto, gun sho, the I'net, or order from the publisher. It covers ALL the basics of reloading, and goes on to cover quite a bit more. Something for every reloader. Belongs on every reloader's bookshelf, well thumbed, IMHO.

Once you understand the basics, you'll be in a much better position to make a list of (a) the stuff I MUST have just to begin, (b) the stuff I want in addition to (a), and (c) the stuff I can put off buying until later on.

Good luck, and welcome to The Magnificent Obsession--Reloading! :)

DWARREN123
July 22, 2007, 11:42 PM
Pick up a manual. I would suggest "The ABC's of reloading". Basically tells you what you need and how to use it.

If you enjoyed reading about "newbie to reloading need advise" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!