Wal Marts Selling Guns Again.

PDA

Big Daddy K
July 22, 2007, 06:13 PM
At least in NE Texas. They were gone and now they are back.:what:

If you enjoyed reading about "Wal Marts Selling Guns Again." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bazooka Joe71
July 22, 2007, 06:45 PM
Well, when they quit selling them, they shipped all of them to stores that had the top %'s in gun sales and sold them there...If your walmart was one of the best sellers, they might have ran out, and they just got some more in from other stores.

Tob
July 22, 2007, 06:46 PM
SE Louisiana WalMarts have always carried rifles and shotguns, not pistols though.

Titan6
July 22, 2007, 06:54 PM
Texas Walmarts did not have a lic for a little while and had to suspend sales.

Bruce333
July 22, 2007, 07:00 PM
I seem to recall a post saying the Texas Wal Marts had not renewed their Texas delaer license, and when they did get it renewed that gun sales would resume.

Can't find it...

Alphazulu6
July 22, 2007, 07:09 PM
I seem to recall a post saying the Texas Wal Marts had not renewed their Texas delaer license, and when they did get it renewed that gun sales would resume.

I was in Texas a couple weeks ago and the Walmart in Dallas I walked up to the sporting goods cashier (I was just pricing ammo price differences than here) and he said "arent you the guy who wants the 10/22?" I said no and he said, "good because we just got a call 15 minutes ago to pull all of our guns from the shelves".

I thought it was a bit odd but figured that they could have been under some type of ATF investigation or whatever as the Asst. Store Manager didnt know why either. I guess I know now that their license had expired. Haha.

BlkHawk73
July 22, 2007, 07:10 PM
I'd still shop at the local gun shop and support him rather than Walmart. To them you're just a number.

Will they be able to help you later on should a problem arise?

Can the clerk give first hand, oh heck, ANY knowledge on the products?

No and No. I'll glady spend a bit more and shop at the local shop. I'm not that cheap. :p

BlkHawk73
July 22, 2007, 07:11 PM
I'd still shop at the local gun shop and support him rather than Walmart. To them you're just a number.

No and No. I'll glady spend a bit more and shop at the local shop. I'm not that cheap. :p

CDignition
July 22, 2007, 07:17 PM
I just bought a 10/22 at a walmart here today..what a freakin pain...

Price was good(182 Bucks) but they charge you for the Background check first,. then have you fill out the 4473. After thats all done, the guy has to go get the manager..I don't know why...this took about 1/2 hour..standing and waiting...they go over the paperwork, then check everything 3 times...then when you're done and paid,. they carry the gun for you to the front door...Stupidity.

Little did they know I had a fully stacked P7 in my fanny pack..dopes.

Roadwild17
July 22, 2007, 07:44 PM
I stopped relying on wally world when they moved all of the ammo behind the desk where there is never anyone with a key. I was nice to stop in at 9pm to help yourself to a few extra boxes for that late night range trip, but now they stop selling at like 7. However if Im in there (I there about once a month) will head to the ammo area and see if they have any deals.

Alphazulu6
July 22, 2007, 07:55 PM
However if Im in there (I there about once a month) will head to the ammo area and see if they have any deals.

Walmart had the cheapest ammo around about seven years ago. Now they are actually more expensive than some of your local gun stores. To me, there is no reason to shop firearms at Walmart... though we are drawn to deals....... so of course we all *look*. Haha.

Big Daddy K
July 22, 2007, 08:09 PM

No and No. I'll glady spend a bit more and shop at the local shop. I'm not that cheap

I would too if the local shops didnt try and screw ya outa every penny ya have.
I shop everywhere for the best deal and the best people. Every shop within 20 miles of my house seem to be in compition on who can get take their cutomers to the cleaners first.

dogtown tom
July 22, 2007, 08:15 PM
Why does everyone get so caught up in the "Wal Mart vs Local Gun Store War"?

I'm no great fan of Wal Mart, but I just don't understand how anyone could benefit from another retailer getting out of the gun business.

Why, on God's green earth would you celebrate one LESS place to buy a gun or ammunition?

Anyone remember when JC Penny, Dillards, Sears, Montgomery Ward, K Mart, every local hardware store and the like sold guns? Not to mention all the places you could buy ammunition. I do, and I'm only fifty years old.

Anyone remember when you could buy guns out of the back of the AMERICAN RIFLEMAN ? AND THEY WOULD MAIL THEM TO YOUR DOOR!

What effect did mail order, JC Penney, Dillards and K Mart have on your local gun dealer back then? Back then BEFORE Wal Mart?

I buy my ammo from Academy and Wal Mart because it's cheaper. Buy a box of the cheapest 9mm at Academy its about $6.00, at my local gun store it's $16.00. The folks at my local gun store are no more deserving than the employees at Wal Mart for my dollar. And while argueably not as knowledgeable about ammo and guns, those Wal Mart's are open 24/7. Try your local gun store at 9pm- they're not open.

Knowlegable staff at the local gun store vs Wal Mart staff? I'll go with Wal Mart because the clerk has no incentive to LIE. My local gunstores all have at least one clerk who is a complete idiot. I DO MY OWN RESEARCH before making a gun purchase, same with buying a truck. If you have to rely on a SALESMAN for education or information you have SUCKER written on your forehead.

Hate Wal Mart all you want on general principles. But to think that WE THE PEOPLE will be better off if WM ain't selling guns is flat wrong.

Big Daddy K
July 22, 2007, 08:20 PM
Can I get an Amen to that my brotha!

Titan6
July 22, 2007, 08:35 PM
Dogtown- Sorry to bust your rant but some Kmarts still sell guns.

Alphazulu6- If you know of a source that sells Remington (or better) .308 for less than $.50/rd or WWB (or better) 9mm for less than $.16/ rd let me know where and I will buy straight away.

Troutman
July 22, 2007, 09:05 PM
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeszd6i/victory4.jpg

IA_farmboy
July 22, 2007, 09:17 PM
Perhaps this had something to do with OSHA threatening to classify ammunition as explosives. They may have been scared it just might happen and be unable to unload the merchandise for any where near what they paid for them.

Just a thought.

fearless leader
July 22, 2007, 09:21 PM
Walmart, at least here in Florida, is turning into anti-gunners.

I was working about 100 hours a week at the time, and I had to take something back to Wal-Mart, so I took the items with me for the day that I would need, and put them all in the Wal-Mart bag for ease of taking them to the car. I forgot to remove the vitamins and 2 speed strips of .38 Special from the bag.
After my 12 hour shift, I stopped off at Wal-Mart to do my return.
The door greeter asked if I was making a return, and I confirmed I was. She looked in the bag and saw the vitamins. "Oh, I forgot to take them out of the bag this morning." :eek:
Then she asked,"did you mean to bring these bullets in too?" I was embarrassed.:uhoh:
"No," I replied, standing there in my Security Uniform.
She told me that I could not bring them in the store and that she would have to hold them. (?):mad:
I showed her my permit, she wasn't impressed. I told her they don't fit anything you sell and I don't have the firearm on me. She didn't care.
"I'll lose my job if I let you in with these," she told me.
I was livid. Robberies occur there all of the time, but Wally World has enough money to keep it quiet.
I asked the manager why this was and she told me "For the safety of everyone in here, we don't want them in the store. Someone is liable to take it away from you an use it on you.":fire:
OK, now I am beyond livid! "How am I supposed to know you don't allow them in your store? You don't have any signs!" She said "I don't care if you know or not, we don't want'em in the store!" I left before I said things I would regret.:banghead:

When Rosie O'Donnell opened her yap and spoke for K-mart, most gun owners boycotted them. We did them serious economic harm:D. If you don't believe me, go to K-mart and try to by a computer. You can purchase one of the two guns they have, but one of the two is usually an air rifle. They cannot keep up with Wal-mart. I didn't spend one red cent in Walmart for a month, and bought Christmas presents elsewhere. I scarcely darken their door now.
I figure I spent about $5k a year, for about 15 years, usually wearing a Glock 20 in there, and now I'm the scum of the earth, I guess!
Since Wal-Mart is dominating all retail sales of everything China can muster, they forgot to be polite, I think. No more.
You can scarcely find a local gunsmith anymore, because they usually supplement their income selling some guns and ammo; difficult with Wal-Mart around. That's why I get in the Wal-Mart vs. Locals wars.
I think it's getting time for Wal-mart to get a serious "Come-uppins."

End of Sermon

Troutman
July 22, 2007, 09:59 PM
Confessions of a Wal-Mart Hit Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mQH9DloKD8&mode=related&search=

WAL-MART: The High Cost of Low Price

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiSmlmXp-aU&eurl=

The Lone Haranguer
July 22, 2007, 10:17 PM
For a while I thought the Wal-Marts here were pulling all their guns and ammunition. I was wrong - they were rearranging or, in some cases, renovating the sporting goods section. I have not yet seen any where you can't buy at least ammo, and some have a fair selection of rifles and shotguns, too. Even the online retailers cannot substantially - if at all - beat their prices when you consider the cost of shipping.

Mr White
July 22, 2007, 11:56 PM
Walmart is anti-gun. I read it on numerous threads here. The only reason they sell guns is so they can gather names and addresses of gun buyers to give to the feds when they finally ban guns and start coming door-to-door to confiscate them.
:D

Sorry, Walmart threads always end up with comments such as these just before they get closed. Maybe by making the requisite 'anti' comments in a humorous sarcastic way, this thread will live a little longer.

There are 3 Walmarts within 20 miles of me. One of them sells guns. All of them sell ammo and shooting supplies and I was surprised recently to find that 2 of them sell reloading supplies: RCBS kits, presses, dies, powder, bullets, primers, brass,... Their prices aren't great on most things but if I find any good deals, I'll jump on them.

fearless leader
July 23, 2007, 12:01 AM
I buy my ammo from Academy and Wal Mart because it's cheaper. Buy a box of the cheapest 9mm at Academy its about $6.00, at my local gun store it's $16.00.

I used to lament that it cost so much to feed my favorite Gold Cup. The man at my LOCAL GUNSHOP asked if I reloaded. "Nah, I don't shoot enough to justify the expense of reloading." He said that I could afford to shoot more if I was to reload. He was right. It took me a while to get the hang of it, but after a while, I don't honestly know which I liked more; shooting or reloading. I saved a lot of money, I burned a lot of powder.

Has the Evil Wal-Mart got any good deals on reloading stuff?

Where do you get the things Wal-Mart doesn't carry after the locals out of business?
Yes, I remember the days when I could go to any hardware, feed, farm supply, department, or variety store and buy a gun.

I used to live in Virginia where a man could still buy a six-pack, a bag of chips, a .44 Mag, and a box of cartridges at the local convenience store.

As long as they sell reloading supplies, I only spend $16 on a box of rounds if I choose to, not because I have to. Try to get a box of Gold dot from the Evil Wal-Mart. Here, they'll look at you like you're from Mars. They've never heard of them. My closest local gunsmith (about 50 miles away) says he doesn't carry ammo, since everyone goes to the Evil Wal-Mart for ammo.

Down here, the Evil Wal-Mart is teaming up with the Evil Chamber of Commerce to ban my 2nd Amendment rights when I come to anyone's store or business. They are attempting to make it so I can't even go to their businesses with the gun locked in MY CAR.

If you can shop at a store that will eventually subvert your intrests for a little break in price and feel good about it, enjoy.
I'll shop there occaisionally, but on very limited basis, and I won't feel good about it.

ArizonaTRex
July 23, 2007, 01:01 AM
I try to spread my money around town to support ALL the places that sell guns and ammo- Walmart included. The more businesses that carry firearms and supplies the better it is for all of us.
And Dogtown- I can remember buying ammo from the 7-11 stores- can you imagine any of the local stop and robs carrying ammunition today?:eek:

22-rimfire
July 23, 2007, 01:24 AM
If Walmart has what I want or need, I buy it. Sometimes it is just convenience of being in the same store and not price. Some of the ammo prices are shocking though. I'll get over it.

MD_Willington
July 23, 2007, 03:24 AM
never stopped here.. just had a blow out on ammo...

skinnyguy
July 23, 2007, 03:32 AM
I see another "walmart" thread being closed in 5..... 4..... 3............

Gaucho Gringo
July 23, 2007, 04:18 AM
I do not shop at the one Walmart we have in my area. I went to it once out of curiosity and have not been back. I try to buy all my gun related purchases and everything else at Bi Mart. It is a NW based employee owned chain of stores. I would much rather aspend my money at their stores than Walmart and BiMart is gun freindly/

TheDisturbed1
July 23, 2007, 05:24 AM
Walmart with guns?

this is a news flash???

Alaska ALWAYS had Wally World a packin!

Average Joe
July 23, 2007, 03:06 PM
There is a book out called " The Walmart Effect" its a real eye opener.

blitzer0101
July 24, 2007, 06:52 AM
Nice. An aside: In Ohio one would be hard pressed to find a Wal-Mart that sells firearms. Freaking jerks.

They come into the area and under cut the little guys, push them out, then remove the supply. Back stabbing communists are alive and well in Ohio.

SSN Vet
July 24, 2007, 10:53 AM
My understanding is that it was always a store by store decision made based on sales history and profitability. They need to turn $X per sq. ft. or the merchandise choices are adjusted.

Many Walmarts in Maine still have firearms....because they sell.

Justin
July 24, 2007, 11:32 AM
How did I miss this one?

If you enjoyed reading about "Wal Marts Selling Guns Again." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!