JMB's original design... my dealer got one in

PDA

sturmgewehr
July 22, 2007, 07:06 PM
I went in to do a little shooting after the gym today and my dealer got some old stuff in from an estate sale. He pulled this little guy out to show me knowing I would be interested in it.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m167/tharmsen/photo-44.jpg
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m167/tharmsen/photo-42.jpg

The grips are obviously home made, but they have some originals on order. They'll price it after they get it patched up and who knows... I might be up for buying the old girl.

It's a 38 Auto model 1902 made by Colt. It has the Colt Pony clearly visible on the left side of the slide along with all the markings... serial number 790x. What a neat piece of history.

If you enjoyed reading about "JMB's original design... my dealer got one in" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AndyC
July 22, 2007, 07:11 PM
Whoa - now that is impressive! Buy it, man! :D

sturmgewehr
July 22, 2007, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I likely will once he gets the grips on it and gives me a price. He's thinking about doing the online auction thing as he knows he could probably get more for it than he could from me. Hehe. But she's a beauty!

Shear_stress
July 22, 2007, 07:47 PM
Tactical forward cocking serrations and all!

Just kidding--neat gun.

sturmgewehr
July 22, 2007, 08:52 PM
You know, we were talking about that at the gun shop. The forward serrations were the original design and now we're going back to them. Kind of cool.

Baneblade
July 23, 2007, 12:16 AM
Right on. I love old stuff and you really just can't beat that one. You may have to twist some arms to get your dealer to sell it to you.

lee n. field
July 23, 2007, 09:20 AM
It's a 38 Auto model 1902 made by Colt.

You're aware that's not .38 Super, right?

Browns Fan
July 23, 2007, 09:32 AM
It also looks like it has a bit of a bob tail!

Double Naught Spy
July 23, 2007, 10:50 AM
By original design, you mean original 1911 design? If so, I think you are a bit mistaken. The model 1900 preceded the 1902 and is very similar. The 1900 followed several prototypes in the late 1890s. The pictured gun is simply one of the many forerunners to the 1911 and the Hi Power.

tydephan
July 23, 2007, 11:19 AM
Very cool Sturm.

Be sure to post some pics with the new grips if you can.

You know you want to buy it. No need to fight off the demons. They will eventually win regardless. :evil::evil::evil::evil:

Hope he sells it to you. Will make a nice addition to all your SA, Ed Browns and all the other JBM beauties in your stable.

If you enjoyed reading about "JMB's original design... my dealer got one in" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!