Fun at the range today.

PDA

absolut_beethoven
July 22, 2007, 08:10 PM
My son and I shot a few hundred rounds at the LAX Firing Range this afternoon. My Walther P99QA now has over 500 rounds through it with nary a hiccup - just how I like it. I installed a lower front site last time to raise the point of impact, but it's still a few inches too low. I think that Walther must have cheated because the target that they included with it had them all in the bulls eye - like maybe shooting it from 5 inches away or so :eek:

My son's friend rented a Springfield XD, also in 9mm, so I had an opportunity to try that one out for the first time. It feels quite a bit heavier than the Walther, but fitted my small hands perfectly. Most guns just do not feel too comfortable in my hands - they feel as if they were designed for gorillas, not people - so I was pleased to find another one that felt good and pointed naturally. The range gun was surprisingly accurate and also went through a few hundred rounds with zero problems. I must say that I liked the shorter trigger pull on the XD, although it didn't break quite as crisply as mine.

All in all, everybody had a good time except for my wallet. Oh well, you just can't please everyone now, can you???

If you enjoyed reading about "Fun at the range today." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Fun at the range today." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!