New Romak-3 with PSOP 8x

PDA

kestak
July 22, 2007, 08:56 PM
Greetings,

I am at lost and I would be very grateful if someone went by what I am going and found a solution:

I just bought a ROMAK-3 (imported fully built, not from a kit) with a PSOP 8x.
I mounted the scope on the side rail and hit the range.

For the 25 meters target, I can hit the center with the iron sight within one inch withtout any issue.

The problem occured when I tried to zero the scope. I have to adjust the vertical knob to the latest number (it goes from 0 to 20) and the horizontal knob to 2.5 (it goes from -5 to +5). It makes no sense to have a scope mounted where I have no more free adjustment on the vertical!!! Moreover, this scope, when you adjust the vertical, moves the chevrons and the range finder inside it, so now, everything is not centered into the lense but at the very bottom.

I checked the side rail and it looks fine. I checked the scope and it doesn't look damaged. Is there any adjustment I can do to solve that issue? Must I return the gun, the scope or both? Must I send it to a gunsmith?

Thank you

If you enjoyed reading about "New Romak-3 with PSOP 8x" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PMATULEW
July 23, 2007, 08:56 AM
There is a .pdf of the scope manual here --> http://www.gonefission.net/PSOP_6x_8x_manual.pdf

If the cross hairs are already maxed out in one direction then it is possible that the scope rail is out of whack. If that's the case then you may need a gunsmith or a qualified machinist to make it right.

kestak
July 23, 2007, 09:33 AM
Greetings,

I moved the scope to each end of the rail and the "disalligment" did not move at all at 100 meters. So, that mean the rail is probably well parallel to the barrel. Isn't?

Thank you

Drakejake
July 23, 2007, 10:23 AM
I don't know the details of your situation, but on my WASR-2 and MAK-90 I had to shim the scope mount in order to adjust the scope correctly. The mount or bracket was so out of whack that I could not adjust the crosshairs high enough (or low enough--can't remember). I unscrewed the rail and put a small washer around the rear screw to shim up the rail. If you try this, use Loc-Tite on the screws to prevent loosening.

Drakejake

benEzra
July 23, 2007, 10:43 AM
There is coarse adjustment and fine adjustment.

Turning the knobs gives you fine adjustment, but coarse adjustment is usually necessary to get the scope on target when fitting it to a rifle for the first time. (I had a POSP for a while, have a Kobra now, and it was necessary with both scopes.)

Coarse adjustment involves setting the fine adjustment at 0, loosening certain screws on the turrets and turning the whole mechanism (it's been a while since I've done it, so I can't describe it off the top of my head). Do follow the instructions to the letter, though.

I seem to recall setting the rifle on a rest and front/rear sandbags, firing a single round at 25 yards or whatever, then (without moving the rifle) loosening the relevant screws and turning the mechanism to move the reticle to point to the hole in the target. Tighten the screws and use the fine adjustment to zero from there.

Added on edit: The instructions for doing this are in paragraph 5 in the document that PMATULEW posted:

http://www.gonefission.net/PSOP_6x_8x_manual.pdf

kestak
July 23, 2007, 01:30 PM
Greetings,

Thank you for your help guys!

The issue is that if I use the coarse adjustment, all the signs (range finding, chevrons, horizontal line measurement) are going down up to the point that I am losing the bottom chevrons and part of the range finder!

I called Military gun supply store and the guy told me to return the scope and he will send me a new one. I hope it will work.

Thank you

If you enjoyed reading about "New Romak-3 with PSOP 8x" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!