Gun-related charities

PDA

Blackbeard
July 24, 2007, 10:27 PM
I've got some room left in my charitable giving budget for this year and I was wondering -- are there any gun-related charities out there? I'm talking the tax-deductible 501(c)3 kind. If not, we should start one.

How about one that donates firearms to needy families? Armament for Humanity!

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun-related charities" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jfh
July 24, 2007, 11:38 PM
for education-related funding--I know they have something.

Jim H.

155gunner
July 25, 2007, 12:10 AM
The NRA Foundation is 501(c )(3).

From their website: "The NRA Foundation is the country's leading charitable organization in support of the shooting sports, awarding more than $100 million since its inception in 1990. The NRA Foundation supports those organizations and programs that ensure the continuation of our proud shooting and hunting heritage."

155gunner
July 25, 2007, 12:17 AM
Almost forgot, the Second Amendment Foundation is also 501(c)(3).

ALHunter
July 25, 2007, 08:42 AM
I read an article several months ago, can't remember what magazine though, that described and named an organization that puts together hunts for terminally ill and/or disabled kids. Kind of like Make A Wish, but exclusive to hunting.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but does anyone know about this group? I'd like to make them a part of the groups that get a contribution upon my departure from this earth.

hacksaw
July 25, 2007, 08:43 AM
The folks on Louder Than Words are running a gun give away to benefit the American Snipers organization. Not sure if those tickets are tax deductible, but the money goes for a great cause and you could win a sweet pistol/knife combo from a group of the most talented pistol-smiths ever to walk the earth.:)

v8stang289
July 25, 2007, 08:59 AM
ALHunter, I know the United Special Sportsman Alliance puts together hunts and other outdoor things for terminally ill children. I dont know if thats the one you had in mind or not. Their website is
http://www.childswish.com/

Another organization that puts together hunts is http://www.huntofalifetime.org/
-Matt

Pat McCoy
July 25, 2007, 11:12 AM
Also check with shooting clubs in your area. Many sponsor youth programs, and some have established 501(c)3 programs. I am the Secretary for the Lander Junior Rifle Club foundation (a 501(c)3) which helps our junior teams attend the nationals championship matches when they qualify. Eventually, as we build enough funds, we will establisha scholarship program.

snorko
July 25, 2007, 04:02 PM
A selfish +1 for the Friends of NRA foundation. Our local banquet is in a couple weeks. Not only will we be giving away over 60 firearms, but will raise over $50,000 net which is granted to shooting sports development.

I worked with a program this year which put on a full day FREE hands -on firearms safety course for kids 9-17. We even got media coverage form a Swiss T.V. crew. Over 150participants!

Mr White
July 25, 2007, 05:38 PM
I read an article several months ago, can't remember what magazine though, that described and named an organization that puts together hunts for terminally ill and/or disabled kids. Kind of like Make A Wish, but exclusive to hunting.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but does anyone know about this group? I'd like to make them a part of the groups that get a contribution upon my departure from this earth.

Hunt of a Lifetime (http://www.huntofalifetime.org) is a nonprofit organization that provides hunting and fishing trips to terminally ill children. I stopped donating to Make-a-Wish and started donating to these guys when I heard that MAW would not grant any kind of hunting or gun-related wishes.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun-related charities" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!