reparkerizing question

PDA

dawgtraxx
July 24, 2007, 11:05 PM
I recently purchased a 44 remington rand that the previous owner had reparkerized some years ago...there is some imperfections..kind of a motteling in the finish ...i have talked to a couple of people and they said to coat with a grease and let it sit...should even out the finish...short of refinishing he gun again, anyone have any suggestions on what might fix this?

If you enjoyed reading about "reparkerizing question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Howard Roark
July 24, 2007, 11:52 PM
I would bead blast it down to bare metal and repark it.

Neo-Luddite
July 25, 2007, 12:20 AM
they said to coat with a grease and let it sit

Discoloration happens--usually because the weapon sat for a long time untouched in a case--or wasn't properly cleaned and stripped prior to refinish.

Call it character--Don't get crazy to have the thing refinished--what good would it do--it won't make for better corrosion resistance and the markings may suffer from repeated re-finishing.

Call it character--over time, I'll bet the 'grease' idea would even the score a bit--just take the stocks off if it will sit for a while.

If you enjoyed reading about "reparkerizing question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!