Is all LC brass mil crimped?

PDA

mugsie
July 25, 2007, 01:13 PM
Simple question really - does all Lake City rifle brass contain the mil crimp in the primer pocket or do they produce non mil crimped brass as well?

If you enjoyed reading about "Is all LC brass mil crimped?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cdrt
July 25, 2007, 01:21 PM
Anything from Lake City that is headstamped "Match" will not have crimped primer pockets.

USSR
July 25, 2007, 03:24 PM
Anything from Lake City that is headstamped "Match" will not have crimped primer pockets.

+1. Also anything headstamped "NM" or "LR".

Don

ReloaderFred
July 25, 2007, 03:54 PM
Yep, what they said.

Grump
July 25, 2007, 07:16 PM
And last time I checked, .30 Carbine brass was not crimped by LC or anyone else loading for Uncle Sugar.

The crimps on .45 and 9mm brass are usually so light, they just make seating primers a little stiff.

Ah, but you're talking rifle, aren't you? Even "Special Ball" intended to sorta replace 7.62x51 Match had crimped primers. That's the USGI brass without the NATO circle...

flynlr
July 26, 2007, 06:45 AM
I have lots of once fired that I bought LC 05 brass with the nato + that did not have crimped primers. this was purchased as AE223 but the brass was LC-05 nato and is on its 5th reload,

If you enjoyed reading about "Is all LC brass mil crimped?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!