Video taping at the indoor range, camera question...

PDA

CountGlockula
July 25, 2007, 06:40 PM
O.K. I want to make a video of me shooting at an indoor range...for teaching purposes and also for personal analysis/critiques...and for you guys to watch me shoot my Glock.:neener: But my wife is the one with the "powers" of the video camera. My wife is more of a gadget nerd than me...gotta love her. So, she's concerned about noise...

Would the constant "BANGS" in an indoor range ruin the camera's microphone? Have any of you guys damaged your video cameras that way?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Video taping at the indoor range, camera question..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
doubleg
July 25, 2007, 06:56 PM
Its possible that the microphone could be broken by the noise but I wouldn't really worry about it. The chances are pretty low.

CountGlockula
July 25, 2007, 07:22 PM
I figured so. If the microphone breaks, I'm sure it's easy to fix via Pentax.

hksw
July 25, 2007, 07:42 PM
I have a similar plan. I will be purchasing a cheap camcorder and use it in place of a spotting scope. I plan on covering the mic(s) to prevent damage.

Then again, there are plenty of videos on You Tube, et. al., with mics on during shooting.

NeoSpud
July 25, 2007, 07:49 PM
Mine doesn't have a problem with my AK and 9mm from 3 feet away, but it is outdoors... not sure if that matters.

Chipperman
July 25, 2007, 07:52 PM
Just put some foam over the microphone if you're worried. If it works for ears, it should work for a mic. ;)

FWIW, I've not experienced any problems with mine.

DoubleTapDrew
July 25, 2007, 07:56 PM
My Fuji's mic didn't have a problem taping the glock 26 and AK firing. It was outdoor though. I doubt it'll be a problem. The worst thing would probably be distortion/clipping on playback but I don't think you could hurt the mic. The shots sounded clear on mine.

If you enjoyed reading about "Video taping at the indoor range, camera question..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!