barnaul/silver bear AK ammo......

PDA

MIL-DOT
July 25, 2007, 07:44 PM
sportsmans guide was recently advertising a relatively decent deal on 1/2 cases of brown bear (manufactured by barnaul) but ended up sending (usually more expensive) silver bear. i've read that others recieved this as well,and someone pointed out that there's no neck sealant on the rounds. i checked mine and sho ' nuff, no neck sealant. anyone know what's up ? factory screw up slipped by quality control? should i care ? this was part of my SHTF stash, should i just shoot it up or nothing to worry about ?

If you enjoyed reading about "barnaul/silver bear AK ammo......" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
trueblue1776
July 25, 2007, 08:01 PM
anyone know what's up ?

nope

factory screw up slipped by quality control?

maybe

should i care ?

hell no :D Steel cases will rust long before wet powder will stop you, just keep em sealed up in a box.

this was part of my SHTF stash, should i just shoot it up or nothing to worry about ?

If you've got ammo cans or leave it in the sealed bag the 1/2 case comes in, then it will keep indefinitely. Do what you want, but I don't think that neck sealant really does much. I did water tests with ammo, the unsealed ones were just as waterproof as the sealed ones after 1 week submerged. All fired with no probs.

Gary G23
July 26, 2007, 08:55 AM
The only thing the sealant is good for is gumming up the chamber. Consider yourself lucky.

woof
July 26, 2007, 10:03 AM
I use Brown Bear and have never seen the chamber gummed up???

trueblue1776
July 26, 2007, 10:28 AM
me neither

the naked prophet
July 26, 2007, 12:09 PM
Neck sealant has never gummed up anything for me, even when shooting the old Swiss ammo with the bead of wax all the way around the mouth of the brass. With the Wolf ammo, I'd get little red flecks everywhere, but that never caused any problems.

Frog48
July 26, 2007, 12:33 PM
I've never had problems with Barnaul, Wolf, or Silver Bear.

MechAg94
July 26, 2007, 02:14 PM
I can't speak for the accuracy of the Silver Bear, but it worked.

If you enjoyed reading about "barnaul/silver bear AK ammo......" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!