Ammo For Virgin

PDA

fmnnc
July 26, 2007, 08:11 PM
I anticipate receiving my new CZ 75B SA (single action 9mm) within the next day or so. As such, I would appreciate reccomendations for a good round that groups well. I've read that the CZ likes the 124 grains better than the 115. Any and all input is appreciated. Reloadable cases would be a plus. I hear CCI Blazer is not reloadable.

Thanks...

If you enjoyed reading about "Ammo For Virgin" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Law
July 26, 2007, 08:15 PM
CCI Blazer Aluminum is not reloadable. However, CCI Blazer Brass IS reloadable. But I believe that it only comes in a 115gr variety.

I'm not aware of the availability of any cheap, commercial 9mm in a 124gr. I'd be interested to know for sure, though.

JDGray
July 26, 2007, 08:17 PM
My CZ likes Federal Eagle 124 fmj, but I give it plenty of reloads instead:D Congrats on the fine weapon! My CZ is hands down my best shooter.

The Law
July 26, 2007, 08:22 PM
My CZ likes Federal Eagle 124 fmj, but I give it plenty of reloads instead

Geez! I have a case of Federal AE and didn't even realize that it was 124gr! :banghead:

Good to know.

Custom tailored reloads are always best. It appears that Federal AE would meet your criteria (124gr and brass cases). Get it before the Sept. 1st price increases!! :cuss:
http://www.natchezss.com/customerService.cfm?contentID=manuIncrease&src=BA481

DirksterG30
July 26, 2007, 08:44 PM
Congrats on the CZ, fmnnc. You're gonna like it. Both my CZ P-01 and my wife's PCR work flawlessly with Winchester White Box 115gr FMJ and Blazer Brass 115gr. For practice, that's all I have used to date (except for some Ultramax LRN reloads, that worked fine as well.)

If you enjoyed reading about "Ammo For Virgin" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!