PMC Brass

PDA

snowranger
July 26, 2007, 08:45 PM
Can anyone give me an opinion on quality of Eldorado PMC brass? Is this a remanufactured product (reloaded) when purchased as new ammunition? Compared to military (LC etc)? Thanks guys!

If you enjoyed reading about "PMC Brass" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mark whiz
July 26, 2007, 09:53 PM
I've reloaded PMC brass in both pistol and rifle calibers and have not had any problems with it. In fact, some of their rifle brass I've used was about as heavy as LC or other mil-spec brass - so you know it has to be pretty stout.

ReloaderFred
July 26, 2007, 09:58 PM
PMC sold ammunition under both the PMC and Eldorado brand names. The company has since closed it's doors in Boulder City, Nevada, and sold all it's equipment to Jamison International, of Sturgis, South Dakota.

All the ammunition they sold was new production, with pistol and revolver ammunition manufactured at the Boulder City plant.

Hope this helps.

Fred

ArchAngelCD
July 27, 2007, 02:50 AM
I reload PMC Brass in both .38 Special and .357 Magnum and found it to be good Brass.

Bad Flynch
July 27, 2007, 11:47 AM
I bought a lot of 4500 once-fired .45 ACP cases by PMC. They are basically junk cases, which I will only reload and fire once, not bothering to pick up the brass and process it again. The flash holes are not even close to the same size, they flash holes are sometimes far enough off center to cause real problems with decapping, and all of the cases seem to be bulged for some reason. Avoid the stuff, if you can.

snowranger
July 27, 2007, 12:21 PM
Thank you for the info guys, and I neglected to mention that I am primarily loading 223/5.56 so this is what I am seeking info for. All responses are greatly appreciated.

Canuck-IL
July 27, 2007, 12:56 PM
I've not had a problem w the 45 brass but the 223 has been the demise of 2 (3 all told but only 2 I'm sure were PMC caused) Lee Universal decapper pins.
/Bryan

snowranger
July 27, 2007, 02:07 PM
Canuck, could you tell if the flash holes were off center or another cause of this problem?

Canuck-IL
July 27, 2007, 03:25 PM
Definitely off-center...irregularly shaped as well.
/B

If you enjoyed reading about "PMC Brass" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!