Does anyone use escrow services when buying guns from someone online?

PDA

jlbraun
July 27, 2007, 05:54 PM
I usually use an escrow service when buying computers and other expensive things online.

Is it kosher / generally done?

What are some good escrow services?

If the gun is a match rifle that you bought for its accuracy, would you shoot it before accepting it? If it didn't shoot well, would you send it back?

Thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Does anyone use escrow services when buying guns from someone online?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
indie
July 27, 2007, 08:35 PM
i havent used such a service for buying a gun. But i did use a service called Ebonza.com for an escrow payment for some "intellectual property". Some technical information i discovered that would be usefull for a software developer.

It was a transaction of a couple of thousand dollars and everything went pretty well. I would use it again. Well there was one hitch because they had a slight kink in their system when i used it, and they charged me a transaction fee but the transaction fee was not to be charged because i used "e-check" method. But i got customer service on the phone right away and they apologized removed the charge and credited my account for the small fee they charged.

i'm not sure if guns are within their terms of service or not, but i would recommend them. When i used them earlier this year, they were quick to respond to emails regarding TOS.

If you enjoyed reading about "Does anyone use escrow services when buying guns from someone online?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!