I just bought a polymer pistol...

PDA

fletcher
July 27, 2007, 06:20 PM
Picked up this used one today for $470 OTD:

http://www.blueridgearmory.com/images/usp45.jpg

It's a full-size USP .45, variant 1. Had my eyes on a BHP for carry/IDPA, but the price was right on this, so I bought it.

Problem is, it appears someone bent the hammer strut at some point (who knows which owner or when), as the magazines will not freely move when the hammer is cocked. How difficult of a repair is this?

If you enjoyed reading about "I just bought a polymer pistol..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bobarino
July 27, 2007, 06:37 PM
its easy to repair. its caused by someone racking the slide when the retarded safety lock is on. make sure its off now. its in the back of the mag well. it should have come with a little two pronged key to turn it on/off.

to replace the strut, all you have to do is slide the pin out of the bottom rear of the grip in the lanyard, the strut and mainspring will fall out. replace strut, reinsert, reinstall the pin that holds it all in. easy.

nice pick up for the price too! congrats on the new gun. you'll love it.

Bobby

fletcher
July 27, 2007, 06:41 PM
Awesome. I'll order a new one and have at it :)

it should have come with a little two pronged key to turn it on/off.

Only things it came with were two 10rd mags :p No case, key, nothing. This one was definitely a "sold as-is" gun.

10-Ring
July 27, 2007, 06:43 PM
Congrats! If your USP 45 is anything like mine, you'll be a very happy & satisfied owner! :cool:

Lonestar49
July 27, 2007, 06:49 PM

Congrats, as it looks like a stout weapon..

Fix it, and abide by the, above owners warning of, safety off for racking and you should have a friend 24/7.

LS

If you enjoyed reading about "I just bought a polymer pistol..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!