Just bought a Kadet Conversion

PDA

viking499
July 27, 2007, 07:38 PM
After your input from my thread the other day, I decided to buy a Kadet conversion kit to go on my 75. Ordered it from Whittakerguns yesterday and it arrived today. Shot a box of shells through it before the rain caught me. I believe I will really like it. It will shoot better than the person holding it.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Just bought a Kadet Conversion" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Catbird
July 27, 2007, 07:42 PM
Mine is a tackdriver with Remington Subsonics.

jlbraun
July 27, 2007, 07:48 PM
Yep, bought mine from Whittaker as well. Good to deal with them.

viking499
July 27, 2007, 07:51 PM
Shor American Eagle through mine. Was pleased with them, but will experiment with a few others.

fmnnc
July 28, 2007, 01:10 AM
How did the new slide match up and perform? Tight, loose, about like original? Thinking about one myself. Can you share the web address for Whittakerguns? Thanks...

Golddog
July 28, 2007, 11:34 AM
I looked back over my shooting notes for the past couple of years and discovered that my Kadet has sent my other .22's into semi-retirement or to GunsAmerica.

Walt Sherrill
July 28, 2007, 01:17 PM
How did the new slide match up and perform? Tight, loose, about like original?

Not really a relevant question, as the slide doesn't move -- only an insert inside the slide. (.22 rounds don't have enough power to move a big slide.)

Every Kadet Kit I've seen, and the one I own, has been a tack driver. I sold my Ruger Target Competition after I got the Kadet Kit... it as that good. (I had the long, bull-barrel version of the Ruger.)

LoadedDrum
July 28, 2007, 02:03 PM
Tack driver is right. During one range session I was making empty laundry detergent bottles dance at over fifty yards with mine.

viking499
July 28, 2007, 02:23 PM
Fit was tight. Had to file down 2 little spots on the front. It fit before the filing, but it was very tight and took a lot of pressure to put on and off. Try Whittakerguns.com

leadcounsel
July 28, 2007, 02:24 PM
Mine doesn't fit any of my 75s. What adjustments do I need to make?

viking499
July 28, 2007, 06:18 PM
The last section of the dovetail (about 1/8") to slide in was were my "tightness" came from. A light file job, a couple of fit ons, and it works better. Still is tight, but comes apart easy. Before the filing, it was like trying to pull a steel bar apart in the middle.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Just bought a Kadet Conversion" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!