Ruger Clip or Magazine loader

PDA

carsonbm
July 27, 2007, 06:53 PM
Please let me know what is a good loader and where to find it, for a Ruger Mark III and Mark II.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Clip or Magazine loader" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kingpin008
July 27, 2007, 07:09 PM
Well, for beginners - If you have a revolver you'll be loading the cylinder and not a clip or a magazine.

If you're looking for a speedloader for a revolver, try HKS. They make some pretty decent ones. Or, have a look around for Bianchi Speed Strips. Little bit different, but plenty of folks swear by them.

Other than that, load those shells by hand! Whatever you choose, practice is what'll make you quick.

ETA - You can find speedloaders and speed strips on any number of gun-related websites. Try Midwayusa.com, cheaperthandirt.com, Brownells, etc. Plenty to choose from.

ugaarguy
July 27, 2007, 07:16 PM
This is a good one http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=527921

I'll ask the mods to move this thread to autos as well.

YosemiteSam357
July 27, 2007, 07:17 PM
Well, for beginners - If you have a revolver you'll be loading the cylinder and not a clip or a magazine.Well, for beginners, not all Rugers are revolvers. In fact, the Mark II and III the OP asked about are specifically magazine fed semi-auto .22 pistols. (Oh, I see the confusion - it was posted in Revolvers. Sorry...)

That said, I've never seen a mag loader for a Ruger .22. That little button on the side of the mag is there so you can lower the follower with one hand while you put rounds in with the other. That's about all a traditional mag loader does for you anyway, just take a little tension of the follower so you can insert the next round.

As an aside, I've never been a real fan of mag loaders in general, as they don't seem to save much time. Though I have not used an LULA-type loader, which are the latest hot thing, and a "full auto" guy I know swears by them.

Finally, there are pedants on this board who will point out that these things are called "magazines" or "mags", not clips. I'll just save them the time... ;)

-- Sam

kingpin008
July 27, 2007, 08:54 PM
Yosemite - I realize not all Ruger's are revolvers. However, seeing as how this was posted in the Revolver forum, I went that route.

You are correct though. I have a MK III and haven't found a decent loader for it besides my own hands. Perhaps I should have clarified..

YosemiteSam357
July 27, 2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah, that's why I mentioned the forum in my post, too. Dang! I hate it when a good wiseass comment comes up short... ;)

-- Sam

PotatoJudge
July 27, 2007, 10:03 PM
For the Ruger Mark I, II, or III, the Ultimate Cliploader is excellent.

http://zaliznockindustries.com/outdoors.htm

I also have the HKS speedloader that ugaarguy mentioned and it works well enough, but I don't use it since the Ultimate Cliploader is much easier and faster.

David the Gnome
July 28, 2007, 12:58 PM
Here you go:

http://www.rimfiresports.com/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RSC&Product_Code=BW06&Category_Code=VC2

It's $3.95 and worth every penny. No more blistered thumbs! :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Clip or Magazine loader" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!