Charles Daly 1911

PDA

dasmi
July 28, 2007, 11:44 AM
What's the word on these? I was surprised to find that they are very affordable, and legal in California. I'm looking for a low-cost 1911, and I've basically narrowed it down to a Springfield GI, or a Taurus, but then I found the CD page.

If you enjoyed reading about "Charles Daly 1911" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kingpin008
July 28, 2007, 02:45 PM
I have one (the EFS) and have no complaints. There have been a few issues (which have since worked themselves out) but nothing that's not unheard of with the 1911 platform. I was having some feed problems and slide-lock problems, but both were fixed by not using that particular magazine anymore. That seems to be a problem with many 1911's - what mags you use.

Anyhow - I love mine. I just broke the 1,000 round mark the other day, and it's accurate as hell as long as I do my part.

Dr_2_B
July 29, 2007, 12:13 AM
Sorry, Dasmi. I have had unparalleled trouble with mine. It's been back to the shop 3 times for repairs. I finally pulled it out of the safe today to put a few rounds through it and it would not function at all. This is the worst gun I've owned. I have a couple others about which I have bad feelings (notably the AMT backup .45 and the Para Ordnance C6 .45), but I'm sorry to say this Charles Daly today finally relegated itself to the trash heap. It does look kinda nice.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=61532&stc=1&d=1185678714

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=61533&stc=1&d=1185678773

mavracer
July 29, 2007, 12:51 AM
mine looks just like MATHEATH's but thats where it ends mine has been perfect except will not feed lead SWC but 100% with JHP or ball. POA=POI with 230s and has a better trigger than the Kimber dad bought the same day.

Dgindlesperger
July 29, 2007, 01:29 AM
great choice and a nice gun. As you read above not all guns are perfect and you can say that with about any maker. A few issues in the past. Feeding problems because the factory interal egector is to low. This is fixed in the new guns and Armscor will upgrade the older for free. Also it's a great idea to polish the feed ramp on a new one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Charles Daly 1911" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!