i want a laser

PDA

dang
July 28, 2007, 05:11 PM
i would like to put a laser on my sub-compact xd .40. any suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "i want a laser" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mot45acp
July 28, 2007, 06:02 PM
Re-read post. Sorry I missed the sub compact part. If the rail is as short as my mil pro the M6 wont work

M2 Carbine
July 28, 2007, 06:08 PM
any suggestions?

Crimson Trace Laser Grips ,if it's available for your gun, are excellent.
If you gun has a rail a Streamlight TLR-2 may serve you well.

Matter of fact I'm about to do a little laser practice this evening.:)

biggiesmalls
July 28, 2007, 06:20 PM
is the sub-compact xd40 the same size as the sub-compact xd9? if it is then you don't really have a lot of options for a mounted light except for that springfield XLM insight light. because the rail on the subcompacts are so short even the smallest streamlight won't fit properly. here's a link for one:
http://cheaperthandirt.com/18131-16094-2202.html

as for a laser i would go with CT if they make one. i had an aimshot laser mounted on my xd9's rail but it needed to be tightened so much to stay in place that it would actually pinch the polymer frame to the point where it changed the shape of the frame a little, causing my slide to not move very smooth. i wonder if lasermax makes one that replaces the guide rod for the xd.

MNBud
July 28, 2007, 06:30 PM
If I'm not mistaken lasermax only makes a guide rod laser for the five inch models. There was talk however on the XD forum about crimson trace coming out with a grip laser similar to the one made for Glock.

ozarkhillbilly
July 30, 2007, 11:22 PM
lasermax makes a laser for your subcompact XD, just go to their wed site and take a look but you can buy from other places cheeper.

If you enjoyed reading about "i want a laser" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!