Are These Headstamps OK?

PDA

layusn1
July 28, 2007, 07:01 PM
I went to the range this weekend and got a pretty sweet deal. I usually get there an hour or two before the range opens and pick up brass so I get a fair amount but this weekend the owner asked me if I would go every other weekend and take all of the cases off the range. Darn cheapskate doesn't want to pay me though..lol. Anyway...I usually run across a few headstamps that I don't have enough of to consider worth keeping for reloading/trading purposes but now I am sure I will be having TONS more brass on my hands. So, the question is, do you guys find the following headstamps worth reloading:

S&B, SME, *I*, PMC, Prvi Partizan (the one with the three Cyrillic letters)

I'm sure there are a few others but I can't really think of them off the top of my head right now. I know nobody really considers reloading Amerc, or at least not more than once, but are then any others that should avoided? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are These Headstamps OK?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nitesite
July 28, 2007, 09:07 PM
*I* = Israeli Military Industries and is top tier as far as mil-spec brass.

{EDITED} Sorry but I had a major brain fart. *I* is Independence Ammo and is, I've heard, made by MagTech for ATK (CCI/Federal). Don't know how good it's supposed to be.{/edited}

PMC is good .223 brass, the cases I've weighed were very consistent and didn't require frequent trimming.

S&B = Sellier & Belloit and is okay but can have some primer pocket variations. Also the metallurgy seems soft as I have seen mildly torn case rims from guns that didn't have any issue with Lake City rims.

I haven't loaded any Prvi and don't know what the last one is.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are These Headstamps OK?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!