Back home (ramble)

PDA

RTFM
July 1, 2003, 10:44 AM
Well, I’m home with my family after one year in Massachusetts. NEVER do I want to venture in to that miserable state again.

I’m out and about yesterday and decide to stop in to the local gun shop, where in Mass; gun is a four letter word. I wanted to take a look at a new Kimber Custom II, and the guy takes out the Custom II stainless, a Custom II Black and a TLE II. He also put up two other pistols, which he thought I might like to compare. AND WALKED AWAY, leaving them on the counter, for me to look at, at my own pace.

Now some of you may be familiar with Mass, but those that are not, the “usual” procedure for looking at firearms, (when you can find a gun shop that is still open) is for the counter person to secure your drivers license, place one piece at a time on the counter and hover over you, like you’re ready to bolt for the door with their property. Also an unwritten rule is don’t hold it them too long. I almost forgot what it was like to be to be back in a gun “friendly” state, among like minded people. It was good. End of ramble, thanks for reading, out.

RTFM

If you enjoyed reading about "Back home (ramble)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kentucky Rifle
July 1, 2003, 10:56 AM
My regular gun shop owner lets me go BEHIND the counter. Trusts me~I trust him~~works out well.

KR

Hemicuda
July 1, 2003, 01:25 PM
My local gunshop owner also lets me behind the counter... and has even know to jet me show the guns to other customers when he is really busy...

he also cuts me AWESOME deals from time to time... BOY am I glad to live in RURAL Michigan!

RTFM
July 1, 2003, 02:47 PM
Yah' it's good to get out of the peoples paradise (********** East), and back to Idaho.

shermacman
July 1, 2003, 02:55 PM
I live here in Massachusetts. I can buy a hand gun over the counter in under 15 minutes. WallyWorld is stocked with all types of ammo. There are small local gun stores where I can borrow a gun, take it to the Braintree range which is open 24/7. Things are good here! What is the problem with your gun store? Sounds like a good guy!

RTFM
July 1, 2003, 03:29 PM
Lived in Franklin, had to go to Millis and Milford for any gun shops. No thanks, I'll pass on any state that makes you get an FID and become licensed, printed and photo I.D. BEFORE you are allowed to purchase ammo, or pepper spray.

Also went to the "Big E" gun show this year. It was like an armed concentration camp, all the L.E.O.'s looking at the entrants and guests like they were sex offenders because we like guns.
No thanks.

Where the (if I recall correctly) the Lynn C.o.P wants to have people be given a "mental" exam as part of "his" FID process....Ouch!

A couple of places up in Nashua were ok, but that was New Hampshire.
They don't have Ted Kennedy or Tom Reilly to contend with.

I grew up in New England, nice place to visit.... as the saying goes.

bogie
July 1, 2003, 03:36 PM
You know it's _really_ bad when they not only let you go behind the counter - they expect you to demo stuff to customers...

C1PNR
July 1, 2003, 11:43 PM
RTFM,

Still hanging out in PDRK for the next almost year.:( BUT, heading to my other home in Idaho (Daughter living there now) this Thursday.:D

Had to take many hi-cap magazines and a couple of rifles up there some time ago as they became Politically InCorrect (illegal) here. Taking more "stuff" this trip that will not reenter PDRK. Man am I looking forward to next week.

Good luck in scrubbing off the residue of your MA stay, but a good local gun show should help a lot.;)

Regards,

If you enjoyed reading about "Back home (ramble)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!