Dixie shotgun slugs.

PDA

336A
July 28, 2007, 09:16 PM
For those of you that want the ultimate in shotgun slugs you need to check this site out. IMHO Brenneke don't hold a candle to em'.
www.dixieslugs.com

If you enjoyed reading about "Dixie shotgun slugs." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fred Fuller
July 29, 2007, 08:03 AM
I've looked at their site, several times over the years. I think they are doing some good work in a specialized field, and if I were going into a situation where getting the utmost penetration out of a shotgun was a consideration, I'd have to do some experimenting with their products. I hope they have success upon success.

But for what I do with a shotgun, Brenneke KOs at a couple of bucks per box of five rounds (last time I bought some, that is- they were on sale) will do me just fine. And since a bought a case or three then, it might be a while before I need any more.

There just aren't that many grizz left in southeastern North Carolina these days 8^).

Stay safe,

lpl/nc

Dixie Slugs
July 29, 2007, 02:03 PM
Dixie Slugs thanks 336A for his post! A shooter/hunter should always shoot what they have confidence it! No, there are no Griz in the lower 48, but there is a growing population of wild hogs.....and some get big and nasty! It does not take much knock down to kill a whitetail deer, but a real Tusker is a different animal.
Besides that, we ship large amounts of our Tri-Ball loads to North and South Carolina!
Regards, James@Dixie Slugs

RMc
August 2, 2007, 09:32 AM
For test results from a recent Linebaugh seminar (with pictures) you may want to check out the following:

http://shootersforum.com/showthread.htm?t=39309

RMc

CocaKola
January 15, 2009, 12:32 AM
I tried these slugs, compared them to many others in several different shotguns. For what its worth, the stuff I used from Stars and Stripes Ammunition worked much better than anything else on the market, full power with greatly attenuated recoil qualities and tremendous accuracy, the nice thing was all but one of their loadings can be used in either smoothbore or rifled with no problems and accuracy remained high even in the smoothbores. That other loading is a genuine sabot requiring the rifled barrel, but man is it incredible compared to the other sabots on the market! Had zero leading, so they were super clean! Dixie's weren't horrible, I just liked the other stuff. Heading to Africa with the new S&S VS12 sabot loading this summer. Go to www.starsandstripesammo.com if you are interested.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dixie shotgun slugs." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!