what do you put your gun on in the safe?

PDA

firestarter
July 29, 2007, 08:46 AM
the mini safe's "floor" is metal, shout i put paper or something before i put my handgun in? thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "what do you put your gun on in the safe?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Deanimator
July 29, 2007, 09:57 AM
You could use what I put on the extra shelves I put in my safe.

Home Depot [and doubtless other places] sells this synthetic waffled material for lining drawers in kitchen cabinets and tool chests. It comes in rolls. Just cut off as much as you need.

Muddflap
July 29, 2007, 10:07 AM
Cabella's has some pistol racks. They have 2 sizes, one holds 4 guns, the other holds 6. The 4 gun rack is about $22.00.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0005565223491a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=pistoil+rack&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=pistoil+rack&noImage=0

glassman
July 29, 2007, 10:14 AM
I have a microwave sized safe and use the cabela rack. I like it a lot as it makes the most efficient use of the small space. There's room for six pistols and a dehumidifier. The safe also has a plastic drawer at the top that I lined with a silicone wipe cloth to store extra mags and such.

fletcher
July 29, 2007, 10:16 AM
I have a piece of felt sitting on the shelf to pad it a little.

Kimber1911_06238
July 29, 2007, 10:18 AM
My mini safe came with a thick piece of foam. you could always cut a piece to fit and toss it in there. You can use whatever you want, as long as it doesn't soak up moisture

firestarter
July 29, 2007, 06:54 PM
thanks alot for helping a fellow shooter guys, i just ordered the cabela rack. :)

Shipwreck
July 29, 2007, 07:42 PM
Cabella's has some pistol racks. They have 2 sizes, one holds 4 guns, the other holds 6. The 4 gun rack is about $22.00.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...rack&noImage=0

Yep, I have had one of these racks for months, and I just received my 2nd one this past Friday. I ordered it Monday afternoon, and received it via UPS on Fri. Pretty quick.

Some guns will stand right side up - and some with long barrels must be put upside down like in the photo.

GRIZ22
July 30, 2007, 07:39 AM
Usually wrapped in something. Old cotton socks work great.

jaysouth
July 30, 2007, 09:53 AM
Laying bare on top of 30 or 40 other guns. Sometimes its a pain to get to the ones on bottom. Come to think of it, I have not seen the bottom layer in a while.

CU74
July 30, 2007, 08:30 PM
BoreStore silicone-impregnated gun cases. Midway had them on sale recently.

glockman19
July 30, 2007, 08:37 PM
I used some extra carpeting

Clipper
July 30, 2007, 11:54 PM
Rubber-coated wire 6-pistol rack from Sportsman's Guide.

aaronrkelly
July 31, 2007, 06:41 AM
I have too many guns and not enough money to buy REAL pistol racks, I would rather use something cheaper and put money back into guns.

I use RubberMaid Binder Sorters.....they cost $8 and hold 6 guns. Much cheaper and they work great.

I have a HUGE roll of 3M padded mat material that was given to me by an employee when they clearanced out the company store - something like a 4ft wide roll, 50 ft long. Its HEAVY. I just cut a piece to fit my shelf....works great, super great cause its anti-slip.

firestarter
August 1, 2007, 02:46 AM
thats a great idea aaronrkelly

aaronrkelly
August 1, 2007, 02:58 AM
thats a great idea aaronrkelly

Now that Photobucket isnt down....here is a picture.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/aaronsguns/Gun%20Room/handguns.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "what do you put your gun on in the safe?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!