kahr E9?

PDA

sanchezero
January 8, 2003, 05:50 PM
On their website they say that the differences between the E-series and P-series are cosmetic.

Can anyone speak to this? Is there anything else worth knowing about the E-series?

I'm looking at a kahr9 and if the E is okeydokey then I'll probably go that way as I could care less about cosmetics.

However, sometimes companies have been know to be overzealous in their marketing :rolleyes: :D

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "kahr E9?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NJ3
January 8, 2003, 06:01 PM
The front sight on the E9 is plastic and is glued on. And the E9 only comes with one magazine. Also the lettering on the slide is different.

bpisler
January 8, 2003, 07:11 PM
The E-9 i owned in the late 90's came with hard plastic grips,front sight had a peg extending thru the slide and melted on the bottom to secure it.I like the way it handled and shot buck after the front sight came off 3 times i sold it and never looked back

sanchezero
January 8, 2003, 07:33 PM
Thanks fellas. I saw it was staked on, but didn't know it was plastic.

:uhoh:

firestar
January 8, 2003, 07:38 PM
I think you meant that Kahr says the differance between the E9 and the K-Series is cosmetic (not the P-series as they are polymere).

I had a Kahr E-9 and other than the plastic front sight and the hard plastic grips (opposed to soft rubber), it is the same gun as the K9. It has a matte finish and is often two toned (mine was SS bottom and blued top).

I saved about $200.00 by buying the E9 rather than the K9 and other than the blued slide rusting, I loved it like no other gun I have ever owned. My favorite gun of all time! Why did I trade it? :confused:

Anyway, if you want an all steel Kahr and want to save some cash but not sacrifice any quality, I say go for the E-9.

I am saving up for a PM9 myself.

Daryl
January 8, 2003, 07:47 PM
My E-9 is a working gun, Always in my truck/car with me.
I have had it for a long time and put a lot or rounds through it with no problems whatsoever.

agony
January 8, 2003, 08:14 PM
The first Kahr I owned was an E9. The slide liked to rust. However it was a flawless little pistol. The only other differences included the aformentioned plastic sight, and the simpler engraving/markings.

One plus was the plastic grips....these are no longer available, FAIK, but a better way to CCW. The Hogues are a bit too sticky for me.

MacPelto
January 9, 2003, 09:42 AM
Great little gun. Mine is an early model, and the whole thing is parkerized. The front sight is staked on, not dovetailed, but the finish on it is better than on some of the current production K-series. Probably won't ever get rid of it, but I might have to get a dovetail cut so that I can mount tritium sights on it.

If you enjoyed reading about "kahr E9?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!