Gun show question

PDA

TWeatherford
July 30, 2007, 12:31 AM
Hi folks,
I'm a 19 year old Kentucky resident, wanting to start carrying. My understanding of Kentucky law is that I can open carry anywhere its not posted and I'd like to start exercising that right. I've researched and considered it at length, and decided that OC is for me if its the only way I can legally carry. I also understand that I can buy a handgun from a private, non ffl, party. I am also taking steps to talk to a lawyer about this, as well, and make darn double sure I'm right about all this.

My question for you all is are most gun shows a bunch of enthusiasts who are not ffl's selling firearms, or is it mostly ffl vendors? I have heard some bad things about gunshows, but it may be one of the few ways to start protecting myself with something more effective than a knife.

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun show question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Lone Haranguer
July 30, 2007, 01:12 AM
In the California, Nevada and Arizona gun shows I've been to, most of the vendors are licensed dealers.

astocks2622
July 30, 2007, 03:02 AM
Same deal here, the shows I've been to in MI, OH, TN, and WA were almost entirely FFL dealers, with the exception of one or two "cash-and-carry" vendors.

MisterPX
July 30, 2007, 03:11 AM
Mostly FFL's, but a few private party's there too. You'll usually know them by the big "Private Sale/ No Paperwork" signs they put up. Then again, they also want more than what they're selling is worth most of the time too.

Steelcore
July 30, 2007, 08:06 AM
Commercial gun shows are mostly ffl vendors.The exception is shows put on by a local gun collectors assn.They have more non ffl sellers.
Check out your local trading journal for deals.
Ask you parents to buy you one for a present.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun show question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!