You know you live, breathe and sleep guns when. . .

PDA

CNYCacher
July 30, 2007, 03:44 AM
. . . you realize that you just asked the poor dunkin donuts lady for the "50-round box of munchkins."

Not a joke, I actually did this on Saturday. :uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "You know you live, breathe and sleep guns when. . ." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dionysusigma
July 30, 2007, 04:17 AM
... you think about how much money for six M2s, and appropriate ammo, would be needed to outfit the P-51 in the hangar a little way from yours. :evil: :D:D:D

bensdad
July 30, 2007, 04:26 AM
... you strap your expensive spotting scope into the kid's car seat and let Jr. ride shotgun. :eek:

Bones11b
July 30, 2007, 09:39 AM
You open yor desk drawer to get a pen and can't find one but do find an odd asortment of different caliber bullets, and random shells. That was me last week. Yesterday I gave a double barrel side by side nerf rifle to my nephew at church. His mother was less than pleased.

1BLINDREF
July 30, 2007, 10:04 AM
....someone gives you a phone number that starts with 642, 239, 686, 210, 629, 317 and all you can think about is going to the range.

PennsyPlinker
July 30, 2007, 10:18 AM
I was in the phone store the other night for a new phone and the lady tried to sell me a holster. When I said I wasn't into holsters, my wife and daughter burst out laughing!

XD Fan
July 30, 2007, 10:28 AM
When the security code for a building you frequently enter is 0357 and it gives you a thrill each time your enter it on the keypad.

When you buy your five-year-old a pink .22 lr.

foghornl
July 30, 2007, 10:33 AM
You think "GI Ammo Cans" are perfect storage boxes for EVERYTHING!

Well, they are....except maybe for water! :D

zeroskillz
July 30, 2007, 11:45 AM
When you buy your five-year-old a pink .22 lr.
oh my day for that is a comin'
:D

shooter503
July 30, 2007, 11:52 AM
Cleaned out the car yesterday and found 3 380 Auto and 2 9mm rounds under the seats. That's less than normal.

supraneurotoxin
July 30, 2007, 11:57 AM
when you go to buy a car, and your first concern is "will my guns fit?"

turtlehitman
July 30, 2007, 12:27 PM
-when you have bullets for guns you don't have.

-when you give your guns names so you can talk about them without getting them confused(like when talking about 2 gun of the same caliber or the same gun in different calibers).

- you see this XD and think the gun.

GEM
July 30, 2007, 12:32 PM
When you teach Cognitive psychology and in the memory chapter, whenever, you have to say 'Recall' - you say 'Recoil'.

never_retreat
July 30, 2007, 12:36 PM
When you think a surplus duce and a half would make the perfect range truck.:what:

CountGlockula
July 30, 2007, 12:39 PM
...you hang Glock key chains on the hooks of your SUV.

Kimber1911_06238
July 30, 2007, 01:46 PM
when you see a good deal on a holster or ammo for a gun you don't have and buy it. now you have an excuse to get a new gun :neener:

telkontar
July 30, 2007, 02:22 PM
I need info on where to get the pink .22. My 3-year old has been asking for a "pink gun." The BB gun has sufficed so far for my 5-year old.

Bazooka Joe71
July 30, 2007, 02:25 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=261012&highlight=nut

What was wrong with this gun nut thread?

TehK1w1
July 30, 2007, 02:35 PM
...When you have all of the local gun shop/ranges on speed dial, but none of your friends or relatives

whitetiger7654
July 30, 2007, 03:16 PM
I do most of the things above.

When you go out to a restaurant and the group in front of you puts the reservation under Smith so when it's your turn you say Wesson.

Yes I did that once. The hostess cracked up.

MT GUNNY
July 30, 2007, 03:30 PM
Usualy a persons signifagant other will inform you that its time to leave the gun show, You know you have a problem when your signifagant other is mans
best friend, and he jumps out of the truck and proceds into the show to find you!!

Hoppy590
July 30, 2007, 06:00 PM
iv swaped industrial window cleaners bottles and refered to it as a "magazine change"
maintained the 4 rules with said window cleaner.
wished said cleaner had a 3 point sling system

your friends tell you you DO have money to go out, if you just dipped into your munitions budget. and you get upset.

your friends learn they should NEVER advise you to dip into the munitions budget.

Shooter973
July 30, 2007, 06:59 PM
If you have ever Lasered the stop sign just visible from you house and then figured the hold-over for you favorite rifle.

Nolo
July 30, 2007, 07:37 PM
You hear someone say "I left my magazine in the car" and itch to ask them for the rest of the night what kind of gun they've finally gotten, because you didn't know that they were into that kind of thing.
Your favorite website is world.guns.ru.
You play with your mother's grabbing assist after her major back surgery just because it reminds you of the feeling from your favorite pistol.
You are bored in class (or anywhere), you mime working the bolt and reloading your Mosin-Nagant 1891-30.
You have more pictures of guns than of everything else combined on your computer.
THR is equal to MySpace, in your opinion.
John Browning is your hero.

arctictom
July 30, 2007, 07:53 PM
You have 500 rounds of 45 acp in your office and don't even own a 45 , its just in case.
You don't like auto loaders so you only have three.
You have 50 - 20 round mil spec Mags for an m1a and you don even like M1s or own one.

SoCalShooter
July 30, 2007, 07:57 PM
you have named all your guns

you have rationalized the you tube debate guy who showed off his "BABY" and you have explained to yourself while cleaning your "babies" why they are babies (yes I know I may have gone off the deep end)

your having midwayusa withdrawels

your friends tell you you DO have money to go out, if you just dipped into your munitions budget. and you get upset.

your friends learn they should NEVER advise you to dip into the munitions budget.

Yeah I have that conversation everyday.

when you think about buying lunch and remember that the 5 bucks you are going to spend is 5 bucks worth of ammo or a new gun so you decide to just starve until you get home

You maintain the 4 rules with anything that has a trigger and fires a liquid or projectile

you realize you have only 5500 rounds of .22LR but realize that you need the MATCH ammo so you purchase another 5000 and split it with a buddy.

When you rationalize digging bottles and cans out of trash cans around your cubicle and you have convinced everyone you work with to give you their bottles and can and you explain that it is ammo money. (this works I make about 30 bucks a week extra doing this)

You have 50 - 20 round mil spec Mags for an m1a and you don even like M1s or own one.

I have two ammo cans full of'em

AlaskaErik
July 30, 2007, 08:48 PM
...you arm up with your primary carry gun and a BUG to go take a pee in your own bathroom at 2 am.

MrFabulous
July 30, 2007, 09:01 PM
-when you have bullets for guns you don't have. True, True!!

...when you "clear" your house more often than you clean it.

wolfman01
July 30, 2007, 09:03 PM
You know you live, breathe and sleep guns when. . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

. . . you realize that you just asked the poor dunkin donuts lady for the "50-round box of munchkins."

Not a joke, I actually did this on Saturday.

The real question is, how did she respond
? :D

SoCalShooter
July 30, 2007, 09:11 PM
...when you "clear" your house more often than you clean it.

forgot that one...

or when you have wondered if there is a way for you to CCW when you are in your tactical boxers.

Wild Deuce
July 30, 2007, 09:22 PM
I'm currently injured and someone at the store asked me the other day what happened to me. My wife swears that I said, "I tore a cartridge in my knee." I suppose that's why I got the funny look.

Yep, I carry to the bathroom at 3am ... and it's not even down the hall. It's part of the master bedroom.

...you arm up with your primary carry gun and a BUG to go take a pee in your own bathroom at 2 am.

Hmmm .... a BUG? never thought of that ... I'm getting complacent.

gunmn74
July 30, 2007, 09:23 PM
I need info on where to get the pink .22. My 3-year old has been asking for a "pink gun." The BB gun has sufficed so far for my 5-year old.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/18893

I showed my 5 year old duaghter the pics XD FAN posted of his daughter shooting the pink gun. She is now curious.
That did help to show her other girls her age shoot too. My mother-inlaw has
her thinking she is a princes and guns are for boys.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=61344&d=1185391018

My daughter is left handed and they dont make lefty kids fishing poles, So
last weekend I bought an ultra-light with the crank on the left. I taped it off
and shot it with glow in the dark Hot Pink Paint. Topped it off with Barbie
stickers and she is happy.

operator114
July 30, 2007, 09:31 PM
You believe that stainless steel guns (along with nickel/chrome plated guns) were soley produced to give you the option of stashing a gun near/in the shower just in case Norman Bates attacks you.

You also justify buying a new gun with the rationale that if you didn't need one, why would they make it?

230RN
July 30, 2007, 09:34 PM
http://www.crickett.com/CrickettRifle/crickettrifle.html

armedandsafe
July 30, 2007, 09:50 PM
so you purchase another 5000 and split it with a buddy.

That is only HALF right. I don't split ammo. Not even with FirstInLine. (Well, maybe a little bit, with her. :D )

Pops

SoCalShooter
July 30, 2007, 09:57 PM
We went dutch on the ammo. its .22LR match ammo and 2500 rounds will get me through the rest of the year.

turtlehitman
August 1, 2007, 02:00 PM
"...when you "clear" your house more often than you clean it."

-MrFabulous

I supose I don't realy walk into rooms, but clear them instead.

Omaney
August 1, 2007, 02:12 PM
I ran across a recoil spring for a pistol I sold many moons ago...HHMMMMM There's always ammo rolling around in the junk drawer, truck tool box, workbench, mattress...

Geronimo45
August 1, 2007, 02:20 PM
When you have more empty brass than loose change at your house.

You have seriously pondered this question: Should you buy a holster you like, and a gun to match - or a gun you like, and a holster to match?

MachIVshooter
August 1, 2007, 02:21 PM
When you think a surplus duce and a half would make the perfect range truck

When you actually bought one, drove a motorcycle 1,500 miles to get it and drove the truck 1,500 miles back and immediately after arriving home, fabricated a bed mount for the M1919 you are picking up the following day.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/Hunter2506/100_0366.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/Hunter2506/M1919A4-3.jpg

supraneurotoxin
August 1, 2007, 02:34 PM
Quote:
When you think a surplus duce and a half would make the perfect range truck

When you actually bought one, drove a motorcycle 1,500 miles to get it and drove the truck 1,500 miles back and immediately after arriving home, fabricated a bed mount for the M1919 you are picking up the following day.

luckyyyy!
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb282/ryanwitherow/nepoliandynomite.jpg

darn nice truck there. gun too.

SoCalShooter
August 1, 2007, 04:12 PM
DUDE!!! That is sooo awesome how much did you get that for!!

DoubleTapDrew
August 1, 2007, 04:27 PM
you arm up with your primary carry gun and a BUG to go take a pee in your own bathroom at 2 am

Or you get up in the night to get a glass of water and when you head towards the bedroom door your girlfriend asks "Aren't you going to take a gun?" (and is serious)

AlaskaErik
August 1, 2007, 09:20 PM
I was really being facetious about arming up to go to the bathroom. I didn't know people did that! Our master bedroom is on the second story, so I figure there's plenty of time to retrieve my pistol from the nightstand drawer. Anyone trying to break into my house will make some noise, which Holly the chocolate lab will hear and start barking at.

turtlehitman
August 10, 2007, 03:17 PM
-you get lost in thought comparing the ballistics of a .40 vs. 9mm(happened to me this morning)

XD Fan
August 10, 2007, 03:30 PM
Quote:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/18893

I showed my 5 year old duaghter the pics XD FAN posted of his daughter shooting the pink gun. She is now curious.
That did help to show her other girls her age shoot too. My mother-inlaw has
her thinking she is a princes and guns are for boys.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachmen...4&d=1185391018

My daughter is left handed and they dont make lefty kids fishing poles, So
last weekend I bought an ultra-light with the crank on the left. I taped it off
and shot it with glow in the dark Hot Pink Paint. Topped it off with Barbie
stickers and she is happy.

gunmn,

Tell her that my little girl loves barbies and almost never wears anything that isn't a skirt. She is all girlie-girl. Hence the PINK gun. It will not surprise me if I do not have to attache rhinestones to it at some point.:what:

jojosdad
August 10, 2007, 03:31 PM
You get a smokin deal on 1000 LWCHB and buy a Model 10 to go with them. :D

RoadkingLarry
August 10, 2007, 03:33 PM
You think "GI Ammo Cans" are perfect storage boxes for EVERYTHING!
I've always thought they were, Only got 6 empties left gotta stock up on some more....

How about being on a first name basis with Larry Potterfield (owner - Midway USA) and you've never met him face to face. I wonder if he would adopt me I could be Jr and nothave to change my first name...

ptmmatssc
August 10, 2007, 03:59 PM
... your wife tries to take a picture with your camera and the memory stick is full , of gun pics . Hey it only holds 1500 !

...Remoil is the first thing you grab for that squeaky door hinge.

...you move family photos in order to make a display of all the different cartridges you have (whether or not you still own the guns) .

...when detailing your car/truck the guy doing it fills a plastic grocery bag with spent brass from all the nooks and crannies .

...you don't carry a gun to the john , because you keep one in there anyways "just in case" .

... when looking at houses to buy , the first thing you do is decide where the safes and workbench are going .

...you buy the house that's in worst shape because it has the perfect property to put a personal range in .

Yes , I am familiar with all these , and my wife will be more than willing to tell you about it , lol . Lord knows , she tells ME all the time .

DMK
August 10, 2007, 04:10 PM
when you go to buy a car, and your first concern is "will my guns fit?"When you replace a perfectly good vehicle with another and the only thing wrong with the 1st one was your guns wouldn't fit.

6_gunner
August 10, 2007, 04:22 PM
When someone mentions McDonald's, you think of the local gunshop by that name rather than the restaurant.

When the battery on the cordless drill goes dead, you say it's time to reload.

25 Pdr
August 11, 2007, 03:09 PM
When there is a young lady on the line and you can't keep your eyes off her Perazzi.....

Badkharma
August 11, 2007, 03:43 PM
...when I clean my Sig inside and out a dozen times in between shooting.

...when I pull out my HOWA 1500 varminter supreme and lay prone on the carpet.

supraneurotoxin
August 11, 2007, 04:37 PM
how about mugging in front of the mirror with every gun you own to "check your shooting stance"?

mock-sniping squirrels out your living room window in your underwear?

your wife has a bowl on top of the washing machine for spare change and ammo she finds in your pockets?

your kids chear when bambi's mother bites the dust? "yay! deer meat!"

cfl1911
August 11, 2007, 07:02 PM
When your wife comes to you and says 2000 rounds of .45 acp in her desk is the last straw and you say but honey the safe is full and there's no more room in my dresser drawers. Or you get pulled over and are asked for insurance card and when you open the glove box 3 boxes of ammo fall out.

shotgunkevin
August 11, 2007, 08:07 PM
I took my change bucket to the grocery store the other evening to cash it in for paper money. I picked out probably 30 .22 brass. I was disappointed there wasn't any live rounds.

aaronrkelly
August 11, 2007, 08:17 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/aaronrkelly/Kids/katwithcrickett.jpg

This is my daughters Davy Cricket rifle. I got it from WalMart. They had a blued gun with black stock at the store for $99 but had to order everything else.

I promptly ordered the stainless rifle with the pink stock, price was around $150. I waited and waited.....nobody called so I went in to check on it, thats when they told me they were out of stock and wouldnt get any more back in until after Christmas......uh oh.

Being the smart guy that I am I bought the blued gun with the black stock for $99. Then I went to the manufacturers website. They sell all the parts and different colored stocks right there....just click and pay and its on the way. The pink stock cost me $35.

So for a total of around $135ish my little girl has a pink gun.....and if she grows out of pink I can put it back to black.

supraneurotoxin
August 18, 2007, 02:29 PM
when you to the zoo and wonder what kind of gun/cartridge you'd need to hunt each animal you see...

Newkid
August 18, 2007, 06:21 PM
When you forget you are talking to your girlfriend.

USAFrenegade
August 18, 2007, 07:12 PM
When you buy your 3 month old daughter a small PINK .22 LR for high hopes of the future.

Glad to know I'm not the ony one.

Pax Jordana
August 18, 2007, 07:23 PM
when you're talking to your best friend, and during a lull in the conversation you note he's staring intently at your lower torso, so you shrug and say "I'm pocket carrying today."

Slinger
August 18, 2007, 07:49 PM
When you explain to your wife, as you purchase a half a dozen boxes of .223 for your AR when you already have 30 boxes at home, that you are "dollar cost averaging" your ammo purhases...and you believe it yourself!

tank mechanic
August 19, 2007, 12:58 AM
I took my change bucket to the grocery store the other evening to cash it in for paper money. I picked out probably 30 .22 brass. I was disappointed there wasn't any live rounds.

Now that is funny.:D

when you to the zoo and wonder what kind of gun/cartridge you'd need to hunt each animal you see...

My wife kept asking wife I was so deep in thought at the zoo and i told her i couldn't decide on what caliber for the zebra:evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "You know you live, breathe and sleep guns when. . ." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!