"Guns are for homosexuals" Oh, yes, they are!

PDA

Oleg Volk
August 1, 2007, 02:26 PM
Turning an anti argument against them. (http://olegvolk.livejournal.com/290848.html)

Now available on tshirts (http://thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p=3602212&postcount=74)

If you enjoyed reading about ""Guns are for homosexuals" Oh, yes, they are!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Heavy Metal Hero
August 1, 2007, 02:34 PM
Can you explain?

High Planes Drifter
August 1, 2007, 02:35 PM
Can you explain?

Its for the Pink Pistols, gays with guns.

Nice work Oleg.

Justin
August 1, 2007, 02:36 PM
More info here. (http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2007/08/oleg-volk-pwns-j00.html)

fletcher
August 1, 2007, 02:36 PM
Many antis use an argument like "guns are gay", "gun owners are gay", "guns are just a phallic extension", in less than nice terms. It's just taking one of their ignorant arguments which they find particularly funny/clever and stopping it dead with what is mentioned (note the pink background - pink pistols).

joab
August 1, 2007, 02:42 PM
I have never been called gay for owning a firearm, but am quite frequently lumped in with homophobes because of it

Bazooka Joe71
August 1, 2007, 02:45 PM
I was never aware their was a correlation between the two.:scrutiny:

I'll be damned if someone calls me a fag because I own guns. LOL

Sillyness.

fletcher
August 1, 2007, 02:47 PM
I usually heard that kind of stuff from other college or high school age kids who have some need to show off or inflate what they believe to be their own massive masculinity. Grown adults wouldn't dare say such things for PC reasons or for dividing their own party.

BBQJOE
August 1, 2007, 02:50 PM
Many antis use an argument like "guns are gay", "gun owners are gay",
Probably not the best idea telling someone carrying a gun that you think they're gay.

Walkalong
August 1, 2007, 02:54 PM
We are all in this boat together and regardless of what one may or may not think of homosexual acts they are due the same rights and protections of anyone else. Divide and conquer! It works well or they would not still be using it. If they want to call me gay because I'm a shooter, so be it.

Tamara
August 1, 2007, 02:57 PM
Guns are for humans.

All humans.

Mr White
August 1, 2007, 02:57 PM
I'm not gay, but If I was... I'd be all over Oleg. ;) j/k!!

But seriously, good point Oleg. If any group of our society would have an enhanced need for self defense, it would be the gay community. As much $#it as they must endure from violent homophobes, self defense should be a high priority within that group.

ArfinGreebly
August 1, 2007, 02:58 PM
Gay? These are the same bigots who accuse us of "compensating."

Yeah.

I be compensating.

The human body is just plain not equipped to hurl a quarter-ounce of lead a hundred yards at a twelve hundred feet per second, never mind do it accurately.

If I'd lived hundreds of years ago, I'd be compensating with a bow or a spear. Come to think of it, this compensating thing has been going on a long time.

So, if it's all the same to the bigots, I think I go ahead and compensate.

I'm sure the bigots have their own plan for personal security. Something to do with an assault phone. Or yelling for help. Or whatever.

pax
August 1, 2007, 03:03 PM
That was a beautiful pwning, Oleg.

I agree with ArfinGreebly: of course I'm compensating for something! I am compensating for my physical inability to take on an enraged, 300-pound rapist/serial killer with my bare hands.

What are you compensating for?

pax

Nolo
August 1, 2007, 03:11 PM
Hmmm...
Gun owners are fags, eh?
Tell me, Mr. "I'm going to derisively comment a legitimate group of people because it makes me feel like more of a man", do you vote Democrat? Oh, really, you do? Well, then, it might pain you to know that the Democratic Party SUPPORTS GAY RIGHTS, idiot!

tasco 74
August 1, 2007, 03:16 PM
WHAT THE H3LL WAS THAT ALL ABOUT???????????????????????????:uhoh::confused:

hso
August 1, 2007, 03:26 PM
I like it.

Limeyfellow
August 1, 2007, 03:30 PM
But O'Reily told me on Fox News that only Lesbian manhater gangs use pink firearms and use them to rape little girls and beat up men and its happening all over the country.

Magnum.35744
August 1, 2007, 03:39 PM
Well for starters why the :cuss: would they say something so stupid like that. I'm a little to young to know everything about Democrats and politics and stuff like that so could anyone mind giving me the teenage version? Thanks I would appreciate it.

-Tre

indie
August 1, 2007, 03:41 PM
this is a new one to me

Noxx
August 1, 2007, 03:42 PM
Gun owners are fags, eh?
Tell me, Mr. "I'm going to derisively comment a legitimate group of people because it makes me feel like more of a man", do you vote Democrat? Oh, really, you do? Well, then, it might pain you to know that the Democratic Party SUPPORTS GAY RIGHTS, idiot!

lookitlookitLOOOKIT!!

http://www.tlchicken.com/whotlc/famous/thumbs/peanut.jpg

Neeeeeeeeooowr!

indie
August 1, 2007, 03:44 PM
wow not peanut lmao

fletcher
August 1, 2007, 03:47 PM
^^^^ People say things like that because they're stupid, and use insults to get a feeling across rather than facts to support a logical argument.

Kaylee
August 1, 2007, 04:01 PM
Somehow when Tams says "guns are for humans" I get the feeling she doesn't mean it like the rest of us mean it..... :p

Dorryn
August 1, 2007, 04:04 PM
You know, I have to say, nobody has ever called me gay in reference to firearms. Im not sure if I should be annoyed or relieved.

Deanimator
August 1, 2007, 04:06 PM
If I had a dime for every racist, anti-Semitic, misogynistic or homophobic comment I'd ever heard from anti-gunners, I'd be able to buy an Escalade with change.

SoCalShooter
August 1, 2007, 04:09 PM
Nice work Oleg simple and to the point.

Dannavyret
August 1, 2007, 04:15 PM
We are all in this boat together and regardless of what one may or may not think of homosexual acts they are due the same rights and protections of anyone else.

After seeing the same kind of vermin who murdered over 3,000 people on September 11th, crush gay men by dropping brick walls on them...

Yeah, no matter who you are...if you're American and a fellow gun owner, if you hate these Islamic freaks as much as I do, heck yes my brother against our hated enemy!

revjen45
August 1, 2007, 04:39 PM
Back before the Pink Pistols existed I caused the whole room to go silent at an NRA Instructors class by saying I would like to instruct gays to protect themselves from violent homophobes. You could have heard a pin drop. I have never felt like I was divinely deputized to do vengeance in the name of God. There are only 2 people whose business it is of mine who they exchange affection with: my wife and myself.

Durruti
August 1, 2007, 04:41 PM
Excellent work Oleg.

I'm proud to be a gun totin' fag.

NewShooter
August 1, 2007, 05:08 PM
"I agree with ArfinGreebly: of course I'm compensating for something! I am compensating for my physical inability to take on an enraged, 300-pound rapist/serial killer with my bare hands."

Great reply to the compensating line. That can easily be amended to apply to a man as well as a woman. I'm writing that one down.

Picknlittle
August 1, 2007, 05:36 PM
I get that this is a stab at antis, but not a very responsible one.

I know there are gays who use guns. Some have them solely for protection from folks who feel it's their place to persecute them. Some actually just enjoy shooting just as most of us do.

I don't agree with the so called gay lifestyle, but my objection is biblical, not social. I don't have the right to disparage, persecute or run anyone else down for being something I don't agree with or understand. I spent a career in the military defending personal rights provide by the constitution and bill of rights.

I can't comment beyond this without turning it into a discussion on religion and theology. I don't think this is the place for that either.

I suspect there are gays in this forum. Folks you engage in conversation with daily. I'm sure they feel this poke at aintis is just plain hilarious. Reckon? I'm sure they would be more than glad to come out in this environment.

Why disparage one group in an effort to get back at another. Why even lower yourself to the attacks that antis levy? Do you think being more like them that they are is gonna get r done?

If I'm wrong about the intent, please show me the error of my ways. If I'm not wrong, please understand the bit isn't very High Road.

Sorry,...[rant mode off]

offthepaper
August 1, 2007, 05:51 PM
"Guns are for homosexuals"
------------------------------------------------------
Guns are for homo's
guns are for dykes
guns are for fat folks
guns are for skinny folks
guns are for dems
guns are for repubs
guns are for white folks
guns are for black folks
guns are for old folks
guns are for young (not too young) folks
guns are for rich folks
guns are for poor folks

guns are for any law abiding, responsible, sober, freedom minded folks.

that's whats really at the heart of the 2nd A.
we should all support it.
a brother in arms, is a brother in arms.

Oleg Volk
August 1, 2007, 05:52 PM
Pink Pistols reps liked this poster. Basically, I took a term of disparagement and turned it around. The antis who make comments like that inadvertently provided us with a great way to advertise yet another politically active group of gun owners.

Carl N. Brown
August 1, 2007, 06:26 PM
Our local paper had an article on a big game hunt. An Anti-hunter
hunter wrote in to criticise the paper and also claimed that
the featured hunter was compensating for his inadequate manhood.
I have heard for years off and on the argument made that a
"real man" does not need a gun to defend himself. "Real men"
apparently duked it out with fisticuffs. (Those who made that
argument never could answer the question So how does
a man built like Wally Cox defend himself from a mugger
built like Steve Reeves?*) I have no doubt the argument has
been made that guns are for fags. I have heard it made.

We had a home invader named Fields break and enter a boarding
house and stab a woman to death, and invade a home and
beat two people to death with a baseball bat. If someone
broke into my home, I would scream like a little girl no-mommy-no
and empty my bedside .38. Let a "real man" could face a Mr.
Fields with the manly art of fisticuffs if they so choose.

(*You youngsters can substitute for Wally Cox and Steve Reeves
Pee Wee Herman and Arnold Schwartzenegger.)

AndyC
August 1, 2007, 06:35 PM
Interesting timing - a friend of mine is starting a chapter of Pink Pistols and I've volunteered to assist with some coaching. None of my business whom people are doinking if it's between consensual adults.

hso
August 1, 2007, 06:35 PM
Oleg is taking the "You own guns? Guns are for fags!" anti statement and flipping it around for the pinkpistols (gay and lesbian RKBA group) folks (who don't have a problem with the word "fag" within the GLTG community) to use as a rallying cry. Works for pinkpistols and the straight community as well in that sense.

Homosexuals have been beaten to death for no other reason that they were homosexuals. Classic violent bigotry like that is why RKBA is important for everyone.

Colt46
August 1, 2007, 06:52 PM
Not subtle, but effective.

Curious why are guns for members of the Film Actors Guild?

Serious apologies to Parker, Stone and Team America for that one.

Sistema1927
August 1, 2007, 06:54 PM
Somehow when Tams says "guns are for humans" I get the feeling she doesn't mean it like the rest of us mean it.....

Along the lines of "To Serve Man"

(Boy, did I date myself with that one!)

Good work Oleg! All persons deserve the right to self-defense.

Prince Yamato
August 1, 2007, 07:12 PM
Hey Oleg,

how about a follow up, focusing on the use of guns by gay people to prevent hate crimes? I think the headline should be:

"Gay is the new Black"

(kind of like the fashion reference to "pink is the new black", it has the double entendre of referring to the Pink Pistols as well).

Kentak
August 1, 2007, 07:13 PM
What the hell does PWN mean, anyway?
:confused:

Jason_G
August 1, 2007, 07:20 PM
What the hell does PWN mean, anyway?
PWN = OWN for teenage video game addicts :D.

Jason

shc1
August 1, 2007, 07:23 PM
I did not know that about myself.

Kentak
August 1, 2007, 07:41 PM
PWN = OWN for teenage video game addicts .

Okay, I'm familiar with, "Owned!" But, why the PWN spelling? Am I being too logical?

K

gyp_c2
August 1, 2007, 07:52 PM
Along the lines of "To Serve Man"
...boy did you ever...it's a cookbook...http://emoticons4u.com/smoking/rauch06.gif

SaMx
August 1, 2007, 07:56 PM
I like this one.

kentak, the pwn spelling is from a typo, the p is right next to the o, so people would often hit it by mistake when they were typing very fast during a game.

ArfinGreebly
August 1, 2007, 07:58 PM
Dis here is teh intarwebz.

Here on teh intarwebz, u get creative spelling and phrasing.

Over on www.icanhascheezburger.com (a collection of lol-cats) you will see a wide selection of intentional misspellings, including "pwned."

Some of these spellings are the result of common typos (see position of "o" and "p" on keyboard) in texting and in chat rooms.

Over time, the typo/misspelling becomes the "in" way to say/write something.

So, yes, "pwned" -- worse yet, people actually pronounce it "poned" in live conversation.

*Sigh*

Zundfolge
August 1, 2007, 08:03 PM
If I had a dime for every racist, anti-Semitic, misogynistic or homophobic comment I'd ever heard from anti-gunners, I'd be able to buy an Escalade with change.
An Escalade? Why not a couple of Thompsons or a Ma Duce?

pdowg881
August 1, 2007, 08:40 PM
I actaully used the homosexual angle to convert the most irrational anti. She started telling me how it is a human right to be with someone in a same sex relationship. I then brought up how she's so anti-gun and began to tell her about the human right to self defense. I got through the usual excuses, throwing in the human right part and she actually said she understands and agrees. It seems like the best way to get people with liberal views to understand because they always preach about human rights.

XavierBreath
August 1, 2007, 08:59 PM
http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/21442-1/pinkpistols5207.jpg

Oleg,
I like it. A lot.

I like the monochromatic image slammed on a pink background. Extremely graphic, extremely simple.

I like the typeset. Both size and font are perfect. I like the lighter pink underscore. It allows legibility of the URL and gives a bit of chromatic variance.

I especially like the image itself. The tension of the hammer being pulled back, and the finger pressure on the trigger is palpable, as is the tension of the grip on the gun. This does not appear to be a SA posed shot, but a full on DA trigger pull about to go bang.

All in all, this one is a winner in my book. Simple, direct, and effective. It's the epitome of less is more.

PercyShelley
August 1, 2007, 09:10 PM
Maybe try underlining "are"? I don't know, it might work.

A wonderful little poster, to be sure. The angle of the gun nicely connects the upper and lower captions; there's a really good flow to it.

And not one joke about the gun being a revolver, lest the shooter limp wrist it! Bravo THR!

budney
August 1, 2007, 09:24 PM
No, not THAT one... THIS one:

http://images.libertyoutlet.com/samples/s-onehand.jpg (http://www.libertyoutlet.com/store/itemdetail.html?detailid=2323)

Anyway, the Liberty Outlet (http://libertyoutlet.com/) site seems to be broken. When I try to buy a T-shirt it tells me my cart is empty. Nothing I do seems to make it not empty.

--Len.

Oleg Volk
August 1, 2007, 09:40 PM
I can't add anything to my cart!

The shopping cart program relies on having cookies enabled on your computer. If you can't add products, the most likely cause is that you have disabled cookies. If you don't know how to re-enable cookies on your web browser, please use the contact form for help.

Is that the problem or something else?

barkingowl
August 1, 2007, 10:00 PM
This thread made my day. Thanks Oleg!

budney
August 1, 2007, 10:16 PM
Is [enabling cookies] the problem or something else?

Something else: I'm an idiot. The "quantity" field is empty when you view a product, so unless you put a "1" in there, their app obediently adds zero items to your cart. :D

Update: I just ordered (http://www.libertyoutlet.com/store/itemdetail.html?detailid=2323) your three (http://www.libertyoutlet.com/store/itemdetail.html?detailid=2394) best shirts (http://www.libertyoutlet.com/store/itemdetail.html?detailid=2305). You might want to start planning a trip; the royalties are heading your way.

--Len.

bogie
August 1, 2007, 11:35 PM
Love the image. This is the sorta thing that someone needs to blow a coupla bucks on ink carts for (or go rape the boss' color copier or printer while they're doing a long lunch...), and go stick a few copies up around your student/prof bulletin boards...

Danus ex
August 2, 2007, 12:40 AM
Your best work, Oleg. More intense and vastly less wordy than your others.

PTK
August 2, 2007, 12:47 AM
Absolutely fabulous poster, Oleg.

:D

4v50 Gary
August 2, 2007, 01:09 AM
Good work Boz. The right of self-defense belongs to all of us including the gays.

Double Naught Spy
August 2, 2007, 01:10 AM
Pink Pistols reps liked this poster. Basically, I took a term of disparagement and turned it around. The antis who make comments like that inadvertently provided us with a great way to advertise yet another politically active group of gun owners.

Unless it is explained, I honestly doubt the antis will see this as their argument turned against them. In fact, it partially substantiates their point. They will say, "See, guns really are for fags."

It is hard to turn an argument against people who don't see the point you are making as being contrary to their views.

Oleg Volk
August 2, 2007, 01:14 AM
It is designed to promote Pink Pistols. Those who can't be swayed by them are a lost cause, but fence-sitters should profit from the new awareness.

Feanaro
August 2, 2007, 01:41 AM
They will say, "See, guns really are for fags."

Which is good. It makes them look intolerant and stupid, the stereotype WE usually get stuck with.

Silver Bullet
August 2, 2007, 02:33 AM
Right out of the lefty playbook. When they run out of reason, they start name calling.

I see that all the time on these forums.

hamourkiller
August 2, 2007, 02:40 AM
A lot of this gay stuff got started back in the early 70's right after the 1968 GCA passed and the NRA was ramping up its power and starting to negatively affect politicians. They did not want to talk issues and went to this type of issue. Gun owners are fags or wife beating thugs who are repressed fags etc!

I think the NOW gang was pushing it, but it comes from the very beginnings of the debate.

I suspect that with the collapse of the National Guard theory of the 2cnd Amendment they are searching for issues again. Also women are flocking to the gun side as well as other people who are victims of assault (Gay people etc). Common sense seems to be breaking out and it frightens the hell out of these ani gun nuts.

Look at the debate about concealed carry, it started out with us having to defend our "Radical" idea of carrying guns concealed and they got by with "Blood in the streets" and "Shoot outs at OK Corral" etc. Now with so many places passing these laws and our arguments proving to be true and thiers turning out to be stupid sounding in hind sight. I think this has put them on the defensive and they are searching for some other issues.

All people have a right to defense of themselves and loved ones. Firearms are the only universally effective tool for this.

skinnyguy
August 2, 2007, 03:17 AM
Guns are for homosexuals, and heterosexuals, and bisexuals, and asexuals and trisexuals. Let's see, yep, I think that's everybody.

Good work here too Oleg!!!

bogie
August 2, 2007, 03:54 AM
Idea... triptych...

"We're here. We're queer. Bash this!"

1911 guy
August 2, 2007, 08:55 AM
Whether I agree or not isn't the issue. The issue is there are people who are lawfully using and enjoying firearms and there is an organization that reaches them in their lifestyle to introduce more to the firearms community. I disagree with a lot of folks. That doesn't give me the right to disparage or marginalize them.

vis--vis
August 2, 2007, 09:01 AM
I don't really like it. But that's just me.

Bones11b
August 2, 2007, 09:53 AM
Cool poster will be forwarding it on to some gay friends and associates.

Henry Bowman
August 2, 2007, 10:50 AM
Somehow when Tams says "guns are for humans" I get the feeling she doesn't mean it like the rest of us mean it.....That made me grin, Kaylee.

Bazooka Joe71
August 2, 2007, 03:11 PM
The right of self-defense belongs to all of us including the gays.

LOL

The phrase "the gays" just sounds really, really funny to me.

Crunker1337
August 2, 2007, 03:48 PM
Whenever confronted with the brilliant, relevant, and totally original (/sarcasm) arguments that "guns are gay", "gun owners are gay", or "gun owners are compensating for a small penis" etc, I merely point out that if I'm wrong, then how come they're the ones that have to resort to such stupid insults?

simmonsguns
August 2, 2007, 11:41 PM
Thought of something tonight, Hello my name is Paul and i'm a lesbian. had to put that in there.
But on to the post, i coated two custom 1911's i built for friends of mine pink with the little triangles for them because they wanted something different at the range. the contrast with gray looked kind of cool, pink but cool.

Oleg Volk
August 3, 2007, 12:43 PM
http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/21442-1/pinkpistols5207.jpg

T-shirt (http://www.libertyoutlet.com/store/itemdetail.html?detailid=2435)

Long Sleeve Tee (http://www.libertyoutlet.com/store/itemdetail.html?detailid=2436)

If you enjoyed reading about ""Guns are for homosexuals" Oh, yes, they are!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!