Does anyone have guns under their table ?

PDA

Fabarmfp6
August 2, 2007, 06:14 AM
does anyone have handguns mounted underneath the tables in there home and in the drawers ? or atleast 3+ mounted hideing some where ?

i don't but I'm just wondering if someone out there does :D kinda like what you see in the movies.

If you enjoyed reading about "Does anyone have guns under their table ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Cannonball888
August 2, 2007, 07:24 AM
No. I have small kids in the house.

frank23185
August 2, 2007, 08:12 AM
No.
I have a secure home.

GlenJ
August 2, 2007, 08:48 AM
I've thought several times about hiding handguns in various rooms. But I just can't bring myself to go to bed knowing theres un secured guns through out the house that if found could be used against me.

hso
August 2, 2007, 08:51 AM
No

MinnMooney
August 2, 2007, 09:32 AM
Most of the time - No. I have one with me at ALL times and choices of several at night but no James Bond super-secret hiders.

MinnMooney
August 2, 2007, 09:35 AM
No.
I have a secure home.

TO : frank23185

Do you mean that all weapons are secured or that your house is break-in proof?

igpoobah
August 2, 2007, 09:36 AM
No

supraneurotoxin
August 2, 2007, 09:39 AM
+1 to small kids.
that's not to say I can't get to my secured guns in a hurry if necessary, they are between the bedroom and the most probable location in my house a thief might try to gain entry.
plus, the german shepard alarm system lets me sleep well;)

Fred Fuller
August 2, 2007, 09:41 AM
Handguns under tables? No.

In drawers? No.

Hidden panels in walls? Well...

There are three 870s strategically hidden in different rooms to assure we can never be cut off from a long gun in the event of unpleasant surprises (not likely...), but nothing so melodramatic as an arsenal of handguns hidden everywhere. Since my wife and I both carry while at home (we live in a pretty rural area, and stuff happens out here), it isn't necessary to stash pistols about with gleeful abandon.

It's a little awkward to hang an 870 around your neck all the time during waking hours though, so we hide those carefully in case of emergency. When we both leave home at the same time (not often), the 870s go back in the safe till we return.

We have no children in the house, and seldom have company. Our big dog doesn't like anyone who doesn't live here except our parents, our neighbors and the vet's staff, and since she's a Fila Brasileiro there's not much worry about strangers wandering about in the house unmolested. Our little dog is a hyperaware Brittany spaniel, there's little danger of anyone approaching the house unnoticed.

Beats a pile'o'pistols secreted about the place any day IMHO...

lpl/nc

DogBonz
August 2, 2007, 09:42 AM
Just the one on my hip when I am home. All of the others are in the safe. Why leave one where someone else could find it and use it against you?

EricTheBarbarian
August 2, 2007, 09:46 AM
I keep mine hidden in random places but usually close to where Im at or next to me in the house. When its under the pillow at night I sleep the best:D. I dont like the thought of someone picking up my pistol off the night stand while Im sleeping next to it. I also hollowed out a book that I use sometimes but not mounted under the drawer or anything. It takes forever to hollow out a book.I wouldnt try it unless you have alot of time to kill. I kept a shotgun behind the door for a while but finally decided it probably wasnt the best idea as someone could easily find it. I was at my friends grandpas farm to check out his german waltherp38 wwII bring back and that guns holster was screwed to the bottom of a shelf in the cupboard. I aint got no kids, if I had kids things might be done differently, I would probably teach them how to safely handle a firearm at a young age so it would probably be a non-issue anyways.

FourNineFoxtrot
August 2, 2007, 09:47 AM
I'd like to rig something under my desk, as that's where I spend most of my time. Even if I had a holster hidden under my desk, though, I don't think I'd leave a gun there all the time. I like to have all my guns in one room at night... the room I sleep in.

The key here is that my apartment is NOT secure. a well-placed boot next to the door knob would shatter the frame, easily, and I don't like the idea of being surprised at my desk without a weapon to hand.

30 cal slob
August 2, 2007, 09:47 AM
here's a great quick-access gun safe you can mount underneath a desk or table.

http://www.safetysafeguards.com/site/402168/product/2597-S

as for kitchen and dining room table, no.

desk? thinking about it.

DogBonz
August 2, 2007, 09:54 AM
To hollow out a book the easy way, clamp the pages that you wany to cut out between to pieces of thin (1/8") plywood or a similar material. Trace out the outline of the gun, then drill a hole (3/8" should be pleanty big) then use a scroll saw or a coping saw to cut on the lines. When you are done simply un-clamp and you will have a perfectly hollowed out book.

You do need to clamp it very tight to avoid ripping the paper. If clamped well, and you use a fine toothed blade, and you take your time cutting, paper will cut almost like wood.

P.S. Sorry for the drift.

critter
August 2, 2007, 10:06 AM
DogBonz, I love the two quotes in your sig line!

Dravur
August 2, 2007, 10:08 AM
I have 2 guns in secret compartments in my desk, one in the couch cushions.
One over the fireplace, one next to the bed
One in the bathroom, affixed to the toidy.
Basicly, I live in an armed encampment.
I have a gun every couple of feet and I carry one on me.
I have one attached to the lawn mower and one on the rake
one on my fence and one in the cake.
hehe

waterhouse
August 2, 2007, 10:09 AM
There are three 870s strategically hidden in different rooms

Ditto

DogBonz
August 2, 2007, 10:10 AM
DogBonz, I love the two quotes in your sig line!

joab
August 2, 2007, 10:13 AM
Yes

Big Calhoun
August 2, 2007, 10:18 AM
No, not here either. Before my son was born, I had them located in places where I was always within reach of a firearm. Now, the spares are locked up and I just keep one holstered when I'm home.

JWarren
August 2, 2007, 10:18 AM
I AM mounting one under the desk at my office, but no-- not in my home.

My wife and I don't have kids yet, but we do have neices and nephews. There's no way I could insure their safety and wouldn't want to have to constantly keep an eye on it.

For our home, we are getting a picture gun holder:

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=61726&d=1186064559

-- John

Houston Tom
August 2, 2007, 10:30 AM
Since I had a son my home defense plan has changed, I switched from a mossberg 590 with light, laser on hooks under the bedframe to a 45 pistol in top dresser drawer. alarm system and large dog.

Noxx
August 2, 2007, 10:32 AM
We don't have kids, and if we did some things would be very different around here in terms of firearms storage.

ATM I do have a few stashed around the house at locations I spend any real amount of time at. The important part for me is designing and using those locations was the "hidden" aspect, I don't want to be in the business of arming burglars.

frank23185
August 2, 2007, 10:32 AM
"Do you mean that all weapons are secured or that your house is break-in proof?"

I keep my home defense pistol in a quick access safe. My home would be very difficult to break into (no place is break in proof).
Steel doors and a furry burgler alarm should allow me plenty of time to arm myself.

Ghost Tracker
August 2, 2007, 10:34 AM
I have a framed 8"x10" photo hung by the front door. No one notices that the apparent glass in the frame is actually a very thin sheet of acetate film. Nor can they see that the frame really isn't conventionally "hung" but, in fact, is securely mounted via hidden rear screws into the stud wall behind. The picture in the frame isn't printed on paper but on photo-sensative Mylar. Only under VERY careful scruntiny are the tiny perforations in the Mylar visable to the naked eye. It's impossible to realize that the sheetrock has been removed from the wall behind the frame but within the frame's borders. A holstered .357 mag revolver is mounted carefully inside the wall pocket to ideally present its grip to my hand. All that is required of me is to force my rigid fingers through the center of the photo easily splitting the thin acetate & perforated Mylar. A revolver is ALWAYS next to the front door, high above child-level, completely invisable yet immediately accessible. It took some "experimentation" with the materials, technique and holster mounting angle to assure my comfort level. But now I'm confident that my hidden handgun system is simple, unnoticed & relatively foolproof.

CajunBass
August 2, 2007, 11:08 AM
I don't, but a buddy of mine has, or at least had at one time, an AK in spring steel clamps under his kitchen table.

Cannonball888
August 2, 2007, 12:05 PM
For our home, we are getting a picture gun holder:
http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=61726&d=1186064559

How about a clock holder?

http://image.sportsmansguide.com/dimage/101292i_ts.JPG?cell=130,130&cvt=jpeghttp://image.sportsmansguide.com/dimage/101292_ts.JPG?cell=160,160&cvt=jpeg

Or a hollow book?

http://static.flickr.com/24/96141034_fab05455d4_m.jpg

Or how about a gun that you can peice together out of a fountain pen, a lighter, and a cigarette holder?

http://jamesbond007.net/Images/pistolet_or1.jpghttp://jamesbond007.net/Images/pistolet_or3.jpg...http://atypically.net/smilies/jamesbond.gif

frankcostanza
August 2, 2007, 12:30 PM
nope. only in the bedroom

Ron James
August 2, 2007, 01:08 PM
I keep one under all my tables in Galgo holsters right next to my tin foil hats.

armedandsafe
August 2, 2007, 01:19 PM
On my hip. If I'm wearing pants, I'm carrying protection. If not, it is within reach.

Pops

Noxx
August 2, 2007, 01:52 PM
Ghost that's very similar to my own "door gun" design, job well done with keeping it hidden.

ArfinGreebly
August 2, 2007, 03:02 PM
Nothing in drawers or under tables or, for that matter, anywhere else where you can look in/under and see it.

My youngest daughter has "friend evaluation disorder" and as a consequence, although I don't worry about her, I don't even begin to trust her friends. Her friends have stolen from her, stolen from us, scammed her, tried to scam us, tried to involve her in any number of bad ideas (some of them outright illegal), and she has a high turnover rate among her "friend population" as a result. She's getting better, but she still has a ways to go.

She knows I have rifles. She doesn't know I own pistols -- only that I sometimes borrow pistols for target shooting (technically true, just not the whole truth). It sucks having to keep things hidden from her, but until I can trust her judgement in friends, that's the way it has to be. Her friends have other friends of seriously questionable character, and I have no desire to have one of them alerted to the idea that we have stuff in the house that brings a nice price on the street.

Even my son is in on it. He keeps his pistol in my safe, and we are careful not to have it out or discuss it around her or her friends.

Even the routine for my "bedside" pistol keeps it out of sight.

Wife's daytime companion is also out of sight.

So, no, nothing in the open.

M2 Carbine
August 2, 2007, 03:11 PM
No, not under the (computer) table at this time. I had to use the holster.

I do have five handguns within arms reach at this time though. Does that count?:)

Anywhere in the house I'm within 2-3 steps of a loaded gun.

A gun that's not loaded and within reach, if you need it, is nothing more than an expensive dust catcher.
(Of course I don't have any Rug Rats getting into everything though.:D )

Glockman17366
August 2, 2007, 03:14 PM
There are a number of firearms on the ready various places through out the house.
No kids here, so it's cool...
And, no reason to get more specific.

DoubleTapDrew
August 2, 2007, 03:25 PM
I prefer to keep them on me or within arms reach. Don't like the idea of potentially arming a previously unarmed BG before he gets to me and mine.

AirForceShooter
August 2, 2007, 04:03 PM
used to keep one under my desk at work.

Better than stuffing it in a drawer,

AFS

Ghost Tracker
August 2, 2007, 05:34 PM
I recently got called-on-the-carpet by The Boss for my habit of concealed carry in direct violation of the Employee Handbook directive against Deadly Weapons on the property. I protested...but gave-in & said it WOULD be in my truck. He countered that was still technically "on the property". I said, "Well, I guess it's time for me to retire" and began packing my briefcase. He then decided the truck wasn't REALLY his property. Go Figure.

LaVere
August 2, 2007, 06:21 PM
No. but I do have two loaded and ready to go. One near the front door and one in my computer room. No children at home. When the grandkids come over they all go in to the safe. I don't keep one in the bedroom at the wifes request :confused:. I have two large dogs the can slow anyone down and give me time to take 3 steps and get the 45 acp.

Winter Borne
August 2, 2007, 07:01 PM
Funny this should come up, but after the home invasion / murders in CT I started to really re-think my home survival plan. I have had a thorough evac plan for me and my family since 9/11 as we live close to DC and it's an obvious target, but haden't given much thought to the house at all. We live in one of those "nice gated communities" with high doller homes...

After CT though I re-thought everything. First and foremost I have kids ranging in age of 18-7. second, until then, all l guns are in a secure gun room with vault door in basement gun room. Not very handy except for my daily cary, a P32 which stays on me until I go to bed, then it's in my room, but a good 18 feet from bed.

I now have a hidden weapon on each floor of my house, and have looked at the house from an invaders point of view, then laid out fields of fire and points of concealment for each possible exterior door and window. I should mention that I am an architect and builder so I have modified the house to create concealed yet very accesable locations within the structure of the house. I have then asked a good friend to come over while the wife and kids were out and told him that there were 4 guns hidden and gave him an hour to find them. He came up with 0. I don't brag about this, just mention that the thought never even occored to me until the masacre in CT, and how pissedI was that responcible adults had done so little to protect them selves from those human scum, and vowed that I would never be caught off guard like they were.

mk

CWL
August 2, 2007, 07:45 PM
Nope, but then I use a glass desk in my home office.

.cheese.
August 2, 2007, 07:47 PM
I keep one under all my tables in Galgo holsters right next to my tin foil hats.

where do you buy your hats? I'm looking for a quality TFH from a reputable dealer. :neener:

RCouch
August 3, 2007, 12:54 AM
No kids in my house. Keep a BHP in a desk near the front door, a kel-tec in the study above my computer and a S&W .357 in my night stand. Need to do something about my backdoor, it's naked.

David904
August 3, 2007, 03:31 PM
No. I've got two little boys (2 and 4). 'Nuff said.

However, I do keep my guns in a safe that has a speed open design feature.

James T Thomas
August 3, 2007, 07:01 PM
Some advice: Never let Lee Van Cleef conceal a pistol underneath your table!
You will have a terrible time refinishing it. "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly."
-Movie.

If you spend many hours sitting at a table, I would recommend a belt mounted holster or shoulder holster instead of an under table mount.

If you enjoyed reading about "Does anyone have guns under their table ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!