Midwayusa

PDA

glockman19
August 2, 2007, 03:45 PM
It appears Midwayusa.com has changed their web site. What do you think of the new design/layout?

If you enjoyed reading about "Midwayusa" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
trueblue1776
August 2, 2007, 03:48 PM
More or less the same, still pretty slow, even with a cable modem.

edit: mine just froze and then went back to the old layout with a "selection not found" page.

MattB000
August 2, 2007, 03:49 PM
How about neither? They really need to speed up thier site and fix what has always been broken.

fletcher
August 2, 2007, 03:52 PM
I like it. This one seems much easier to navigate (when the links work, that is).

JamesM
August 2, 2007, 03:57 PM
I was hoping the change would speed things up......

JesseL
August 2, 2007, 04:15 PM
It seems like a wash on the usability and aesthetics but I agree with the others - they need to speed things up there.

the naked prophet
August 2, 2007, 04:44 PM
Looks less cluttered. Very fast for me (T3 connection :D)

spencerhut
August 2, 2007, 04:56 PM
They just changed the frames, not the content. It's just cosmetic as far as I can tell.

lee n. field
August 2, 2007, 04:59 PM
Looks close to the same. I just got a CGI error on a search, going past the first page of hits.

Bruce333
August 2, 2007, 06:52 PM
Is it just me, or is there about 1 inch of useless space on both sides of the page?

Still a few bugs to work out I think.

Oohrah
August 2, 2007, 07:32 PM
I use the Master Cat. and sale (monthly) and pick up the
phone and talk to a human!:D

trueblue1776
August 2, 2007, 07:37 PM
I use the Master Cat. and sale (monthly) and pick up the
phone and talk to a human!

Humans are weak Dick, I am a superior man-computer hybrid of the future.

Zeke Menuar
August 2, 2007, 07:46 PM
Bears a striking resemblance to Wally Worlds web page. That's one for the conspiracy theorists.

Loads a little faster.

Still seems buggy, No Hornady 55gr FMJ in stock. The site will be considered defective until that changes.

ZM

Black Adder LXX
August 2, 2007, 07:59 PM
I'd be more impressed with speed.

sacp81170a
August 2, 2007, 08:24 PM
Looks OK to me, as long as I get the customer service I'm used to.

Jkwas
August 2, 2007, 09:00 PM
Not much different, but I do enjoy their site and use them for online purchases

FieroCDSP
August 2, 2007, 09:09 PM
Still seems buggy, No Hornady 55gr FMJ in stock. The site will be considered defective until that changes.

Amen to that.

I don't like the empty space on the sides, but I like the big billboard you can't help but see. It really gets your attention. I'm sure they'll be working the bugs out for the next few weeks. They have a lot of content to adjust.

Jubjub
August 2, 2007, 09:34 PM
It's still not a site for the impatient.

Speed it up, don't repaint it.

mrmeval
August 2, 2007, 09:49 PM
Ugly, clunky, slow, twiddly crap.
:barf:

DnPRK
August 2, 2007, 09:58 PM
Their site still loads pages too slowly.

CDignition
August 2, 2007, 10:09 PM
Works good here. Dealer Homepage is easy to use...

BBQJOE
August 2, 2007, 10:45 PM
Pretty much the same as others said.
It's easy enough to navigate, if only the pages would load in less than ten minutes.....................

GlowinPontiac
August 2, 2007, 11:25 PM
loads pretty fast for me on cable.

jerkface11
August 3, 2007, 12:22 AM
Looks like they just changed the appearance not the way it works. Still pretty slow but still easy to find what you want. I like it.

envonge
August 3, 2007, 12:25 AM
I don't care what it looks like as long as I can order what I need at good prices.

Harry Paget Flashman
August 3, 2007, 02:17 AM
It does load fast on cable. They process and ship orders very fast. That's what counts.

sig228
August 3, 2007, 02:50 AM
Timing's right for them re: the new Ebay policy. Placed my first order Wednesday night and it shipped Thursday. Prices look fair. Bye bye Ebay, Hello Midway.

jeff-10
August 27, 2007, 08:39 AM
New or old. The web site is too slow. They need to upgrade there bandwidth.

Dave Markowitz
August 27, 2007, 09:52 AM
Purely a cosmetic difference AFAIC. I wish they'd get a fatter pipe on their end.

I still spend too much money with Midway.:uhoh:

Highland Ranger
August 27, 2007, 10:00 AM
aesthetically neutral, usabilty same but appears faster - other site was a major dog.

stevelyn
August 27, 2007, 10:27 AM
Six-to one, half-a-dozen to the other. I'm more irritated on how they no longer make their dealer flier availble as a pdf.

bp78
August 27, 2007, 10:40 AM
I like the change, nothing major. They would have been better off investing in the site performance. I don't think it's a bandwidth issue either, rather a code and db problem with the software running the site.

As another put it, They process and ship orders very fast and that matters more. The search feature of the site also works well, I can always seem to find what I'm looking for using their search. Can't say the same about Brownells.

zoom6zoom
August 27, 2007, 10:44 AM
as long as they continue to give a C&R discount I could care less what it looks like.

BobMcG
August 27, 2007, 10:51 AM
Less cluttered looking but other than that pretty much the same.

TacoMalo
August 27, 2007, 01:22 PM
Webpage is slow, too many links to click to get to one small part or list of parts. I say go to the website order the master catalog nice and organized and you can browse at your own pace while dropping off the kids at the pool.

cbsbyte
August 27, 2007, 02:33 PM
I like the design but the site still is very slow.

M2 Carbine
August 27, 2007, 02:49 PM
Back when shipping was included in the item's cost Midway was the first place I'd order from.
It was handy knowing up front what the cost was.

Now that they add on shipping I seldom buy from them.

swingpress
August 27, 2007, 04:08 PM
The old layout worked with my browser when I specified reasonable minimum font sizes. The new one doesn't.

What I really want is for it to be faster.

Black_Talon
August 27, 2007, 10:08 PM
I don't mind the way it looks, but some pages and forms don't load right with Firefox.

trueblue1776
August 27, 2007, 10:25 PM
Firefox works for me, if you get an error, just reload the page.

Matt King
August 27, 2007, 10:31 PM
I like it. The new design organizes everything well.

Sistema1927
August 27, 2007, 11:00 PM
As long as I keep getting my C&R discount and can navigate to what I want I don't care what it looks like.

Rick O'Shea
August 28, 2007, 08:25 AM
My main complaint, and the first thing I noticed: they took the "Log In" link off the front page, and make you go to My Accounts first.

Why the extra navigation step?

Logging in is the first thing I do, as I'm usually working off my wish list.

Otherwise, looks pretty.

JohnMcD348
August 28, 2007, 08:55 AM
It doesn't really matter to me how the site looks compared to new or old. Since they changed it, it actually appears to have gotten a little slower and I get alot more errors when looking for something. I had to reload a page three times the other day before it actually pulled up the item I was looking for.

North Nick
August 28, 2007, 08:59 AM
I like the new design. BUt more importantly it seems a little fast than the old.

Gotta love the C&R discount,:)

Nick

Bobo
August 28, 2007, 04:58 PM
I liked the old layout better because it was a bit faster.

The main catalog is still OK, but the "flyers" are TERRIBLE. I hate sites that try to entertain me at a great loss of speed and readability, when all I'm trying to do is find information and order quickly and efficiently.

I have written them twice about the horrible flyers and asked them to stop sending me notices until they make them more user-friendly.:cuss:

WiscTJK
August 28, 2007, 05:06 PM
I like the new layout myself.

To North Nick:

Just out of curiousity, what is the average % discount the C&R licenses gives you. Just big picture. A buddy at work and I are considering signing up, mainly to get the discounts. But, I don't buy that much, so I am not sure it is worth the time or money. I assume you are a fellow Wisconisinite.

Thanks

WiscTJK

If you enjoyed reading about "Midwayusa" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!