Bottom Ten Worst Gunfights

PDA

George Hill
August 2, 2007, 04:13 PM
I've read a lot of what guys think are the best gunfights out there on DVD...
But what about the worst of the worst gunfight scenes? Like the last gunfight in Mr & Mrs Smith or in Smokin Aces? The real stinkers...
What do you guys think?

If you enjoyed reading about "Bottom Ten Worst Gunfights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jorg Nysgerrig
August 2, 2007, 04:14 PM
The beach scene in Saving Private Ryan. :barf:

doubleg
August 2, 2007, 04:17 PM
Charlie's Angels...

Don't you just love how coked up anorexic Hollywood actresses can shoot dual .50 cal Desert Eagles while flying through mid air. :rolleyes:

afsenior
August 2, 2007, 04:18 PM
The shootout in the movie Open Range. Kevin Costner's character (Charlie Waite) was a dude not to be messed with...

Im283
August 2, 2007, 04:21 PM
The shootout in the movie Open Range. Kevin Costner's character was a dude not to be messed with...

I think you missed the point, worst gun fights, the one you mention is about the best.

Black Majik
August 2, 2007, 04:21 PM
Commando! :D

afsenior
August 2, 2007, 04:22 PM
So sorry ! You are right. This proves once again you can't do two things at once.

helpless
August 2, 2007, 04:28 PM
Commando!

My father inlaw just bought this movie because I told him the Govenator's daddy was a Nazi. He also bought me True Lies and Predator, now he is just screwing with me.

Smoken Aces, where the Chick is shooting the 50 from the next door hotel into the other hotel while a CQC gun fight is going down in the hallway.

Maybe not the worst but it is the most fresh in my mind.

Also +1 For Mr. and Mrs Smith being a laugh. The scene in the department store.

Bazooka Joe71
August 2, 2007, 04:31 PM
Just about anything in the quick and the dead is up there.

Or down there, however you want to put it.

Big Calhoun
August 2, 2007, 04:32 PM
Any A-Team episode...

fixyurgun
August 2, 2007, 04:33 PM
Everything by theA-team
sorry calhoun, i type way slow

George Hill
August 2, 2007, 04:37 PM
I specify Movies only... if we get into TV... we will never be able to view another topic. My hell. Just movies. Movies on Amazon, blockbuster, or netflix... so we can share the pain.

There were guns in Charlies Angels?

General Geoff
August 2, 2007, 04:39 PM
The beach scene in Saving Private Ryan.

I'm perplexed by your statement. I thought the beach scene was one of the best depictions of battle ever shown on the big screen.

priv8ter
August 2, 2007, 04:41 PM
I don't have time to rank 10, but I just saw The Marine a few weeks ago, and man, it was bad. Guys shooting a Camaro with .223's, and the bullets ricocheting off the plastic/fiberglass body...

greg

Mr White
August 2, 2007, 04:44 PM
Any A-Team episode...+1

Also, The big gunfight scene in Invasion USA. Chuck IS DA MAN, but that gunfight was the worst. I hope Chuck doesn't read this board. He could kick my a$$ just by thinking angrily about me!

Houston Tom
August 2, 2007, 04:45 PM
the quick and the dead the crowe and Phiffer:barf: It made the A-team shoot outs look realistic

The Giant Skunk
August 2, 2007, 04:48 PM
Any of the Matrix movies. Thousands of bullets that can all by dodged by the magic of CGI. Made an very bad impression on our easily swayed youth. Too many think they can wear leather trenchcoats and sunglasses and the firearms they get a hold of won't actually hurt anyone.

WeedWhacker
August 2, 2007, 04:50 PM
"Bottom Ten Worst Gunfights"

... wouldn't that be the same as asking for the Top Ten Best Gunfights?

>:)

Correia
August 2, 2007, 04:51 PM
Mission Impossible II. i.e. Tom Cruise attempting to be Chow Yun Fat.

BANG BANG -cut to super slow-mo as Tom flips his hair and sparks fly off of stuff- BRRAPP - Tom flips through the air with two guns! OH NO! Breaking glass! Wait, now my motorcycle tires are flat, now they're nobby! No wait! They're flat! BANG POW! More sparks - slow mo hair flip - wait! Tear off your face! It is Tom under that mask! SAve us TOM CRUISE! Xenu attacks! No wait, it is some British guy... oh more shooting! Look, Ving Rhames... nope, not even Ving can save this pile of crap.

Justin
August 2, 2007, 04:52 PM
Any of the Matrix movies. Thousands of bullets that can all by dodged by the magic of CGI. Made an very bad impression on our easily swayed youth. Too many think they can wear leather trenchcoats and sunglasses and the firearms they get a hold of won't actually hurt anyone.

You're kidding, right?

GTSteve03
August 2, 2007, 04:54 PM
I'm trying to decide if the scene in Hot Shots! Part Deux where Topper Harley has the M60 in homage to Rambo and racks up the body count on the digital heads up display is either the worst or the best shootout EVAR! :neener:

General Geoff
August 2, 2007, 04:55 PM
The Matrix had great gunfights. Not the most realistic, but extremely entertaining nonetheless.

Thad
August 2, 2007, 05:03 PM
People actually watched charlies angels???

Houston Tom
August 2, 2007, 05:05 PM
the 70's were dark and evil times. People were driven to strange acts because they wore polyester against their skin. Also the plaid prints drove people crazy

Crunker1337
August 2, 2007, 05:05 PM
"So sorry ! You are right. This proves once again you can't do two things at once."
No, it proves that you can't do two things at once.
:D

The worst one I've seen is in Predator 2... who knew street gangs were that well armed?

L-Frame
August 2, 2007, 05:10 PM
Saving Private Ryan?????????

Euclidean
August 2, 2007, 05:13 PM
Any gunfight in any Uwe Boll movie, although the sequence in House of the Dead after they find the crate full of movie guns comes to mind.

Hatchett
August 2, 2007, 05:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMAcM9_02qA

BamBam-31
August 2, 2007, 05:14 PM
I know George specified movies and not TV, but I caught a few minutes of some of my wife's favorite soaps, and the gunfights there were ATROCIOUS! Not only were they cheesy and unrealistic, but after shooting the bad guy, the actors/actresses (and I hate whenever I see this in Hollyweird) would look at their guns in disgust and drop them on the ground. As if the guns possessed them and made them do the unthinkable. :banghead:

matt87
August 2, 2007, 05:14 PM
Can't believe the only mention of Rambo so far has been the parody in Hot Shots... I'd have thought in Rambo III where he blows up that chopper with a bow and arrow was bad. Oh wait it's not a gun... Wasn't he using some Soviet heavy MG to destroy a tank at some point near the end of that film?

Bazooka Joe71
August 2, 2007, 05:17 PM
I forgot to mention ANYTHING where Will Smith is holding a gun. :barf:

I can't puke enough.

Oh yeah, and I am also perplexed as to why someone would say saving private ryan was bad...Unless they just misunderstood the question, because the bottom ten worst are really the top ten best as weedwhacker previously mentioned. :D

Cannonball888
August 2, 2007, 05:18 PM
I'm perplexed by your statement. I thought the (Saving Private Ryan) beach scene was one of the best depictions of battle ever shown on the big screen
Ditto on the perplexation. The beach battle scene was considered very realistic even by Omaha Beach veterans.

Houston Tom
August 2, 2007, 05:25 PM
The one thing I have heard a couple of D Day vets mention that is missing from the saving Pvt Ryan scene was the smell

Hoffy
August 2, 2007, 05:42 PM
Good threads like these usually get locked before I get to respond! (Edited: Sorry...I thought I was in the legal and political catagory, my bad)

Smokin' Aces...but the scene in the parking lot where the good (? ) guy makes the 30-40 yard, no-look, down sloping, single shot, with what looks like a 1911...and the bad (?) guy falls down dead.

Now that was really some shootin'! :)

HatFried
August 2, 2007, 05:45 PM
Commando! :D

You Called? (http://youtube.com/watch?v=NYT2i3fbdC4&mode=related&search=)

Cannonball888
August 2, 2007, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Commando!

You Called?
Wow. 20 guys with AKs at 50 yds can't hit Arnold. It must be his camaflouge :D

Did you ever wonder how Arnold can be so anti-gun when movies like this made him famous?

Justin
August 2, 2007, 05:56 PM
Good threads like these usually get locked before I get to respond!

Honestly, I'm so perplexed by Giant Skunk's post to this thread that I'm leaving it open hoping he'll actually clarify his post.

strat81
August 2, 2007, 05:57 PM

!!?!?!?! Blaming TV for "swaying" the youth is ridiculous. Be an adult and actually instill morals, values, and ethics in your children. It's not Hollywood's job to do so.

As for The Matrix... awesome gun fights. No they're not realistic because they didn't live in the real world. It was a world run by software that allowed "the rules" to be bent. The Lobby Scene from the first Matrix is one of my all-time favorite movie scenes. Tons of cool evil black rifles, pistols, and shotguns.

Wake up, Neo.

tmajors
August 2, 2007, 06:02 PM
The one thing I have heard a couple of D Day vets mention that is missing from the saving Pvt Ryan scene was the smell

My Grandfather said the same thing.

tmajors
August 2, 2007, 06:05 PM
On topic though I gotta go with 28 days later when the main character FINALLY manages to get a rifle near the end of the movie...then ditches it.

RobMoore
August 2, 2007, 06:10 PM
I can't count the number of times I've movie discussions where I mention how much I hate extremely unrealistic action scenes, like when the move the hero is performing can't even be done by a stuntman, so they have to use wires for everything (which always makes for unnatural movement). This always seems to be followed by some mention of the Matrix.

The Matrix wasn't "unrealistic" because its chacters did all the crazy stuff they did. They were living in an electronic world with rules they could manipulate. If they were shown to jump off a 50 foot building and dodge bullets in the "real-world" scenes, then you could better call it unrealistic.
Its a sci-fi, it gets more slack than Jet-Li movies.

+1 for any scene involving Will Smith, double it for Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. I am interested to see how "I am Legend" turns out though.

One unmentioned movie is Equilibrium.
Although I really enjoyed this movie for its story, it had god aweful gunfights.
I know it was explained away by their "scientific gun kata" study, but it was still painful to watch.

sm
August 2, 2007, 06:10 PM
The old Billy Jack Movies.
[Drive-in Picture shows are NOT always about the Picture Show being shown ;)]

Billy Jack, with no gun, no knife, just "martial arts" always won out over the BGs pulling guns and knives.

Correia
August 2, 2007, 06:16 PM
Good threads like these usually get locked before I get to respond! Well, it is gun related, in general gun discussions, since it is about GUN fights in movies, was started by a moderator, and has a couple other mods posting to it.

I'm gonna close this now, just out of spite! :neener:

Bazooka Joe71
August 2, 2007, 06:17 PM
The Matrix wasn't "unrealistic

Oh yeah?:scrutiny:

:D

sm
August 2, 2007, 06:19 PM
Elvis Movies. Don't care what folks think of Elvis, but them "gunfights" were pathetic. :p

I mean worse than Billy Jack :uhoh:

CWL
August 2, 2007, 06:22 PM
Bruce Willis in Last Man Standing.
Stock Colt Govt. 1911s that never go empty. Kinda makes you wonder why there's even a scene in the middle when Bruce Willis' charachter is loading dozens of mags -I wonder where he kept them.

Any of the Hong Kong genre gangster movies, the hero never gets shot while being able to drop every BG, never opts for the dropped SMG/assault rifle but keeps his 9mm. There's usually a 'Mexican Standoff' where Good & BG put pistols to each other's head afraid to shoot; if it were me, I'd go ahead and shoot in order to shut down his CNS.

Any movie with "Rambo" in the title (First Blood was good though). Special Forces training and Rambo stands in the open to shoot his M60/RPK at the hordes of oncoming BGs.

Correia
August 2, 2007, 06:27 PM
sm, Billy Jack is one of the best bad movies of all time. It is painful, but so bad that you just can't stop watching.

Famine
August 2, 2007, 06:40 PM
Arnold is the man!!! If he doesn't want to be hit by the bullets from the AK, then he won't get hit.

And Predator is a great movie, and before someone says it, I say Ventura "could" shoot a chopper mini gun; he was a SEAL after all.:D

Worst gun fight...I got it. Equilibrium gets my vote. A lot of folks liked this Fahrenheit 451 meets the Matrix rip-off, but I couldn't stand it.

modifiedbrowning
August 2, 2007, 06:41 PM
Desperado.

Houston Tom
August 2, 2007, 07:30 PM
do not forget 'Escape from New York" and I believe it was a MAC 10 that never ran out of ammo

nwilliams
August 2, 2007, 07:35 PM
+1 on Desperado
Although I have to say I love this movie for what it is, but the shootout in the bar had to be one of the most ridiculous gun handling scenes I've ever witnessed, but still fun.

+1 on the Matrix
Still enjoyed it, but as far as realistic gun handling......:scrutiny:

I Think the all time worst in my mind is Arnold Schwarzenegger's classic 80's action flick.....Commando

Oh and speaking of Arnold lets not forget how realistically protrayed firearms were in True Lies. Especially the scene where his wife drops the Mac10 down the steps and takes out a dozen bad guys.:D

Famine
August 2, 2007, 07:39 PM
Oh and speaking of Arnold lets not forget how realistically protrayed firearms were in True Lies. Especially the scene where his wife drops the Mac10 down the steps and takes out a dozen bad guys.

That can happen.:neener:

BlindJustice
August 2, 2007, 08:04 PM
Rockford Files - Did Jim Barner ever fire the snubbie he kept in his
cookie jar?

Godzilla and the FX with plastic toy tanks

James Caan with the sawed off shotgun in Rio Bravo
you don't shoot John Wayne in the ass !

Magnificent Seven where, hmm I think it
was Charles Bronson shoots one of three
bandits getting away on horses just
cresting a hill - about a 200 yard + shot
with a 44-40 and he drops a rider. The
youngest of the Mag 7 sez great shot -
and cb SEZ I WAS AIMING at his horse
in disgust We need a prisoner to question.

Im283
August 2, 2007, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Good threads like these usually get locked before I get to respond!

Honestly, I'm so perplexed by Giant Skunk's post to this thread that I'm leaving it open hoping he'll actually clarify his post.

If Justin did not close it it may be open in eternity ,:neener:

How about the flame thrower scene from an HBO movie called
"When Trumpets Fade". I almost bet no one here has ever heard of it.
Issued in 1998, I have it on DVD. There is a scene where the FNG has to carry a flame thrower and is forced to use it against the Krauts. The thing throws flame about 5 feet, pretty ridiculous as is most of this WW2 movie.
Might have been Dwight Yoakams movie debut.

Cosmoline
August 2, 2007, 08:42 PM
Bruce Willis in Last Man Standing.

Yeah, but it's a lot of fun.

"Harley Davidson and Marlborough Man" included some *REALLY* stupid shootouts. It's a genuinely bizarre action movie, featuring bank security guys in heavy trenchcoats who chase Don Johnson around. It seems to be turning a corner when a custom Casull appears, but then they load the thing with .38 Special blanks and ruin everything.

Equilibrium

I agree completely. A terrible gun movie. The whole notion of "gun fu" is absurd, and the fight scenes are consequently unwatchable. The stupidity reaches a climax with a katana fight that has the whole "I win--oh wait there's blood on YOUR sword? I must have been sliced in half. I'm going to go make lunch, do some work then suddenly jerk up and fall to bits."

"Blind Justice" with Amand Asante deserves a mention here.

"The Quick and the Dead" with LEo Decrapio is just a long line of stupid shootouts.

Most of the Bond films have amazingly unrealistic shootouts, though some are redeemed by other factors.

ptmmatssc
August 2, 2007, 08:48 PM
Naked Gun (yeah I know it's a spoof)

grampster
August 2, 2007, 08:56 PM
"What's Up, Tiger Lilly". The gunfight on the tramp steamer. One of the heroes says to his partner, "Watch me shoot 6 times and kill 10 guys." (or words to that effect, I saw that movie in 1966, I think.) One of Woody Allen's first movies where he took a grade D Japanese shoot em up movie and redubbed the audio around a plot to steal a recipe for egg salad iirc. Funny movie. Bad gun fights.

JCF
August 2, 2007, 09:00 PM
80's Stalone movie... Cobra.

After a police operation gone awry, the on-scene commander makes the decision to "call in the Cobra". Stallone, aka "The Cobra", arrives in a chopped and lowered Mercury and shoots the h** out of everyone. A car chase ensues with the Cobra as the prey... but not for long. The Cobra, at high speed, smoothly spins the Merc a full 180 degrees and (now driving in reverse at high speed) unloads a lethal burst through his own windshield into his pursuer.

Alas, no Oscar.

The Deer Hunter
August 2, 2007, 09:00 PM
Any A-Team episode...

The entire team could have ak-47s and still just shoot the dirt around the bad guys:D

Nomoney
August 2, 2007, 09:13 PM
I forgot to mention ANYTHING where Will Smith is holding a gun.

I can't puke enough.

+100000!

I'd rather watch a few episodes of fresh prince than Bad boys one or two.

USMC6177
August 2, 2007, 09:16 PM
Anything with the "rock" or Vin Deisel in it.

##EDIT##

Also the movie Delta Force. I love that movie but gawd was it horrible. Motorbike Rockets anyone?

Oh also Tango and Cash. bleeech

cwmcgu2
August 2, 2007, 09:57 PM
Yall think Desperado was bad... oh man you obviously havn't seen the sequel Once Upon a Time in Mexico. Now that one had some bad gunplay scenes. First of all the sawed off double barrel shotgun pistol is fired with ease while disintigrating both knees of the BG. Second off... oh *&$% every single bit of it was just completely rediculous.

Im283
August 2, 2007, 10:00 PM
was started by a moderator

So this is an elitist kind of place?:neener:

Bazooka Joe71
August 2, 2007, 10:04 PM
^^^^^^^^^^

:uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

Mot45acp
August 2, 2007, 10:08 PM
The scene from Shooter dropping 3 or 4 BG's standing in a row boat with a coke bottle silenced .22 from a ways off.

A big +1 for Equilibrium. Ancient art of Gun-Fu

Heavy Metal Hero
August 2, 2007, 10:12 PM
So this is an elitist kind of place?

Maybe he means that since a mod created the thread it is more likely to be appropriate to the forum....

I have seen mod threads shut down too.

phaed
August 2, 2007, 10:19 PM
rambo

judge dread

cobra

demolition man

...basically anything with stallone

sfhogman
August 2, 2007, 10:25 PM
The last 10 minutes of Clint Eastwood's "The Gauntlet".

Words fail me.

Something
August 2, 2007, 10:54 PM
Lots of the older Westerns had oddities in gun fights, but for bad gun fights you can't go wrong with any time Jean Claude Van Dummy picks up a gun in his movies.

NickHTK
August 2, 2007, 10:55 PM
Chuck Norris in any Delta Force movie. For that matter, those Missing in Action flics are pretty bad too.

HiroProX
August 2, 2007, 10:57 PM
Many mentions for Equilibrium, but none for Ultraviolet?

Or Aeon Flux?

rocinante
August 2, 2007, 11:03 PM
Any Miami Vice shootout and TV in general. You can stand around the corner in any house and bullets don't even make a mark on the sheetrock walls much less penetrate.

Worst is not equal to unrealistic. I really liked Last Man Standing. Just like a western but instead of colts and horses you have 1911s and fedoras.

sm
August 2, 2007, 11:06 PM
George Hill is not just a Moderator.
He is the "go-to-guy on movies, movies reviews, firearms in movies, historically correct guns in movies, scripts, writing, plots, acting , politics and whatever else movies with guns portray to the public.

Basically he tells it like it is, and this information busts a lot of myths that those against us might choose to further their cause.

Oh, he is also bigger than most folks in staff and membership. :D

modifiedbrowning
August 2, 2007, 11:28 PM
How about the flame thrower scene from an HBO movie called
"When Trumpets Fade". I almost bet no one here has ever heard of it.
Good movie, I just watched the DVD the other night.

Bartholomew Roberts
August 2, 2007, 11:38 PM
"The Quick and the Dead" has to be one of the worst gunfighting movies ever. The whole movie is built around gunfighting. It has Sharon Stone, Gene Hackman, and Leonardo DiCaprio - you would think it might have some kind of chance; but it is a horrible movie with the most ridiculous, stupid, comic book use of firearms I've ever seen.

BitterBeerFace
August 3, 2007, 02:16 AM
I'm not a fan of movies that attempt to be seemingly realistic, and yet have obviously bogus scenes.

The club scene in Terminator (1)... this 1,000 pound or so terminator gets driven backwards by 12-guage slugs? Not really. (otherwise, great movie) Same thing with T2 near the molten metal. (again, great movie)

And then there's the whole "full-auto aimed perfectly while being held at arm's length with just one hand" thing in most movies...

I think one of the better scenes is in Patton... a GI is just running across a snowy field and kind of grabs his stomach and falls forward when hit.

Correia
August 3, 2007, 09:52 AM
So this is an elitist kind of place?

No, just George is smart enough to know what is on topic. (i.e. GUN fights in GUN movies)

But if feeling picked on helps you get through the day, hey, go for it. :)

HippieCrusher
August 3, 2007, 10:30 AM
Hey, nobody's mentioned "Assassins" yet with Stallone and Banderas.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112401/

RubenZ
August 3, 2007, 10:32 AM
Surprised no one mentioned Resident Evil II.

When the Nemesis is walking towards those SF guys. All those gun toting guys and NOT ONE thought to shoot his HEAD? Really stupid. Here is the scene:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lDD-JaHuCJ4

The_Future
August 3, 2007, 10:49 AM
The remake of Romeo and Juliet, set in modern times. That was bad, a 9mm 'sword'. The duel was very anti-climatic both guys emptying their mags until they had just one, I guess they carried with empty chambers.

MIL-DOT
August 3, 2007, 10:53 AM
Quote:

I'm perplexed by your statement. I thought the beach scene was one of the best depictions of battle ever shown on the big screen.

Checkman
August 3, 2007, 11:02 AM
Forgive me John Wayne.

The Sons of Katie Elder At the end of the movie Wayne shoots his Colt Peacemaker at least twenty-three times and never reloads. To add insult to injury he never hits the bad guy. Wow! I'm a fan of many of his movies, but this one just bugs me. I also don't like it so that has something to do with it.

Silverado Now this one is a contradiction. I actually really enjoy the movie, but it's gunfight sequences are truly terrible. However they're also fun. Go figure.:confused:

Lethal Weapon I, II, III and IV The first movie was pretty good if unrealistic. The others are just pure dreck.:barf::barf::barf:

Bonnie and Clyde The 1967 version with Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway. Finally saw this thing a few weeks ago and I wasn't impressed.

I sent a PM to the guy who said that the Omaha Beach sequence from Saving Private Ryan was one of the worst gunfights ever filmed. I didn't flame him, but did ask if he could return to this thread and clarify his position. I simply told him that alot of folks were puzzled. We'll see.

Justin
August 3, 2007, 11:23 AM
No, just George is smart enough to know what is on topic. (i.e. GUN fights in GUN movies)

While threads of "what's the best gunfight in a movie EVAR!" get started about once every four hours around here, I have to say, this is probably the first time I've seen a thread about "What's the worst gunfight in a movie ever."

So the premise is somewhat original.

I find it quite funny, however, that everyone is pretty much listing all the same movies that keep getting listed in the "Best Gunfight" threads.

Notch
August 3, 2007, 11:32 AM
Surprised no one mentioned Resident Evil II.

When the Nemesis is walking towards those SF guys. All those gun toting guys and NOT ONE thought to shoot his HEAD? Really stupid. Here is the scene:

Yah but Milo Jivovich is in it so it is forgiven...

indie
August 3, 2007, 11:41 AM
i watched "Blood Diamond" last night

there was a WHOLE bunch of AK-47 fire that didnt seem to penetrate people and car doors. Because if it did, the movie would have ended within 30 minutes because all the main characters would have been dead.

nitesite
August 3, 2007, 11:46 AM
Each and every single Rambo movie.

Enough to make you puke. Like firing the LAW thru the windshield while inside a UH-1 and the rescued prisoners are huddled in the rear. Or shooting that M-60 from the hip all the time.

Bad Penny 03
August 3, 2007, 12:21 PM
do not forget 'Escape from New York" and I believe it was a MAC 10 that never ran out of ammo

Yeah, the scoped, suppressed MAC-10.
A scoped (3x9) open bolt machine pistol.
Priceless.

rambo

judge dread

cobra

demolition man

...basically anything with stallone

Yes, thank you.
Judge Dread: "I am the law!!!!!!!"

:barf:

Chuck Norris in any Delta Force movie

I loved it in Invasion USA when he uses 2 machine pistols. Never aims. Has no reloads. always fires full auto.

Then throws the guns away when the run dry.

but then he does this in [I]every movie so he can go all Kung-Fu on em.

I think he actually hits the guys once or twice out of every burst, as he waves the guns back and forth.

Then the scene were he uses was I guess was supposed to be a mock up of a n M203 with a buck shot load or some thing. He pulls the trigger and waves the weapon across the room and takes out the whole wall. You know... cause he can "throw" the buck shot.

I can't watch Chuck. I cringe every time I see him touch a firearm.

skwerl
August 3, 2007, 01:09 PM
John Travolta and Nick Cage. Not too bad to start with; normally I rate movies as fun to watch (to include horrible gunplay), or not so much fun. Up until the final battle it was fun to watch.....

These two clowns must have slung over a hundred rounds at each other at distances your average 9 year old could hit you with a spitball, yet neither one gets hurt. This, after earlier in the movie having made some equally impossible to hit long distance shots.

To loosely quote Andrew Dice Clay, "Untruckingbelievable!"

Bad Penny 03
August 3, 2007, 01:21 PM
These two clowns must have slung over a hundred rounds at each other at distances your average 9 year old could hit you with a spitball, yet neither one gets hurt. This, after earlier in the movie having made some equally impossible to hit long distance shots

I find it really hard to watch movies where they fire thousands of rounds and don't hit @#$!.

How about The Matrix. Was it 3 where they had the shoot out on the freeway with the guys phasing in and out of the cars with sub-guns?
They kept shooting the doors with them and they never penetrated the car.
Like 30,000 rounds later...no hits on the passengers.
I kept saying "how about shoot at somebody ..? Through a window maybe ?"
and "geez, pull a .308 out of your a@@ and shoot them with that.."
"hell...with the way this movie is going...just pull a rocket out of your butt too !"

Harley Quinn
August 3, 2007, 01:24 PM
Most of "Arnold the Gov's" movies fill this one up. But there are other ones who also were very bad. But to vote him into office is the worst thing that has happened in CA for a while. Yes even worse than the laws in San Fran. Hmmm
HQ

plexreticle
August 3, 2007, 01:36 PM
+1 for the A-team

Taurus92 in KyleTX
August 3, 2007, 01:52 PM
"The Quick and the Dead" has to be one of the worst gunfighting movies ever... with the most ridiculous, stupid, comic book use of firearms I've ever seen.

"Comic book use" is the key word there. Movie was directed by Sam Raimi of Evil Dead, Army of Darkness, and Spidey fame (not to mention Hercules and Xena). Just about everything he does is comic-book-ish.

But, speaking of Sam Raimi and Army of Darkness and bad gunfights, how 'bout the final scene in Army of Darkness with our hero, Ash, taking on some shopper-turned-demon with an endlessly loaded lever action?

Loved the movie, including the last scene, but since we're being picky on gunfights...

"This is my BOOMSTICK!"

High Planes Drifter
August 3, 2007, 01:53 PM
The old Charles Bronson movies were stinkers.

I disagree. IMO SPR has no business in this thread. By most historians opinions, it was one of, if not the, most accurate depiction of combat ever to be brought to the screen.

buzz_knox
August 3, 2007, 01:59 PM
I'm wondering if the Saving Private Ryan reference was due to a misunderstanding of the question asked.

Heavy Metal Hero
August 3, 2007, 02:13 PM
The gun fights in Gladiator sucked....they didn't even use guns.

TheBigBulgarian
August 3, 2007, 02:17 PM
+1 on Cobra

I didn't see anyone mention Lethal Weapon. Mel and the :) on the Paper target. lol

Jackie Chan + Gun = Bad Gun scene in any movie lol.
Replace Jackie with Jean Claude Van Dam in the statement above lol.

geekWithA.45
August 3, 2007, 02:18 PM
OT!
Dead Horse Flogging!
Gratuitous mention of presidential candidates without RKBA relevance!

Oh, wait. nevermind. ;)

My pick: the final gunfight in the first Bourne Identity movie.

What's his face plummets down 9, 10 stories of a stairwell, plugs the bad guy in passing, and walks away without even bouncing.

Deanimator
August 3, 2007, 02:30 PM
Anything in Year of the Dragon. It nearly destroyed Mickey Rourke's AND John Lone's careers. Of course Lone subsequently gave his career the coup de grace with M Butterfly...

You don't usually see scripts THAT bad unless Ron Jeremy's in the cast...

Deanimator
August 3, 2007, 02:31 PM
The old Charles Bronson movies were stinkers.
Not Death Wish. It was pretty low key and very well done.

High Planes Drifter
August 3, 2007, 03:44 PM
My pick: the final gunfight in the first Bourne Identity movie.

What's his face plummets down 9, 10 stories of a stairwell, plugs the bad guy in passing, and walks away without even bouncing.

How could I forget that one.(?) He "rode" the dead guy on the trip down after kicking him thru the handrail.

CWL
August 3, 2007, 05:23 PM
Cobra

Yeah, I wish to change my vote for the worst gun action movie of all time.

Bad Penny 03
August 3, 2007, 05:36 PM
Cobra!
LOL
This is where the law stops...and I start....SUCKER!

I can't even type that with a straight face...

langenc
August 3, 2007, 07:17 PM
Tha A-Teams were always interesting. Hundreds of rounds touched off-NO BLOOD anywhere??

How about Ugly from "Good, Bad and Ugly?"

RobMoore
August 3, 2007, 07:20 PM
Which one was ugly? The Mexican?

JackCrow
August 3, 2007, 07:39 PM
Yes, Tuco played by Eli Wallec

TGTBATU is one of my all time favorite westerns. The only gun fight I have problem with is the bath tub scene, submersible Colt Army? I don't think so!

My vote for one of the worst is "Escape from L.A". There are a couple of scenes, especially the final climactic one were a bunch of guys with machine guns stand in a circle and shoot at the guy in the center. :rolleyes:

collateral
August 3, 2007, 07:47 PM
I believe it was one of the Missing In Action films, Chuck Norris has a pintle mounted M-60 and is spraying away at a convoy, his patrol boat is hit by an RPG and sinks.

Chuck resurfaces at the shore with the M-60 still in hand, and kills the rest of the enemy soldiers.

Ridiculously cheesey.

scout26
August 3, 2007, 10:07 PM
Grosse Point Blank

John Cusack and Dan Akroyd shooting it out the house at the end, neither one gets hit other until John smashes a TV over Dan's head.

At least they stopped to reload.

Still one funny movie.

rero360
August 4, 2007, 11:35 AM
my two picks, apart from the many horrible movies already mentioned above would have to be Snatch and Lock Stock and two Smoking Barrels

I love both of these movies but the gratuitis use of desert eagle point five oh and borris the bullet dodger and all that makes it pretty bad. not terrible, but no one has mentioned them yet. Although I thought the use of a bren gun indoors was pretty funny if not poorly choosen for the task.

slzy
August 4, 2007, 12:06 PM
gunfight at the ok corral,with burt lancaster as wyatt,lasted longer than some civil war battles,[and i love both these movies,so stow yer flames]and when virgil in tombstone hits clanton over the head,well harder licks have passed in pillow fights.

Famine
August 4, 2007, 12:25 PM
my two picks, apart from the many horrible movies already mentioned above would have to be Snatch and Lock Stock and two Smoking Barrels

I love Snatch and have seen it many times. What gun scenes are you talking about? There is very little gun use in the film.

VacuumJockey
August 4, 2007, 12:43 PM

[Trey Parker]Matt Damon![/Trey Parker]

I dunno, this guy falls about 50' feet (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBvCrSjpx9I&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Ftailrank%2Ecom%2F2356263%2FJake%2DBrown%2Dfalls%2D50%2Dfeet%2D%26%2Dwalks%2Daway%2DX%2DGames%2D13%2DBig%2DAir) and lives to talk about it. He is wearing a helmet though.

For terrible gunfights, I nominate Starship Troopers -- all of it. Remember the training incident? Or the fact that in the future, our technologically advanced civillization has apparently forgotten how to use artillery?

Fun movie, but in terms of gunplay: Profoundly and willfully stupid.

Patriot-Brewer
August 4, 2007, 03:45 PM
The beach scene in Saving Private Ryan.:eek::scrutiny:

Yeah, that and the down town shootout in Heat!:rolleyes:

rockinrussky
August 4, 2007, 03:56 PM
I don't know if anyone here has ever heard of "Dear Wendy," but its an indie film (thats even won some awards!) that has got to have some of the worst gun fights/usage ever.
link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0342272/
Anyways, on to the gun fights:
1. a kid with a broomhandle mauser shoots a guy in a tower at 150+ yards, by doing a quick 'calculation'
2. a girl can 'ricochet' bullets off of 3 walls like in a game of pool and kill people
3. appearently when cops bring in 'the big guns' they use ARs chambered in
9mm
If this had been a comedy, it would be genius, otherwise, its a movie that has to be seen to be believed.

Beetle Bailey
August 5, 2007, 12:15 AM
1. a kid with a broomhandle mauser shoots a guy in a tower at 150+ yards, by doing a quick 'calculation'

The other guy did the range estimation for him, then he looked at his notecards to remind himself how much to compensate for bullet drop. Finally, he adjusted the rear-sight ladder on his C96 before he took the shot. The only thing he forgot was to compensate for shooting at an upwards angle. I'd say that's pretty good, all things considered. BTW, I think he said 135 yards.

The gun handling was horrible, as none of the characters observed the 4 rules, and nobody uses eye or ear protection.

And actually, after sitting thru the first 3/4 of this film, I was pleasantly surprised there was even actually gonna be a gunfight! :)

Well-Armed Lamb
August 5, 2007, 01:25 AM
This is actually a really hard question. There are movies with egregiously stupid bits of gun dialogue (DIE HARD II's infamous "porcelain Glock") that have decently entertaining gunfights. There are movies where the gunfights are utterly unrealistic, but still entertaining as all hell (most gun-fu films, and EQUILIBRIUM -- hey, *I* liked it, dagnabbit). And there are movies where the gunfights are poorly staged, but not all that offensive in terms of accuracy. So this really is a very tough issue to think about. Good one, Ogre.

Hum. Well, we're not talking bad gun movies, but we're talking bad gun *fights.* So, that said, I concur with folks who say the major contender for the worst gunfight in film has to be the final assault in COMMANDO. It's not just unrealistic, it's dramatically unsatisfying. 1) People shoot at Arnold, and miss. 2) He shoots at people, from the hip, full auto, killing crowds with every shot. 3) Repeat for five minutes. In my stupid action movies, I want to see the hero think creatively or try something new. Watching that scene in COMMANDO is like watching your roommate play DOOM.

And the thing that gets me is, I'm trying to think of another gunfight that's that bad, and I just can't.

Finch
August 5, 2007, 02:02 AM
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this one....or maybe they were just smart enough not to watch this excuse for a movie....

Transporter 2. :banghead:

The gun play was horrible, but the worst part is this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=545UxDHKYbg

I shut the movie off after I saw that....

PercyShelley
August 5, 2007, 06:40 AM
I have to second the 1996 Romeo and Juliet. The gunplay in that film was a unique sort of nonsensical, painfully bad vomit.

Gun!=feather duster!

U.S.SFC_RET
August 5, 2007, 08:24 AM
I am Gunkid. :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Bottom Ten Worst Gunfights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!