power ball question

PDA

Bezoar
August 4, 2007, 12:54 AM
http://www.thegunzone.com/powrball.html

These findings just dont jive with what ive read in older advertisements and in ammo catalogs. Supposedly its supposed to give you fmj feed reliability as well as giving you a gaurunteed jhp performance.

But in this it would seem the round either blows right through the person with minimal expansion or expands and seperates upon impact creating a jagged polymer ball/fmj layer/expanded lead core to bounce around your attackers insides.

Technically if that happened everytime, that would creat the best wounding as it would all be vital soft tissue, lung, heart, spleen, bowels, etc. getting destroyed instead of a single 1 inch diameter hole through the entire body.

Is that the true function of the powerball or is this just results of a bad test?

If you enjoyed reading about "power ball question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
M2 Carbine
August 4, 2007, 01:19 PM
The only PB round I've tried is the .380.
I've been a fan of CorBon for years and was looking forward to the PB for reliable feeding in some pistols.

For many years I've been shooting a gallon jug of water and a box of rags to capture the bullet. I've found that in almost every case if a JHP or JSP bullet is going to expand it will expand within a single water jug and the results are reasonably close to shooting jello (close enough for backyard testing anyhow).

The .380 PB was terrible. No expansion at all.
PowerBall on the left, compared to "normal" JHP on the right.

Maybe the PB preforms better in other calibers but I'm not interested in paying the high cost to find out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Bell406_206B/KT308CBPB_MT_CBHP.jpg

hrgrisso
August 4, 2007, 01:38 PM
I use PowRBall in .40 and .45 and love both of them. I've only captured the bullets for the .40. Seemed to expand great for me. Sorry I don't have any pics but that was my experience.

M2 Carbine
August 4, 2007, 02:08 PM
hrgrisso
I use PowRBall in .40 and .45 and love both of them. I've only captured the bullets for the .40. Seemed to expand great for me. Sorry I don't have any pics but that was my experience.

Good.

It stands to reason that my .380 test isn't typical of the whole PD line.

Bezoar
August 4, 2007, 05:36 PM
well is it better then the expending full metal jacket stuff by federal?

If you enjoyed reading about "power ball question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!